PDA

View Full Version : what is the castaway club?

thejens
09-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I guess my title says it all!

RobWreck
09-06-2007, 07:31 AM
The Castaway Club is DCL's roster of repeat cruisers. You get automatically enrolled after your first cruise w/ DCL. Basically, you get little perks towards booking a cruise if you've cruised with them before (like earlier booking for excursions and shipboard reservations). Not sure what other benefits you get...
Rob

ElenitaB
09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
At port, there are a few desks dedicated to checking in Castaway Club members and, of late, a special lanyard with pins has been given to repeat cruisers. Also, a gift is left in the cabin of repeat cruisers.

Hope that helps!

DisneyDudet
09-06-2007, 02:54 PM
You can get priority in booking things online before non members do as well. You should receive a packet in the mail with your cards and a CD soon after your first cruise. To tell you of all the benefits.

Others include a Stateroom gift which was pretty awesome! We got lanyards and a pin for everyone in the party. There are also get togethers just for members, and they have giveaways there as well.

TammiMcMan
09-06-2007, 08:32 PM
You should receive a packet in the mail with your cards and a CD soon after your first cruise.We got ours almost 3 years after our first cruise ;). Hopefully they've streamlined their marketing department.

RobWreck
09-06-2007, 10:47 PM
When we got our CD in the mail it was cracked... :( What was on it?
Rob

DisneyDudet
09-07-2007, 09:10 AM
There is some music, that I never heard on the trip, but that doesn't mean they didn't play it! There is also a track that has the ship's horn.

Tammi, I was a member in 2002, and it took my til 2006 to get mine, after many emails to DCL. My grandparents got their CD and it was cracked as well. I have heard many people say their's was cracked. Luckily, they sent us a few!