PDA

View Full Version : Great yet depressing news

DisneyOtaku
09-05-2007, 11:09 PM
My best friend for the past seven years just got offered his dream job of teaching English in South Korea. The school is paying for his ticket over there and already has an apartment set up for him. It's amazing, and I'm really excited for him.

The bad news is that he has to leave at the end of this month. We were originally expecting him not to be leaving until after Christmas, so as a going-away/Christmas gift, two of our friends and I were planning a suprise trip to, you guessed it, WDW for the four of us for three days. My friend hadn't been to WDW since he was three and another one of the members paying for the trip has never gone at all, so we thought it would have been a great memory.

Well, the three of us are now going to Disney by ourselves. This is still awesome, as I love my other two friends very much, and it is great that my best friend is living his dream, but I wanted to show him WDW, esp. Wishes.

Just had to get it off my chest, I guess.

DisneyDudet
09-05-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm so sorry about your friend missing out on the trip. I'm sure he is upset, but this is a great opportunity! One of my mother's co-workers was invited to coach basketball in Japan. He's not sure he wants to take it just yet.

Is there anyway to fly him home for your trip? That would make it even better!

Melanie
09-05-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm very sorry your plans were messed up by your friend's new job. How exciting for him though! I'm sure you will miss him and hopefully there will trips in the future for you all. :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
09-06-2007, 07:07 AM
I am so sorry that your great surprise trip for him was ruined. But it does sounds like he is very happy and excited about this chance to teach there. Good news is that WDW isn't going anywhere. So it will still be there to plan a Welcome Home Trip for him in the future. :mickey:

DisneyOtaku
09-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys. I would LOVE to plan him a welcome home trip, but he wants to teach in Korea for the rest of his life by getting permenant residency. He plans on getting married and raising a family over there. It may be years before we see each other again.

Though I guess we could always plan a reunion for WDW. :mickey: