PDA

View Full Version : Can I get by with no ADR?

dinahvixen
09-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I have an ADR for Boma for our trip NEXT WEEK!!!! But I hate being locked in to a time frame. This will only be our family's second trip; what if we are having such a nice time in the evening and would rather stay at MK than run over to Boma? I really want to eat there, we didn't make it last trip, but how likely is it that if I cancel my ADR there for more flexibility, that we won't get to eat there at all? We arrive on a Weds night, our ressies are for 7 on Thurs, and we leave Sun morning. Can we just show up at a non-busy time? Thinking mid afternoon, 3ish or so.

Raye3201
09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Boma is pretty busy...if you really want to eat there, I wouldn't chance it. Make the ADR and if you're a bit late it shouldn't matter.:mickey:

illini
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
With Boma's popularity and the free dining, I wouldn't chance it. Definitely keep the ADR. You can always try calling for another time if you don't think you're going to make it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they don't open for dinner until 5pm.

illini
09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
I just looked on Info Central, and it says dinner is 5pm-10pm. I guess that could be out of date, but I doubt it. Before you try doing a walk-in at an odd hour, call for the hours of operation.

Jared
09-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Boma does indeed open for dinner at 5 p.m. A few years ago, my family booked a table for the earliest possible time to avoid the busy rush.

If you want to eat at Boma, keep your reservation. All the restaurants will be crowded because of the ongoing promotion, and Boma is one of the best and most popular eateries in Walt Disney World.

I understand Advance Dining Reservations can be constricting, but Boma is worth scheduling your day around a meal.

Spaceship Tigger
09-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Last night I attempted to change the time on our ADR at Biergarten on 9/18 and was told there was nothing available until later in the evening. On previous trips (even during free dining in '05), Biergaten was always the place that we could get into with either a last minute or no ADR. Not this time. So if Biergarten's booked, I wouldn't go anywhere near Boma this month without an ADR.

Samtastic
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Last year we went at 5 when they opened. I definately recommend going there earlier, we got everything we wanted, it was nice and fresh, and when we left the lines were so long!!

Just a heads up, I made ADRs for when Boma in January--it's going to start opening at 4:30 for dinner.

dinahvixen
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Boma had a 4:50 available on that day, surprising, but I took it! I wanted to be able to enjoy a park in the evening, now we can hit MK, swim, eat, and go to another park!