PDA

View Full Version : lunch suggestions

readytogo2
09-05-2007, 01:05 PM
i need some good lunch ideas for 2 days. one day we will be at AK and the other at TL. we have tried flame tree and rainforest and have tried snack shacks at TL. just looking for something different .

SBETigg
09-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Some of the snack and drinks stands at AK are now selling sandwiches to combat the fact that a few CS locations are closed for now, but it didn't look like an exciting option. Most of the crowd seemed to be at Restaurantosaurus (which was reportedly quite crowded with long lines and lack of seating). So while Flametree may be familiar, it might be your best AK bet. As for TL, it wasn't exactly a great place to eat all in all, so not sure what to tell you there.

The Yak and Yeti at AK may be open before you go, depending on dates. Otherwise, it might be a good time to take a break and head for the AKL to try the Mara. If you end up at Flametree again, I found the barbecue chicken salad to be a good option.

katzctkpt
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
TL can't elaborate never been to it. We have eaten lunch at Pizzafari in AK the last 2 yrs. The Italian Sandwhich is one of our favorites. We ate breakfast at the Breakfastsaurus but, I think it's closed now. And the newest restaurant is the Yak & Yeti not sure if it's open yet. Oh, almost forgot the Rainforest Cafe it's ok imo but, I prefer Pizzafari over the RC. Good luck in your choice and have fun....

readytogo2
09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
we will be there 9/21- 9/29.is there any place close to these places we should try?

SBETigg
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
You could break from TL to try something in Downtown Disney- they are close. But taking a break from the water park means getting all dressed and takes time.

ThanxForNoticin
09-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Westside (DTD) is right across the street from TL - lots of choices there (Wolfgang Puck is one of our favorites). I also agree with the idea of Mara for your AK option - you can take a 5 minute bus ride from AK to AKL - Mara has some very good options for lunch. I recommend the squash soup and a dessert or two...

RocknRoller94
09-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Iv'e never been to TL, but Tusker House is a good place to eat at AK. It is in Africa.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
If the Tusker is still open, go there while you can. The food is outstanding for a CS (not the typical burger fare), I had the wrap with corn chowder--very yummy. Definately go there now since it's being converted into a TS buffet.

SBETigg
09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Tusker House closed at the end of August and will be down for the travel dates in question.

readytogo2
09-08-2007, 02:59 PM
weve decided on mara since weve never been to AKL. any recommendations when we get there?