PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP treat bag ?

Dyanna
09-04-2007, 12:01 PM
MY DD was wanting to know if she would need to bring an additional Halloween treat bag with her to full up with candy once the bag they hand out gets full. This is her 1st time going as well as the rest of us & she does everything she can to get the most candy even when home. She was also wanting to know what kinds of candy she can except to get. She does not like cherry flavored items as she always gives this away first.

DisneyDudet
09-04-2007, 12:18 PM
I do believe that if you aren't doing any treating.. that you can give her your bags or one of your bags. I've seen pictures of people who have brought their own bags to the parks, but to me, thats something else to carry!

I haven't been, but plan on going in October. I don't know what kind of candy they have, but I'm sure something cherry will be in there, but probably not everything!

Quasimodo
09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Every person in your party (including adults) will receive a small treat bag at the gate. The CMs at the Trick or Treat stations will put candy in everyone's bag. So you could just give your DD your bag at the end of the night. Also, they do sell Mickey Head Jack-O-Lantern Trick Or Treat buckets in some of the gift shops. We bought one in Merchants of Venus in Tomorrow Land one year. You could buy one of those if you wanted something bigger.

As far as the type of candy goes, I can't remember everything they give out, but I do remember there being a lot of Snickers.

CleveSJM
09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
You can bring your own bag. They will give you extra Disney size bags if you fill your first one up. We kept forgeting the little bags on rides and would get a replacement at the next station.

Last October, we noticed a mix of mini chocolate candy bars and hard "pure sugar" candies. A pretty good mix and not much cherry flavored that I recall.

mook3y
09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Also, when you are leaving the park, there is a "chocolate trough" (spelling?). It is near the center of the gates on the outside of the park.

They had a huge bin of mini chocolate bars. They topped off our kids bags.

Momof2boys
09-04-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't remember if it was last year or the year before but we had TONS of white Laffy Taffy.

mickey&missy
09-04-2007, 02:56 PM
They'll give you another bag if your fills up. They have a lot of candy! I can't really remember anything cherry flavored. Lots of tootsie rolls, DH's favorite!

McGoofy
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Everybody who is in your party will get TONS of candy. We have been to 2 MNSSHP's and the bags that we have gotten in the past were orange with black handles and the size of a medium sized gift bag. All of our bags were full to the top when we left. That was more than enough candy for 2 adults and one child!

Let's not forget that Nestle is a major Disney sponsor! There were lots of minature chocolate candy bars such as Nestle Crunch, Butterfingers, Baby Ruth, etc... There were also things like Nerds, Laffy Taffy, etc. But I liked the fact that there were LOTS of chocolate candy bars!!! :mickey:

Catwillow
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Instead of using a bag, do you think it would be okay to use a black plastic cauldron?? It's med size and I'm going to run a purple ribbon for the handle to match my Maleficient Costume!! What do you think??

sainter
09-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Catwillow, I think that would be just fine. I remember a few people having "something" that went with their costumes and doubled as a candy container. Maybe a plastic bag inside to line the cauldron that could be closed would be a good idea if you plan on going on any rides.

PeterPanFan
09-05-2007, 08:39 AM
ok we were last year and will be at the halloween party in 15 days.

we have 3 kids. we used the bags they give you. we had so much candy we had to give it away on halloween.

you will be able to get so much youll get sick. i told ours that this year lets take it easy and not take as much. but if its candy you want youll have enough to last a LONG time.:sick:

Most of the candy is small bars and hard candy.

Fantasmic
09-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm drooling at the thought of all the candy (sweets :P) I'll be getting on the 14th!!!!

BriarRose0708
09-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I second that, Fantasmic.

With all the new airline guidelines (I rarely fly so I can't remember them) can we bring food into the airport in carryons? Or will I have to check it in my luggage? I don't want to have to throw any of it away at security check. Thanks!

Fantasmic
09-05-2007, 11:00 AM
The candy will not get a chance to go back to England on the plane with me, I will have scoffed it all!

MushuGrl
09-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Briar Rose, I don't think it'll be a problem if you can fit it in your carry on- I'm meeting a friend there that I always pack at least two packages of bite-size Clark bars for because they don't sell them in his area. Last time I went to see him was when they were cracking down on liquids and nothing was said.

I'll be there on the 14th too, Fantasmic! It'll be my first MNSSHP! Just look for the two women in Maleficent shirts, prolly bawling cause it'll be our last night at DW. :blush:

McGoofy
09-05-2007, 01:04 PM
With all the new airline guidelines (I rarely fly so I can't remember them) can we bring food into the airport in carryons? Or will I have to check it in my luggage? I don't want to have to throw any of it away at security check. Thanks!

Yes, I just flew back in July (and no, it wasn't to Disney :() You can bring snacks on the airplane, but not anything liquid. Don't worry you won't have to throw that Disney candy away--unless you have so much and end up doing what I do and throwing it away in December when it is being overtaken by Christmas candy at your house!!:sick:

BriarRose0708
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes, I just flew back in July (and no, it wasn't to Disney :() You can bring snacks on the airplane, but not anything liquid. Don't worry you won't have to throw that Disney candy away--unless you have so much and end up doing what I do and throwing it away in December when it is being overtaken by Christmas candy at your house!!:sick:

Thanks Mushu and McGoofy! I work with college students for a living and they're all about the free candy. Anything I don't keep for my private stash is going in my office and I don't think it will be around to see November!

Noah's Helper
09-05-2007, 11:07 PM
We've been to MNSSHP twice, and I wouldn't say that we received bags full of candy, or that CMs were handing it out by the handful, although we did receive plenty. You can get see how much my daughter has in her bag in this picture (http://home.hiwaay.net/~btdarby/wdw_2005/mnsshp/pages/n051011_1076.html). We didn't concentrate on collecting candy, though; there's too much other fun stuff to do.

I say this not to complain, or to dispute anyone else's experience, but just to let folks know that the experience can vary, and to not set their expectations too high.

The party is a blast! :thumbsup: I hope everyone going this year has a great time; it'll be at least 2009 before I get to go again. :( :cry: :fit:

McGoofy
09-07-2007, 03:38 AM
We've been to MNSSHP twice, and I wouldn't say that we received bags full of candy, or that CMs were handing it out by the handful, although we did receive plenty. You can get see how much my daughter has in her bag in this picture (http://home.hiwaay.net/~btdarby/wdw_2005/mnsshp/pages/n051011_1076.html). We didn't concentrate on collecting candy, though; there's too much other fun stuff to do.

I say this not to complain, or to dispute anyone else's experience, but just to let folks know that the experience can vary, and to not set their expectations too high.

The party is a blast! :thumbsup: I hope everyone going this year has a great time; it'll be at least 2009 before I get to go again. :( :cry: :fit:

Just wondering...did you stay until midnight? Both times we went that very same bag was packed full, but we did stay until the very end. We weren't concentrating on candy either, but toward the end of the night is when the CMs became more generous and were handing it out by the handfuls.

Noah's Helper
09-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Just wondering...did you stay until midnight? Both times we went that very same bag was packed full, but we did stay until the very end. We weren't concentrating on candy either, but toward the end of the night is when the CMs became more generous and were handing it out by the handfuls.

We were there until almost midnight, but we probably stopped trick-or-treating before then. Next time we'll have to make a point of stopping by a few stations on the way out.

crltkcagle
09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
we will be at the halloween party in 5 days. i went to the dollar store and picked up this treat bags that the kids can wear on their shoulders. they are cute too!

garthbarth1
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Have fun at the Halloween party! We are going on the 28th and I am so excited I cant stand it!