PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Internet Access

MouseManiac
09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Busy, busy, busy... 16 Days and counting!

DH is planning on bringing his laptop and working a little (12 days off is tough on a Stockbroker!:nopity:)during our stay at POFQ. So, to save myself from wasting valuable park time figuring out how to hook up the little stinker, I thought I would ask the well-of-knowledge that is my fellow Intercotees!:number1:

His Dell has wireless capabilities. Any info will be deeply appreciated by those without work on their mind!:mickey:

Thanks!

Mnchknbrat1982
09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I believe that POFQ has the capabilites of wireless. However, I do know that there is a like $9.95/fee per 24 hrs of usage.

So if it were me I would make sure to sign on when I could during the 24 period to get more for the buck. Because say if you sign on on Monday but then again not till Friday you would be charged the fee twice.

tinksmom02
09-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Brandie's right...my mom got the internet connection on our trip. She logged in on the first day, and then when she logged in again after the 24th hour, it charged her again, automatically.

kakn7294
09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I didn't use it so I don't know exactly how it works, but there was a cable with a sign on it about internet access on the table in our room at POFQ a few weeks ago. I assume that the cable hooks directly into the computer. It costs about $10 for a continuous 24 hr period. I don't think there is wireless access anywhere at POFQ - I thought only select resorts had wireless access but I could be wrong. There are also business centers with computers for guest usage (for fees of course) in several of the resorts - CS, CR, GF, YC, and BW all have them. Hope this helps!

ktflisa
09-06-2007, 08:45 AM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/computing/howtoconnect.asp
Right there is all your info! I have a PC broadband card so I can "hook up" anywhere - Verizon's works pretty good. In the past I have used the plug into the phone modem that was slow but got the job done. Sounds like (from reading the info linked above) Disney is getting better about offering internet connections...