PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing into DVC???

r4kids
09-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Ok I am VERY new at timeshares. So bare with me, Do you need to purchase a timeshare like you would real estate? Is it through a mortgage broker? Do you qualify for a certain amount? Please explain the process. Thanks a bunch!!!

Maleficent's Dad
09-05-2007, 09:19 AM
DVC isn't exactly like other timeshares. So things may work slightly different with Disney.

If you purchase through Disney, they can (and will) handle financing for you if you'd like. From what I've read, the most recent financing options are something like a 10 year mortgage with interest rates around 10%. This actually sounds high, but is right on par for "Timeshare Financing."

Some - or I may say many - people choose to finance on their own. Whether they use equity from homes, bank loans, outside brokers, I'm not sure. DVC does make the process of using their financing VERY easy. So going through them, while it may not be the best long term financially, is probably the easiest way to go.

Your absolute BEST bet is to call DVC and speak to a sales rep. (I can give you a reference if you'd like - just let me know.) The sales rep is usually very helpful and NOT pushy at all.

Good luck! :mickey:

r4kids
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
If you don't mind sending a rep # that would be great. We are interested in buying into the DVc resorts. Thanks for your help!!

17 days!!!!!!!

Maleficent's Dad
09-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I'll send you a private message...

r4kids
09-05-2007, 09:46 AM
great, thanks!!