PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute DDP Questions

Lacy
09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I leave tomorrow and I was so busy planning my itineraries that I forgot to ask my DDP questions. This is our first time on the dining plan.

Do you have to tell your server when they come to your table that you are are the DDP or do you tell the restaurant at the check-in podium?

I know that tips are supposed to be included in the DDP but I was wondering if it is standard to leave a tip anyway, especially with free dining.

Thanks in advance!

gardenia
09-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Don't worry, they will ask you! I got tired of answering this question because we weren't on DDP... they ask at the podium and they ask at the table.

It's not standard to tip extra but you can always tip if you feel it's deserved, or if there are out-of- pocket expenses not covered by your DDP.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
The tip included is 18%. If you usually tip more, feel free to do so!

Lacy
09-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the responses. I won't worry about tipping unless the service is above and beyond or we order additional items.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Yea, I'm usually a 20+ tipper since I've been in the food service industry, but I felt the 18% equalled out to be a pretty good tip since I would normally only order an entree but with the DDP I order an app, ent, and dessert (all more expense that I'd normally spend) so it averaged out to a much bigger tip than if I wasn't on the DDP and tipping 20+

Kairi_7378
09-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I always tell the server that I am on the dining plan. Then they can tell me exactly what I am able to get at the restaurant on the DP. (Appetizer, dessert, entree; flatbread, entree, dessert, coffee; etc.)