PDA

View Full Version : upgrade

LADY DI
09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
How do you get a free upgrade from value to moderate accomodations? Any tricks. We are 4 adults and the value rooms might be a bit tight. If we can't get it for free it would be awesome. If we had to pay, how much more would it cost for 7 nights? Leaving in less than 2 days.

carley
09-03-2007, 06:26 PM
i could be wrong but i would be real surprized if you got a FREE upgrade from a value to a moderate.... if it were me id call and ask what the price difference was and just pay it. you leave soon so i wouldnt wait too long to call

have a great vacation

LynneM
09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Not going to happen. Upgrades to another resort class are extraordinarily rare. The only recent example I'm aware of is that Disney moved some value guests to DVC resorts during free dining, to free up some rooms at the values, and probably also to promote DVC. This is no longer happening, they moved everyone they're going to move.

The chances of your being offered a free upgrade to a moderate at check-in are pretty much non-existent. You can ask what it would cost to move to a moderate and see what they can do for you, but we're in the free dining period now and availability at the moderates is probably going to be tight.

mttafire
09-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Not going to happen. Upgrades to another resort class are extraordinarily rare. The only recent example I'm aware of is that Disney moved some value guests to DVC resorts during free dining, to free up some rooms at the values, and probably also to promote DVC. This is no longer happening, they moved everyone they're going to move.

The chances of your being offered a free upgrade to a moderate at check-in are pretty much non-existent. You can ask what it would cost to move to a moderate and see what they can do for you, but we're in the free dining period now and availability at the moderates is probably going to be tight.

Agreed. You most certainly can ask..BUT....

Polynesian Dweller
09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
This is one time I wouldn't advise asking. This really is beyond what can be reasonably expected. This kind of upgrade is always about being willing to pay for it.

Strmchsr
09-03-2007, 07:47 PM
A free upgrade to a preferred room at any resort has become pretty rare (and if you ask you have to pay). I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of being upgraded by a resort class. Why would WDW even consider that?

mousetrapper
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
We got a free upgrade from a garden view to a Magic Kingdom view at the Poly in 2001, but I think one of the reasons was because we were there at a very low attendance period (early November).

Not sure if that's possible any more, but worth a try...we're going to try to upgrade when we check in this year, and that's during Thanksgiving week! I know, aren't we bold?!?

:blush:

But being upgraded from a value to a moderate...that's something I never heard. And I wonder if the Cast Member at the value resort check-in would even have the authority to upgrade and send someone over to a moderate? (or moderate to a deluxe)

Unless there were extenuating circumstances, such as there were "no more rooms at the inn" so to speak and the only option was to move you to another hotel...but even then, another value would make sense.

Never say never, though!

:)

TammiMcMan
09-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Any tricks.Yup, the trick is to book something you'll be happy with, because most of the time, that's exactly what you'll get. Upgrades to another resort category are very rare and only done if there's been an overbooking or some type of maintenance issue.

If we had to pay, how much more would it cost for 7 nights?I have no idea if you have a package or room only, but rack rate for a standard is $82 per night at this time of the year. Your also being charged an additional $20 per night for having the other 2 adults in the same room. If you upgraded to a moderate, they're currently $145 per night for a standard, plus $30 more per night for the extra adults. If my calculations are correct, the difference comes out to be $73 plus tax, per night.

LADY DI
09-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I was dreaming. I hope I didn't sound greedy and I apologize if I offended anyone. Maybe one day I will be able to afford a Moderate or Deluxe, until then at least we're going.

Polynesian Dweller
09-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I was dreaming. I hope I didn't sound greedy and I apologize if I offended anyone. Maybe one day I will be able to afford a Moderate or Deluxe, until then at least we're going.
I wouldn't worry about it. This is a good group on this board. I just took it that you were asking for info and any question is a good one. So I don't think you need to worry about offending anyone.

Have a great trip!!:mickey:

LynneM
09-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm sure no one's been offended, not to worry! :D

garymacd
09-04-2007, 10:42 AM
How do you get a free upgrade from value to moderate accomodations? Any tricks. We are 4 adults and the value rooms might be a bit tight. If we can't get it for free it would be awesome. If we had to pay, how much more would it cost for 7 nights? Leaving in less than 2 days.

How about praying for a hurricane to blow down all the value resorts the day before you arrive? :plot:

Good luck.

Oooh, I think I just jinxed myself. I am arriving in 14 days and in the middle of hurricane season. Maybe one will blow CB off the map and I will get upgraded to WL or GF!

:funny:

Tinkitude
09-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Scarey thought and so not funny.:(

Mickie the Pooh
09-05-2007, 11:08 AM
The only chance of this I could see is if your room is really awful, as in totally unacceptable, and they have no open rooms at the resort, then they might comp you to a higher grade resort.
But that's about it.

kaytieeldr
09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
But even IF that happened, they'd probably first try to find you a room at another Value resort.

benny
09-06-2007, 05:17 PM
We were in WDW January this year and was upgraded from POP to POFQ because of a mistake by our travel agent. When we went to book in at POFQ they ask if we would mind being transferred to AKL (a deluxe!). We couldn't believe our luck, paying for a value and ending up in a deluxe which was absolutely gorgeous and amazing!

Have an awesome trip where ever you stay - make the most of it. We have stayed at POP and we thought it was great as well.

Jenny

TennesseeTink
09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
We were in WDW January this year and was upgraded from POP to POFQ because of a mistake by our travel agent. When we went to book in at POFQ they ask if we would mind being transferred to AKL (a deluxe!). We couldn't believe our luck, paying for a value and ending up in a deluxe which was absolutely gorgeous and amazing!

Have an awesome trip where ever you stay - make the most of it. We have stayed at POP and we thought it was great as well.

Jenny

Luck?!? Are you kidding?!? You just gave everyone on this site something to dream about...paying for a value and getting a Deluxe!! AWESOME!!!

vamaggie
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
We couldn't believe our luck, paying for a value and ending up in a deluxe which was absolutely gorgeous and amazing!
Jenny

Proving that (at WDW at least sometimes) "Dreams really can come true!!!" Good for you!!!:thumbsup:

benny
09-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Proving that (at WDW at least sometimes) "Dreams really can come true!!!" Good for you!!!:thumbsup:

What a wonderful thing to say - you are absolutely right and have made my day! (Its 1.25pm in New Zealand).

Jenny

PAMOUSELOVER
09-07-2007, 12:15 PM
I just wrote a letter yesterday to complain about the fact that I booked a preferred location at CBR and was placed in Trinidad north building 31, and had a view of the parking lot. Many guests had been up graded to preferred locations and did not pay for it.
I over heard someone on the bus our first night
talking. We then ran into two different families from our area at CBR.:here: Both did not pay and were located in Martinique with great views.
Has anyone requested money back before because of this?
I feel like if you pay for a preferred location, they should holed the nicest spot for you.

kaytieeldr
09-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I just wrote a letter yesterday to complain about the fact that I booked a preferred location at CBR and was placed in Trinidad north building 31, and had a view of the parking lot. Many guests had been up graded to preferred locations and did not pay for it.
I over heard someone on the bus our first night
talking. We then ran into two different families from our area at CBR.:here: Both did not pay and were located in Martinique with great views.
Has anyone requested money back before because of this?
I feel like if you pay for a preferred location, they should holed the nicest spot for you.
But at CBR you can pay for a Water View OR for a Preferred Location, i.e. Village. Trinidad North, being adjacent to Old Port Royale, IS a Preferred Location. You got what you paid for.