PDA

View Full Version : Duck doo at MK bus stop

Cozfamilyof6
09-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I know this is gross, but last year when we left MK and were waiting for our bus back to our resort, there were dozens of geese/ducks everywhere. As a result they were leaving their droppings all over the ground right where the buses came to pick up guests returning to their resorts.

Does anyone know if this has been taken care of? Our bus driver told us Disney was not allowed to chase the fowl off the property.

EmmMOM2
09-05-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure if they can do anything about it, aside from hosing it all off the walkways...
though i did want to mention we had a duck/goose something at one of the stops once and it was trying to bite my sons foot when he was in his stroller. Good thing the bus came so we could get away from the thing.
I've heard the WL has ducks swimming in the pool their.. kinda unsanitary sounding to me... yucko

JPL
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately with these birds there isn't much Disney can do. I know they do clesan the Bus stops from time to time but it must be difficuly to stay on top of this mess.

katzctkpt
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
This past June it seemed there were more ducks than the past yrs. I'd say people are trying to feed them and they've learned they can get food there so, more come. There was one that chased a few kids while we were waiting on the bus and I'd also heard that they were taking residence up in the pools. Sounds like a call to the wildlife reserve may be in order and Disney may need to post signs not to feed the ducks.

NJRRK
09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
We had a duck wander into, yes into, our room at CR last week.

ariel03
09-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Disney does have signs that say do not feed the birds but no one pays attention to them. It is even on the napkins at the counter servies and snack stands. People just think it is cute when they feed the birds but when it gets out of hand they wonder why there are so many birds around.:confused: So please DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS!

BigRedDad
09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
When I lived in FL, many of the duck breeds are protected. You cannot do anything to make them leave from where they decide to walk. You can shew them a little, but they cannot have people around just shewing them away.

The best advice is stated above: Don't feed the birds. There is more the enough natural food for them on Disney Property. Animals are creatures of habit. They will learn to go to the easiest food source. They have no need to look for food when they see a cute family standing there with a loaf of bread.

illini
09-06-2007, 10:04 AM
The best advice is stated above: Don't feed the birds. There is more the enough natural food for them on Disney Property. Animals are creatures of habit. They will learn to go to the easiest food source. They have no need to look for food when they see a cute family standing there with a loaf of bread.

Not to mention that bread is not a proper diet for a bird. But yeah, the more they're fed, the more they'll congregate around people. Unfortunately, I don't see enough people stopping this practice to make a difference.

And I can't believe the duck was IN THE ROOM! Ew!

#1donaldfan
09-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Isn't it funny how we don't like them there, but when we go to the mountains (which I'm from the mountains) we want to see them.....and we don't seem to be so concerned with their droppings..... I suggest not stepping in it and just enjoy being at Disney.....

dyin tago
09-06-2007, 02:00 PM
maybe little duckie porta potties:funny:

not a big concern,at least not enough to ruin our vacation.

angedeaile
09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
When I lived in FL, they would walk into your house if you weren't careful! As folks have mentioned, Disney can't do anything about it....just urge guests not to feed them.

I never understood why people feed wildlife. They are life in the wild. They can survive on their own folks! Thnk about it.

Anywho, I use to think Ducks were a bother. Don't get me started on the wildlife I deal with here. Let me just tell you, it could be worse than just ducks. Although, I do admit, they are quite annoying.

Perhaps Disney needs to take extra steps to prevent guests from feeding them...I am not sure what that is, but maybe something along the lines of fines or ALOT more signs than what they have on property.

wedway76
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM

We live on a small lake and the ducks and the geese are a real problem. Not only do they droppings render your lawn unusable, they’ve raised the bacteria level in the lake so that it is dangerous to swim in. Although it is well posted not to feed the birds, on any given day you can find some well intentioned person with a stale loaf of Wonder Bread feeding them. If they have kids with them I won’t say anything but if I see them alone, I’ll nicely point out that what they are doing is actually bad for the birds and the environment.

Cozfamilyof6
09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Isuggest not stepping in it and just enjoy being at Disney.....

Kinda hard when it's all over and the little children don't pay attention to where they are going since they are so EXCITED to be at Disney.:eyes: