PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Motorhome

vetboy
09-03-2007, 03:38 PM
We have travelled to FW from Canada for the last couple of years in a motorhome. We generally go early Jan and will be doing so again this year. Last year, the motorhome got quite dirty (salt and road grime) driving through Canada and the snowy states along the I-75. Having a dirty motorhome parked in FW is a bit of a pain since accessing the storage always leaves the hands grimy.

I'm wondering if any other MH folks can recommend a place to have the MH cleaned before arriving in FW. Somewhere relativley easy to access along I-75 in Georgia or somewhere in Florida would be ideal. It wouldn't have to be much - even a power sprayer to remove the salt would do.

I imagine this must be common in Florida given the number of MHs.

Thanks in Advance
Joe

faline
09-03-2007, 05:49 PM
You might try googling "car washes for trucks orlando". I found some options that way.

I'd also suggest checking with your RV dealer to see if he/she knows where you could get your RV washed upon arrival in the Orlando area.

Also, are you a Good Sam member? They might be a good resource for you as well in obtaining information on where you might get this service.

SgtTigger
09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I would think that a truck stop would have a truck wash you could run through........

Now where do I remember seeing a truck stop along I-75

:cop: :tigger:

Disney Donnie
09-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Check with Petro Truck stops web site,they have a truck and rv wash called blue beacon.:mickey:

WDWdriver
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
There aren't many car washes in the Orlando area that can accommodate motor homes. One that I know of is on Highway 192 east of Disney. It is across the street from Camping World.

#1donaldfan
09-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Just being funny.... when I saw this post I first thought of Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation....not that yours would be like that, I just thought of a motor home driving into FW old and falling apart....I just about laughed myself crazy....I just had to say something.....sorry I didn't have a legitamate answer.....have a great vacation....