PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road

chick20679
09-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Opinions please,
Will we enjoy this restaurant?
Two adults, no kids. Menu looks good to us, but how is the service and atmosphere?
Thanks! :mickey:

Natazu
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
We don't care for it. It's too loud and the service is spotty at best. Some people love the place and that's fine. I just don't think it's for me.

SBETigg
09-05-2007, 06:18 AM
We had an excellent meal there with great service, and the live music after nine makes it a fun place to be. Especially if you've a bit of the Irish in ye. :gold: We also loved the gift shop.

Twinsowner
09-05-2007, 06:21 AM
If you don't mind the noise level it is a fantastic place to go. Have Fun!!!

bleukarma
09-05-2007, 08:07 AM
The food is great! The tomato soup is very yummy!!!! When I went I had good service from our waitress but we had to wait for a table for 20 minutes but when we went back there were at least 20 tables open, so I don't understand that. We were there during lunch and it wasn't crowded so we didn't have a problem with noise. :mickey:

January-2007
09-05-2007, 08:10 AM
We didn't particularly care for it. It was dark, loud, and the food was... artistic. Not our cup of tea, but some people like that sort of thing.

spinnerf
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
OK i have to say I love this place. I think the bar and restaurant is beautifuly designed, there are lots of interesting pictures on the walls. We sat at a table with an eerie picture of Bono in front of us. The food is fantastic, a really modern take on tradional irish fare ie sheppherds pie. If you get a chance to go at night the live entertainment is fun, they have an irish dancer who dances on one of the bars. The beer selction is good too, try the beer sampler. This place is loads of fun and I would reccommend it to anyone.

TheAdventurer
09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Do you have a lot of Irish places in Portland?

I can think of several places in Boston that have better Irish food and atmosphere. But that's Boston. It seems to me that in general the people who like Raglan Road the most are people who live in cities where there aren't good Irish pubs.

So, I don't know Portland, but my guess is that if Portland has a lot of good Irish pubs you go to regularily, you won't be impressed. But if going to an Irish pub is something fairly unique for you, you'll really like it.

SBETigg
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Do you have a lot of Irish places in Portland?

I can think of several places in Boston that have better Irish food and atmosphere. But that's Boston. It seems to me that in general the people who like Raglan Road the most are people who live in cities where there aren't good Irish pubs.

I disagree. We live in MA and have an abundance of Irish pubs. I found the atmosphere to be on par with Boston's best and the food to surpass most of them. I think the people who live in cities with good Irish pubs are often going to be the same ones who like Raglan Road best.

Disney5+2
09-05-2007, 03:12 PM
We had a great dinner there a year ago. We were too early for the entertainment, but enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Our service was terrific--one of the best of the trip. Hope you decide to give it a try.

chick20679
09-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all the info!
We are going to try it, since it was the only DTD restaurant we could get a ADR at for our trip in 10 days! Hopefully we'll enjoy it!