PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again, NFL arrest

Donald A
09-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Just when Roger Goddell stated that he had no more pending incidents to deal with, the following headline appears this evening:
Leigh Bodden (Browns CB) arrested at Cleveland airport
Yes, my beloved Browns will be the next target of a Goddell suspension. This thug (yes, that is what he acted like) decided that he was going to drive in reverse down a one-way street at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. He ignored a police officer and left his SUV in a restricted space. The officer asked him what he was doing and he said he was there to get "his people." He became abusive and resisted arrest.

I love the Browns but, once again, here we have another athlete that thinks he can do wahtever he wants and when he doesn't get it he breaks the law.

RAIDER
09-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Well thank god its not a Raider :blush:;)

kakn7294
09-06-2007, 07:23 AM
I know where you're coming from. It's an embarrassment to the sport and even this country when these jerks act like they are above it all. My only hope is that someday they will learn - maybe if Goodell keeps up with the suspensions and such, they'll finally get it. I think he's done a pretty good job so far - it's been a tough preseason for him!

Epc0tphr34k
09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
my guess is his being an athlete had nothing to do with his actions. there are alot of inconsiderate and rude people out there in the world that are sure that the entire place is just for them...that is what this seems like a case of. heck if you go to disney there are a thousand people that think its only their vacation and the place is theirs to do as they please.

the world needs common sense and concern for others, not criticism for athletes for not holding a higher moral ground than anyone else.

yes what he did was wrong but had he not been an athlete he would have likely done it any way, you just wouldn't have heard about it.

battlefield2freak
09-06-2007, 03:24 PM
this is really irritating lately. this is like the 5 or 6th one this year. just because your an professional NFL player doesnt mean you cna do what you want. i wish they would get it through their thick heads.