PDA

View Full Version : Divequest

scuttle66
09-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Has anyone recently done the Divequest at Epcot? My husband and I are certified divers and would love to give this to him for his birthday. I was wondering what others think.

Samtastic
09-06-2007, 11:14 AM
If I had my certification, I'd definately do it! I'm "settling" for the Seas Aqua Tour.:cool:

(Plus if you have a Disney Visa Rewards, you get a discount! :thumbsup:)

CanadianWDWFan
09-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I haven't done it for years, but It is the one dive that I truly remember! The interaction with the folks in the Living Seas is worth the price alone. I did like sneaking up on the folks eating at Coral Seas as well. That was fun!

Go for it! You won't be disappointed. Another note, is that the only personal piece of equipment that you can use is your mask. All other stuff is supplied including your shortie.

scooterca42
09-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Go for it! DH and I gave it to each other for our anniversary and can't wait to do it. (9 days, 9 days...) All accounts of it that I have read have been glowing. The bio-diversity is evidently amazing to see.

We're doing it on two different days, though we usually are each other's buddies. This is so the person not diving - is videotaping! :thumbsup:

angyl15
09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I have done divequest twice and loved it! It has been a few years since I have, but it is still a great memory. The people who work at living seas are great! They showed us how to get the sharks to come right up to our masks.

GrmGrninGost
09-06-2007, 08:52 PM
My wife's sister dives all over the world. She did Divequest a couple years ago and was simply amazed! She said it was one of the most enjoyable dives she had ever taken.

LovinWDW
09-06-2007, 11:10 PM
I did it two summers ago and had a blast. Where else do you get clear water, full of sea life, sharks, turtles etc. with NO current. I think the best part was interacting with the people on the other side of the glass and in the coral reef rest. Do it, you won't regret it.:thumbsup:

pennymom
09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
:diver:My husband will be 'Dive Questing' next week for the first time and is very excited. As stated above, he can bring his mask (prescription) and we were told also a dive watch.:diver:

(If anyone's interested, there's a 15% off coupon in the back of Birnbaum's WDW guide.)