PDA

View Full Version : Fun rainy Disney Day at home...

McGoofy
09-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I am pretty sure that this is what will send me over the edge as qualifying for Disney AA now...;)

On Friday, when DH and I picked our DS9 up from school, it was pouring down rain.:rain: We knew we were going to be stuck indoors for the rest of the day. When he got in the car, I told him that it was officially "Disney Day." (At first that was kind of cruel because he thought we were making a surprise weekend trip down to Disney. Unfortunately, we weren't, but he still got excited about what I told him anyway.) I told him that he had to change into his favorite Disney t-shirt when he got home. For dinner, I made his favorite Disney meal...so easy. I picked up chicken strips from the deli at our grocery store, and a box of frozen Stouffers mac & cheese (that's the brand Disney uses and for that one reason it is my son's favorite), carrot sticks, and grapes. Repeat Disney guests recognize that kid's meal? :D From past trips, we saved a few of those black Mickey head plastic kids plates. I put his dinner in that. After dinner, we played some Disney games like Disney Scene-It, Disney Magic Kingdom Game, Disney Haunted Mansion Clue, etc... Oddly enough, we finished our game at exactly 9:00pm. Couldn't have planned that timing. I said, "You know what is going on at Epcot right now?" Of course he said, "Illuminations.":fworks: So since we didn't have thousands of dollars worth of fireworks to shoot off ;), we just watched some of our Disney home videos of when we did see the fireworks. Oh, and for dessert, I popped in some Nestle chocolate chip cookies in the oven. That's what DS always likes to get at the Main Street Bakery. We had such a fun night. It was great indoor activity for a rainy evening.

gueli
09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
What a fantastic way to spend a night. You are a very special parent...
:mickey:

magicman
09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
AWESOME idea.

(Parents like you make the rest of us look bad.;) However, at least you're kind enough to let us in on the tricks so we can emulate you.:mickey:)

MMouse6937
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
That was so cool, what a fun way to spend a rainy day with your little one. What a sweet parent you are. I wish my DH would do that for me!! :D :mickey:

January-2007
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
That is the coolest! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
What a great idea! I will have to copy it when my girls get older.

TikiG