PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Park?

mjaclyn
09-06-2007, 09:54 AM
I have to say my least favorite park is MGM. There are a couple of good rides but to me, it just seems so much emptier than the other three parks. I also think the dining leaves much to be desired. Which park is your least favorite?

murphy1
09-06-2007, 09:58 AM
I voted MGM just b/c I like (sorry) Universal better (than MGM, not Disney, don't throw things at me!!!!)

If anyone votes MK, you are banned from WDW:D

illini
09-06-2007, 10:01 AM
another MGM here. if it wasn't for star tours (ds loves it), ToT, and possibly Fantasmic, we wouldn't bother.

lol @ banning anyone who votes MK. so far, everyone is safe!

SueQ
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I also voted MGM. I love the park but not as much as the rest of them.

Who could ever say MK is their least favorite???

krose78
09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I am only saying Animal Kingdom because we have only been there once in all our travels but in Dec we are giving it a real try since we are staying longer than usual. But I do agree about MGM I hope with all the new changes it will get better. :fingers:

DNS
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I didn't have to give this much thought at all. I'm not a fan of MGM. I love the other three parks, but in a 10 day trip to Disney, we only spend about 4 to 6 hours at MGM.

Samtastic
09-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I can't! I love them all. I'd say MGM but I love Indiana jones, and star tours, and the muppets and TOT, etc... Heart eating at the 50's and fantasmic is totally awesome!

AK is great too, I really think it's more than EE. Watching the shows--DBF got clipped by an bird at the Flights of Wonder, haha, the fun rides- Dino, the Primeval Whirl, EE, the safari...the animals, the tree! Eating is a lil down (no mure Tusker :( ) but it's got new things coming plus I'm dying to try the tea company stand.

MK is well MK. 'Nuf said

And Epcot just may well be my fav.

SBETigg
09-06-2007, 11:23 AM
MGM. There is less and less for us to do there every time, it seems.

CanadianWDWFan
09-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Animal Kindom. If it wasn't for EE and Dinosaur, I wouldn't even bother going there.

Also it has got to be the hottest place on the planet. Every time we go there it always seems that it is at least 20 degrees hotter than anyother park.:whew:

LoriMistress
09-06-2007, 11:37 AM
It's a tie between MGM and AK, but I choose AK just because there's not much to do there.

#1donaldfan
09-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I really like them all.....if I had to choose one to never go to again, I guess I would pick......man, what a hard choice.......I suppose I would pick Epcot....why, there are only a few rides there we enjoy and it's so hot there......very little shade and a lot of walking.....don't get me wrong I enjoy that park and I'm forced to choose......ha, ha....

Polynesian Dweller
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
AK for me. Its the hottest park by far and except for EE there isn't much that is a must do every trip.

SandmanGStefani24
09-06-2007, 12:16 PM
gotta say MGM too. I hate to say that because it was right up there with Epcot (my fave) when I saw it on my '95 trip. It's just a little dated and needs some attention. I do love to eat there though, since it has my 2 fave restaurants! I;m sure DW will get MGM, or DS, or Hollywood, or whatever it's called back running with the big boys again soon.

cheshirecollector
09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
I voted for MGM since I'm not a movie fan, can't go on thrill rides, and don't like the "streetmosphere" characters. Not much else to do there. I used to like a few things that are no longer there: Superstar Television and the original sound effects show. Now it's just Muppet Vision 3D usually.

I remember that AK used to get the majority of votes in polls like this, until they opened EE. Now MGM seems to be dropping in popularity, despite the great rides.

DisneyOtaku
09-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Animal Kindom. If it wasn't for EE and Dinosaur, I wouldn't even bother going there.

Also it has got to be the hottest place on the planet. Every time we go there it always seems that it is at least 20 degrees hotter than anyother park.:whew:

Same here, just add Kali River Rapids and Primevil Whirl. Also, AK doesn't seem as...flat as the other parks. It's so hilly and it wears me out faster.

irish1967
09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
No contest - AK for us.

I don't know - I enjoy it when we go but we don't have any "must-do" there.

Since we usually only have 3 nights/4 days at WDW, we'll repeat our favorites rather than spend the time to travel to AK.

Tygger7
09-06-2007, 02:12 PM

AMEN. My thoughts exactly.

FriendsofMickey
09-06-2007, 02:28 PM
EPCOT for me. I remember how my dh was so excited about EPCOT our first trip and how dissapointed he was with the changes he saw (in '96). It has always been blah for me.

Last year, I was determined to get all I could out of it, but then Norway Princess Breakfast happened. We HATED it and spent almost 100 to boot, so kind of ruined the day for us. We left after dinner (around 6:00 and went back to the resort and swam).... just a blah day. First and hopefully last time we felt that way while at Disney.

Being the forever optimist, this year, I am even more determined to find the secret of EPCOT. We have the passports for my girls (which we bought last Sept but never used). I plan on having them do all the kidcot stops, the nestle baking spot, and also they are 40" this year, so we will be able to ride a few of the rides we were unable to this year.

disney crazy family
09-06-2007, 02:30 PM
:down: MGM for me too. It just lacks the magic the other parks have. We go for only a few hours and then we are usually done.

snifflesmcg
09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I voted AK. I really can't get into this park much. If it wasn't for about 7 of the most popular rides, I wouldn't bother. I must say, since the addition of EE it has gotten better (although I haven't seen Nemo yet). Out of my 9 day trip, we are going to AK once and it's only open 9-5 that day.

wedway76
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
No question AK.

Before EE, there was no reason to go there. One trip we were in WDW for 12 days. We rode every ride in every other park many many times, but didn’t go to AK once.

January-2007
09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Our least favorite park is Animal Kingdom. We actually just love MGM!

cal5755
09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I only voted MGM because I had to vote for one!! I love the live Beauty and the Beast, TOT, RnRC, Hollywood & Vine and of course Fantasmic is awesome!! MGM is the one park where some things I find boring after seeing them once. I still like that park though!!

McLiberal8
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Love MGM, hate DAK.

It is too big, the rides don't blow me away (except Everest), it's boring, and it just seems like it was completely rushed to me. I just don't feel any of that :pixie: there.

Plus, 1 word: Dinorama.

IloveDisney71
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
This was tough for me, because I visit all of the parks multiple times during each trip, but I voted for MGM as my least favorite park. My favorite ride - RRC is there and I love Fantasmic but other than Indiana Jones, Muppets 3-D, and LMAX, there is not that much more that is "must see" for me. I also don't care much for the table service restaurants there. The other parks offer "more" of everything for me and my family. That being said - I still prefer it over Sea World or Universal Studios. That's just my:twocents:.:mickey:

grumpycajun
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I almost feel bad voting a negative for any park, but I say MGM. Love ToT and a few other thing, but it doesn't stack up to the other parks. Having said that, it's all relative. A bad day at MGM is still better than a good day at a lot of other places!

jillluvsdisney
09-06-2007, 07:06 PM
I voted MGM also. I like RNRC and Beauty and Beast. None of the other attraction really thrill me or pull me to visit. I've skipped the park on past trips and am considering it this year also.

We really enjoy AK because there are so many attraction my Mom can enjoy while being in a wheelchair. I always feel like she has a good time so that makes me happy to be there.

DizneyFreak2002
09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
MGM is my least favorite... Used to be Animal Kingdom.... However, I have come to appreciate AK more and more.... MGM fails the test to gain my interest...

GrmGrninGost
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I voted AK as my least favorite. But, I still love it! :mickey: Just not quite as much as the others. They need to improve the food selection, especially counter service. I can't believe they are turning Tusker House into table service! Also, I wish they had more attractions that were inside and air conditioned. If you go during the hot months, it is practically unbearable.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Another vote for MGM here. I don't hate it by any means, It just does not compare to Epcot, MK or AK for me.

We only do maybe one day there out of 9-10 days in WDW.

Jared
09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
My least favorite park is Disney-MGM Studios by a wide margin. If not for Fantasmic!, I probably wouldn't visit the park at all during a normal trip.

bertasso59
09-06-2007, 09:34 PM
AK for me,but if they ever open Beastlie Kingdom that could change.In that case I would have to vote for none of them!

Mickey91
09-07-2007, 01:05 AM
AK. I don't have to go there at all. I only go because DH and DS like EE and DH likes the Safaris. The parade is fun though. We will go this year to see the Nemo Show. FOTLK is a great show but I don't need to see it every year.

BritCody
09-07-2007, 06:49 AM
I would go with Epcot just because of the lack of rides

offero
09-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Unfortunately MGM wins in my opinion. though it was close. AK has more rides but many are lackluster, including the dinorama. We tend to go to AK and skip many of the rides, but AK makes up for it in what they have visually. True the walk through parts are nothing more than a zoo. But you have to see the zoo near my house to see why I appreciate Ak.

MGM has a few great rides but absolutely nothing outside of a holiday party to keep you in the park. To us it was a can skip park last time we went. We showed up went on about four or five rides, went to the holiday light ceremony, and left.

DisneyorBust
09-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Disney Studios barely edged out AK. Both of these parks need to be re-invigorated with new rides and attractions. Hopefully, we will see some positive change in the very near future.

Figgyluv03
09-07-2007, 08:54 AM
AK, but I guess I've really never given it a chance since I was only there once and it was at the end of the day to see Tarzan Rocks.

Rodders
09-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I honestly couldn't pick one. The parks are all so different that I can't compare them

MK - I don't even feel the need to justify why this isn't the worst.

Epcot - I just love the world showcase

AK - I find this park very relaxing and I love animals

Disney Studios - RnR, TOT, Fantasmic

Please don't ask me to turn my back on any 1 park again ;) :D:D

4ubie1
09-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I voted for Disney Studios. There are a couple rides there that I absolutely love but when i walk around the park, makes me sad :cry: seeing how empty the park is. I am glad to hear they are working on adding a couple more attractions to this park.:D

julyjewel
09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Epcot...The reason being is that there aren't many benches or trees. That and there needs to be more tables in the counterservice areas.

mttafire
09-07-2007, 09:55 AM
I voted for the Hollywood Studios. It by far is our least favorite. Obviously there are a few GREAT rides BUT..Its its still just a half day park for us.

mickey&missy
09-07-2007, 10:08 AM
:down: MGM for me too. It just lacks the magic the other parks have. We go for only a few hours and then we are usually done.

Exactly!

We where going to skip MGM, or Disney Studios, altogether next trip but my kids really want to see Fantasmic. We're going to do the Dinner and Fantasmic package. We'll probably head to the park in the afternoon see Beauty and The Beast, Indiana Jones, watch the parade and then have dinner. We're not thrill ride people so there really isn't much there for us.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
I voted for Animal Kingdom...it was just way too hot, way too much walking (without much to look at) and not really that much that the family wanted to do!

I know a lot of people really enjoy AK, but it just doesn't get us excited like the other parks do.

letsdoitagain
09-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Least Favorite is Epcot. I can't believe that there are 6 people out there that would choose the Magic Kingdom. Here's my ranking.

1. Magic Kindgom
2. MGM
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Epcot

Melanie
09-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Slowly but surely, my least favorite park has become MGM. Such a shame too, since it has so much potential. :(

Ian
09-07-2007, 10:29 AM
First off, I notice that none of the six people who voted for MK will own up to it. ;)

Not to be judgemental, but if MK is your least favorite park, how can you really be a fan of WDW??

Anyway ... 12 months ago this would have been a slam dunk AK vote all the way. Oddly enough, though, I really found myself having to think hard between AK and DHS.

Ultimately, I voted for AK, but I dunno ... it could have gone either way for me really. I used to really like DHS, but it's so stagnant anymore and just such a mish-mosh of nothing. Now that EE has been added to AK, it's really, really close!

princessM0m
09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
EPCOT for me. It's overwhelming and aside from Soarin' and Mission Space there is little in Futureworld to keep going back to time and again. Too many great things are now gone, like Horizons and the old Journey into Imagination. World Showcase is nice but I feel like I am paying admission to shop at the mall. It's just not enough to make me want to go back every year.

mousetrapper
09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I really can't say which of my favorite three I like best - MK, Epcot or MGM! But I do know that AK is not one of my favorites. I love the theming and the feel of the park -- and can't wait to try EE in Nov. -- but it's really the only one of the four parks I can do once a trip and not go back. Sometimes we've only gone for a 1/2 day!

Although this time, something tells me we'll want to stay longer because of EE!

:thumbsup:

jclightchasr
09-07-2007, 06:06 PM
MGM for me too, I don't dislike It I just don't like it as much as the others.

RocknRoller94
09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
:fit:It's Hard, but I would have to say MK. There are not many rides I enjoy there. But don't get me wrong. It's very close. In fact, I love all the parks almost equally.

mainemajor
09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
I can not chosse a least favorite, they all have so much to offer. My biggest issue with any of the parks is that I feel AK is hard to get around in. I am always looking for directions, sure there are signs around, but never when and where you need them. My wife would choose MK as her least favorite, although it's one of my favorites

amd780
09-08-2007, 04:28 PM
My biggest issue with any of the parks is that I feel AK is hard to get around in.
I have to agree on this one...I've only been to AK once (out of the 4 times I've been to WDW since AK opened), and it seemed confusing. The park is beautiful, but there really isn't much there that DH and I love. While it may be my least favorite, I still like it! :mickey:

CosmicRay
09-08-2007, 05:04 PM
MGM for us! DH and I have never cared much for the park. It was a park we'd go to for a few hours and then leave. We would tie that with AK, but last time we went, we took DS and he loved AK. So as a family we would all have to vote on MGM.

jonah'smom
09-08-2007, 05:25 PM
It used to be Epcot, but now, hands down AK. MGM has always been one of our favorites!!!!!!! We just love the atmosphere, especially at night! It used to be Epcot just because when DS was younger, there wasn't much to do. But now we all seem to have a really great time there, and find ourselves wanting to spend more time there.

AK on the other hand, we find ourselves spending less and less time there. In fact the only reason I've thrown it into the schedule at all this year is because DH likes the Safari and I want to check out the new Nemo show.

CaptSmee
09-10-2007, 12:10 AM
This is like asking me which child I like the least...I went with Animal Kingdom, but if they keep adding great attractions like Everest & Nemo then it'll probably be MGM.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Easy.....MGM! There are only a few things that I like about this park - RnRC, ToT, B&TB (of course), Muppets, animation class and characters. I feel that a lot of the park needs some updating. I'm tired of some of the shows. I like Star Tours but it really needs updating. It hasn't changed since Ep. 1-3 were made. Maybe with the name change.

Favorite park....EPCOT! :wine:I love the countries. Wish they'd add more.

RAIDER
09-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Its a tough one between MGM and AK and i went for AK as my least purely on the basis that i could spend a whole day in MGM while in AK . I think the SCI FI diner and Fanstasmic just swung it for me :thumbsup: