PDA

View Full Version : Info on Port Orleans French Quarter

deva
09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
We may be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Its our first time bringing kids (6 and 2). Has anyone stayed here before? Can anyone offer insight? How's the pool? Is the resort good for kids? How's the food? Any experiences would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ledudes
09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Love it. We stayed last year and it is my new favorite moderate resort. Most of the buildings are an easy walking distance to the pool, buses, and food court. The pool has a cute slide the kids will enjoy. The location is nice because it never seemed to take long to get anywhere and it is the first stop for the buses so you always seem to get a seat. Food court was cute and had a nice kid coloring area with a tv. There is also a nice boa:number1:t ride from there to Downtown Disney that was great for a rest from the buses. The atmosphere is also nice. The food court offers beignets which is also a plus in my book!

Pirate Granny
09-06-2007, 12:04 AM
We've stayed there twice, and we love it...the pool is great, food court has good selection, but never over-crowded...and the bus service is great as you are the first one/first off most of the time...my favorite is taking a walk along the river...you can also go to Riverside for restaurant (i think it's reopened), food court and their pool...

ENJOY

:pirate:

spinnerf
09-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I think the pool is great for kids, there is a separate toddler pool and the large pool has waterfalls, a slide down the toungue of a serpents mouth. As mentioned in a prior post the walk along the river cant be beat, at night horses and carriages are out, boats in the river, very peaceful. Nothing special about the food in my book, but its good! Have a great time.

RALPH
09-07-2007, 07:10 AM
It's a great resort and our favorite moderate. The pool at the French Qtr. is very nice and your kids will have a ball. In fact when our son was 6 or 7 and intimidated by the water slide at the Poly, he asked us to take him over to the dragon slide at PO. Now I know your not supposed to pool hop, but since the hotel was not really crowded, we cheated. He loved that pool.

The resort is small and quaint. Everything is close by and not spread out like Riverside or Carribian Beach. Bus stops are close together. The food on site was good. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

offero
09-07-2007, 07:40 AM
I stayed for the first time in nov 06, and I was sold. We have stayed off site and at the pop resorts, but after staying there we have agreed that we probably always will.

The others pretty much described it perfectly. The boat rides, themed music, architecture & layout, horse rides make the place almost as romantic as it is relaxing. The food is Ok at best like Spinnerf said, but in our opinion the hotel more than makes up for it. Our favorite part of the hotel was Elliot Dyson. He is the late night entertainment in the lounge. if you get home from the park early or take a night off, stop and give him a listen.

garymacd
09-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I think you will find that POFQ is one of the favourite resorts here on Intercot. It is small, there is no such thing as a long walk to the food court, pool or buses.

The grounds are beautiful, the beignets are better and the pool, with its dragon slide, is a real hit with the kids.

You don't really have to worry about paying extra for a water view room, unless you want it. None of the rooms really have a bad view. The parking areas and kitchen service area are all well screened by trees and walls.

Have a great time and come back a POFQ convert.

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
POR is one of our favorite resorts. We rented small raycer boats the last time we were there and it was right off the dock in the back of the hotel. It was a lot of fun. :mickey:

krorx
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
:yay:There is a lot to be said for staying in a moderate resort. Port Orleans is our favorite. We've stayed there 3 times in the past. The size of the resort (smaller than most) makes walking to the bus stop, pool and food court easy. The food court has an ample selection of basic food that kids and adults will like, though it's nothing fancy. Our kids were 5 and 8 the first time we went and adored the pool, especially the serpent themed slide. We also enjoyed the boat ride to DD. I don't think you'll go wrong staying in this resort.