PDA

View Full Version : Power Outlets

Dyanna
09-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Are there any power outlets at any of the CS locations avail that I could plug in my camcorder/camera in when the battery runs low while I stop to have something to eat.

DizneyRox
09-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't count on it. I've seen some people using the outlets in some of the shops, etc, but in general I don't think they are there for guests to use.

You best bet is to get an extra battery or two and charge them the night before.

jwallace378
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I agree. I wouldn't count on using power outlets in restaurants (CS or full service) or shops. I charge my camcorder and camera batteries every night at the resort.

TheAdventurer
09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
On one of the Disney podcasts (WDW today, I believe) they recently said that the camera center in Epcot will recharge your batteries for you while you're out in the park.

cal5755
09-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I am sure glad I came and read this post!!

You best bet is to get an extra battery or two and charge them the night before.

I would have completely forgotten to get an extra battery for my camcorder and would have been yelling at myself when the battery died in MK or Epcot I am sure!!

Mickie the Pooh
09-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I know that people on ECVs can and do use outlets to recharge if they are very low on power and Disney does not seem to have a problem with that but I can't imagine if everyone with a camcorder wanted to do it.
as stated bring extra batteries and recharge in your room.

MNNHFLTX
09-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I agree--you're best bet is to have an extra battery along in the bag. I do not recall ever seeing anyone charging their camcorder or camera batteries in the stores or restaurants.:mickey:

JPL
09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
It is true that the camera shops will charge your batteries for you. I would still keep a pare battery ready in case it dies when you really want to tape something. You cna then use the spare while the camera shop charges the main battery:thumbsup:

huzzah4
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I know this doesn't really apply to the camcorder issue, but when I bought my digital camera, I made sure that it uses AA batteries. I do use rechargeable batteries, but if they run out while I am in the parks, it is easy (if not exactly cheap) to find replacements pretty much anywhere. Proprietary batteries will be difficult if not impossible to find in the parks, and even if you do find them they will not be charged.

Another factor in getting this type of camera was that most cameras use a proprietary rechargeable battery, I have seen them as high as $50 for a single spare battery. For that amount of money, I can have 10 sets of AA's ready to go. Although I rarely need more than one set of batteries a trip, I always have at least 2 backup sets with me.

tinksmom02
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
This doesn't really have anything to do with the original question, but it reminded me of this.

My mom brought a power strip with her on our trip to WDW. She set it up in the outlet closest to the table in her room, and was able to charge her camera, laptop, phone, and lord knows what else all in one spot.

I thought that was a pretty smart move, there really aren't that many (convenient) outlets in the rooms, I don't think.

Just my two cents

kakn7294
09-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I know this doesn't really apply to the camcorder issue, but when I bought my digital camera, I made sure that it uses AA batteries. I do use rechargeable batteries, but if they run out while I am in the parks, it is easy (if not exactly cheap) to find replacements pretty much anywhere.
Just an FYI for those with cameras that use standard AA batteries. I found a rather expensive but extrememly lightweight and long-lasting set of Energizer lithium batteries that the package claims lasts 7x standard batteries. I must say that they definately work! I took around 800 pics before they died and didn't change my batteries until day 8! And with the fact that my camera takes 4 AA batteries, the weight factor was a huge difference as well. Okay, back to the regularly scheduled thread - I don't think you should use the outlets if there are even any that you can access for your camcorder batteries. I would bring a spare battery and charge when one dies or be sure to charge a single battery nightly.