PDA

View Full Version : Epcot F&W Festival - How busy on first days?

csmith157
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
We will just barely catch the Epcot F&W festival. I would love to go sample the different kiosks. We are actually checking out on Saturday Sept 29th (the second day of the festival). We are also doing BBB and MNNSHP on Friday Sept 28th. I would have a short time to walk around on Friday morning/lunchtime (our BBB reservation is at 3:30) and I could possibly go on Saturday for a little while (we have to start driving home though sometime). My question is, how busy will it be those first 2 days, especially on Saturday? I would love to talk DH into staying an extra day, but I don't even know if we could add another day to our hotel or not. And if Saturday is going to be crazy busy, then I don't know if I want to try.

Thanks,
Connie

csmith157
09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
We are staying at the Beach Club, so we are just a short walk away.

Thanks again,
Connie

tinksmom02
09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I can't answer your question, but I'm interested in this, as well. We're actually leaving on the 28th (I know, poor planning on my part, missing 2 MNSSHPs and can only spend a few hours at F&WF), so we have even less time that you do!

I'm hoping it won't be TOO bad, we'll be there Friday morning into early afternoon (course, we also have ADR's at LeCellier, so we won't be eating too much!).

Crow
09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Im hoping not too bad as i will be there for the first weekend..(Sept 21-30) so i leave late Sunday. and i plan on eating at the booths for my meals those days
the only other time i was at F&W was Mid Oct. during the week not busy but weekend was.

Polynesian Dweller
09-04-2007, 09:55 PM
We were there for the first weekend and week last year and it wasn't bad at all. Crowds were at most moderate on the weekend and lighter during the week. The busiest we've seen it is during the golf tournament (this year early Nov.) when crowds were generally higher.

Natazu
09-05-2007, 01:17 AM
The crowd is heavier on the weekend but the beginning of the Festival is slower than the end. We've been to opening week about three years in a row with no crowd worries. The only problems with early festival days are, um, wrinkles in the system. Nothing major though.

tinksmom02
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
The only problems with early festival days are, um, wrinkles in the system. Nothing major though.

That sounds awfully ominous.