PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treating Question at MNSSHP

CandleontheWater
09-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok, this is a two part question... :mickey:

Can adults trick or treat at MNSSHP? That would be so cool

Do you have to dress up to trick or treat? DH and I are going down the 19-26th of Oct, and we're attending the Halloween party on the 23rd. We weren't planning on doing serious costumes, but I plan to wear a tiara and DH a tri-corner hat. With the heat, the hassle of packing extra things, and the pressure to come up with a good costume, we aren't planning on dressing up, however, if we can only trick or treat in full costume, we may re-think our plans.

Roger Rabbit 89
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
When we went they handed everyone a trick-or-treat bag. DW and I both got candy when we went with the kids.

DW and I did not wear costumes just Jack Skellington\Mickey Ears and DW wore sparkly Minnie Ears. The kids dressed up. It was really a toss up on if people wore costumes or not. You should be fine either way.

Michael

Goes4FastPass
09-05-2007, 12:38 PM
ANY park guest can pick up a treat bag, there is no age maximum or costume requirement and...

Trick or Treat at MNSSHP is worthless.

Unless you've been to the MK a jillion times recently why would anyone bother. Stand in a LONG line for a piece of way inferior candy... then repeat. Don't We spend enough time in queues at WDW?

Hallowen parade? Yes!
Haloween shows? Yes!
Halloween atmosphere? Yes!
Ride time throughout the MK? Yes!
Queue up for 4 cents worth of candy? Uh, no.

disneymom15
09-05-2007, 01:44 PM
My experience is, at the trick or treat spots, the cm's give out the candy by the handfuls.

sainter
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Maybe it depends on what night you go but we ended up with more candy than we could carry --almost :thumbsup: And it was mini-candy bars! I would agree that the lines at the beginning of the night and the locations at the front of the park were very long, but later and further into the park, not long and moved along quickly. On Halloween night they were handing the candy out by the fists fulls near the end - to get rid of it!! All while we watched them wheel out handpulled cart loads of boxes more!!

crazeedizneefinatic
09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Worthless?? I really don't understand that? We are a family of 4 adults and 1 child and most of the time we pass up the stations because our bags are already full. My son gets so excited about the bags of candy, that usually last weeks after the vacation has ended, lol! CM's stuff handfuls of Snickers and other mini chocolates in the bag along with other candies. I have never found the wait long. Maybe 1 minute tops. The lines have always flowed smoothly and quickly. We have always gone in early October, not sure if that makes a difference?

I could say it would be "worthless" to trick or treat if you were not a candy eater or did not have a child who enjoyed dressing up in the most magical place on earth and being treated to handfuls of candy! But to make a blanket statement because maybe you don't enjoy candy might make someone think the party was not worth it or a pain in the you know what. Believe me Disney is very generous on giving and that part of the party is always a "treat" for the kids and the kids in all of us!:mickey:

carley
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
im 35.... going for the first time to disney this september and will be dressed up haveing a blast and you bet ill be trick or treating :)

mickey&missy
09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Of course you can trick or treat thats half the fun! Its not WORTHLESS! Granted, the trick or treat trail, the trail from ToonTown to Tomorrowland, maybe something you skip. The line to even get on the trail when we went last year was really long. Plus, they give you candy by the handful everywhere else! There was a spot in Adventureland where you could walk through trick or treat and meet different characters, we thought that was cool.

Dressing up is fun! We went on Halloween last year so, I think more people dressed up because it actually was Halloween. The weather at night was cool enough that wearing costumes didn't bother us. Packing was an issue though. We dressed for the kids, I was Minnie, DS was Mickey, DH was Prince Charming, DD was Cinderella. When we do it again only the kids will dress up to save suitcase room! We shipped the costumes home because they took up sooo much room!

Your going to have a blast!!!

caryrae
09-05-2007, 06:29 PM
My wife and I went with my parents last year. None of us dressed we just all bought a halloween shirt from our resort. I also remember the lines moving smoothly some lines only lasted less then a minute and we too got a handful of candy not just a few pieces. Then when we left there more bins outside where CM were ginving out handfuls of mini snickers. We got more candy then we could eat, I think we even got more candy at MNSSHP then trick or treating as a kid. It was well worth it even without kids.

ktflisa
09-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Fun fun fun! Anyone can trick or treat - they have all kinds of candy. We also ended up passing up a few because our bags were full. We've been 4 times over the years and have never dressed up. We don't have children. I wore Shrek ears one time and got a lot of hisses from CM's, all in fun of course.

We'll be at the party Sept 14 - can't wait!

sainter
09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I guess lots of candy is worth more or less to each of us, but watching my 64 year old Dad, my 44 year old hubby and the 3 teenagers in the group laughing and teasing their way through every candy line, Priceless.

GrmGrninGost
09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Okay, my name is Gary, I'm 44 years old, and I admit it. I love trick-or-treating at MNSSHP! :mpumpkin: Even the year my wife and I went without the DKs, we had a blast trick-or-treating! The candy they give out is awesome! No cut-rate junk here, just the good stuff! Sometimes we wear costumes, sometimes we don't. It just doesn't matter, the whole party is a blast! Go! Enjoy! We'll be there on Sept. 14th for our 16th anniversary! I'll try to leave a little candy for you!:bat::blackcat:

Fantasmic
09-07-2007, 03:56 AM
ANY park guest can pick up a treat bag, there is no age maximum or costume requirement and...

Trick or Treat at MNSSHP is worthless.

Unless you've been to the MK a jillion times recently why would anyone bother. Stand in a LONG line for a piece of way inferior candy... then repeat. Don't We spend enough time in queues at WDW?

Hallowen parade? Yes!
Haloween shows? Yes!
Halloween atmosphere? Yes!
Ride time throughout the MK? Yes!
Queue up for 4 cents worth of candy? Uh, no.

Maybe you should be queuing up for some sour grapes.

I can't wait to trick or treat in the MK

Rayadragon
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
The line you're going to face all depends on when you go.

When my brother and I went, some of the lines were "bad" (one in adventure land) and some went quickly (toon town to tommorowland actually). Although we didn't get handfuls of candy, we did get a couple of pieces at each station, and it was mostly the mini-candy bar type. I've heard the lines are better towards the very end of the party, as families with younger children will have already left. Even the longer lines weren't bad though. The worst wait of the evening was for the Pirates of the Carribean.

The biggest novelty for us was that we're a couple of big kids who had to quit trick-or-treating earlier than we would've liked :blush: It was a chance for us to relive some fond memories without getting strange looks.

garthbarth1
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM
The line you're going to face all depends on when you go.

When my brother and I went, some of the lines were "bad" (one in adventure land) and some went quickly (toon town to tommorowland actually). Although we didn't get handfuls of candy, we did get a couple of pieces at each station, and it was mostly the mini-candy bar type. I've heard the lines are better towards the very end of the party, as families with younger children will have already left. Even the longer lines weren't bad though. The worst wait of the evening was for the Pirates of the Carribean.

The biggest novelty for us was that we're a couple of big kids who had to quit trick-or-treating earlier than we would've liked :blush: It was a chance for us to relive some fond memories without getting strange looks.

I totally agree!! The 50 bucks is worth it to me just to have the opportunity to trick or treat again! Thats the part I am most excited about!!!!!

Goes4FastPass
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe you should be queuing up for some sour grapes...This response seemed a bit uncalled for. What I tried to communicate was I didn't think the actual trick ot treating was the big draw at MNSSHP.

We usually DDP and between TS desserts and snacks we usually feel like we are otherwise very 'treated' during a WDW fall vacation.

But If you want to spend you time queing for candy I'm all for it. It means fewer people in the 'mountain' queues... at night... in the dark... in costume...