PDA

View Full Version : Funny Little Story

kakn7294
09-04-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm an RN at our local hospital. People often comment about how the full moon makes normally sane people a bit crazy. Well, it's true - last week during the full moon, I had a normally sweet but forgetful little elderly lady go completely ballistic on me. To make a long story short, she was hitting, kicking, and scratching all while calling us some pretty nasty names. Poor thing ended up in restraints all night. The funny part is this - she was awake all night and about 4 am started singing. Her song? Clang, clang, clang went the trolley! That's all she sang over and over, but it was too funny! Of course, nobody but me recognized it. Ah, good old Main Street ...

Disney Doll
09-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Sad, but funny at the same time. I think anyone who works with the public can attest to the strange effects of a full moon has on people's behavior. DH who works retail would say that holidays bring out the crazies too. He had some very "special" customers yesterday.

SgtTigger
09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
People often comment about how the full moon makes normally sane people a bit crazy. Well, it's true -

Yes.... Yes it is............

true true true.....

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyDudet
09-04-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm an RN at our local hospital. People often comment about how the full moon makes normally sane people a bit crazy. Well, it's true - last week during the full moon, I had a normally sweet but forgetful little elderly lady go completely ballistic on me. To make a long story short, she was hitting, kicking, and scratching all while calling us some pretty nasty names. Poor thing ended up in restraints all night. The funny part is this - she was awake all night and about 4 am started singing. Her song? Clang, clang, clang went the trolley! That's all she sang over and over, but it was too funny! Of course, nobody but me recognized it. Ah, good old Main Street ...

HAHA!! We had a few crazy ones last week too! We had a man who would cry like a little girl to no one. I also had a man who would through his soiled paper towels all over the room!

Even though it wasn't last week, I had a patient tell me I was full of "Witch's Words!" and eventually to "Drop Dead". Let me tell you... she looked like she could be a witch!

I didn't know I had it in me!

Now, if only someone could sing "Clang Clang Clang went the Trolley" for me, minus the hitting!

mrsgaribaldi
09-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Yes, when the moon is full we have alot of kooky people in the ER:mickey:
Plenty of them sing to but never that song:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
09-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Kathy, that is too cute. I totally hear what your saying. I see so many people in the ER with the sillies on the full moon. Unfortunately, my patient wasn't signing, he was flinging............things. I'll just leave it at that.

DisneyDudet
09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Kathy, that is too cute. I totally hear what your saying. I see so many people in the ER with the sillies on the full moon. Unfortunately, my patient wasn't signing, he was flinging............things. I'll just leave it at that.

Oh my gosh, my greatest fear!!!! On our psych clinicals, I admitted that was my fear for the semester. They looked at me like I was crazy!!

disneydeb
09-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I teach and we can tell when there is a change in the weather or if there is a full moon! Not just the kids it is some of the parents too. We are all affected by the full moon.:D

iheartmickey
09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
It's so weird that you brought this up. We were just talking about it at work (I work in retail). Our District Manager has had the weirdest customer complaints. A customer called and complained that a store manager was threatening the customers life and then cut his own finger off an put it in the customers bag. I think the customer was just a little crazy! If you make a complaint like that you better have the evidence to back it up ... like the chopped off finger! LOL!

Retail really sees the normal go crazy during a full moon ... or is it the crazy people come out more during the full moon?

BTW ... I'd much rather deal with crazy irrational complaints than 'singing and flinging'! LOL!