PDA

View Full Version : Do CMs take pictures for you?

pwdebbie
09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I was thinking about PhotoPass but now I am not so sure.

If we have our own camera, will CMs take pictures for us? Since it is only the two of us going, the only way we can both be in a shot is for someone else to take the picture.

We actually aren't much for using cameras at all, so I am buying a few disposables for our trip.

Deb

mook3y
09-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, they will take pictures for you with your own camera, no problem. Have many great pictures thanks to them!

Darbylew
09-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes, the CM will take pictures for you. It is
great because everyone can be in the picture.
They are always happy to do it for you. :mickey:

Medland
09-03-2007, 04:20 PM
On several occasions Dan and I got professional photos put on the photo pass and then asked the photographer if he/she would take one with our camera (if they didn't have a line of others waiting). They agreed to in every case. We also had waiters and waitresses and random CM's all around the parks take our picture for us when we were on our honeymoon.

mttafire
09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, the CM will take pictures for you. It is
great because everyone can be in the picture.
They are always happy to do it for you. :mickey:

Yep. :thumbsup:

Stan
09-03-2007, 04:46 PM
In fact, if you stand around looking helpless at a photo spot (taking each other's pics and "trying to figure out the self timer" :rotfl:) there's a pretty good chance a random stranger (like me) walking by will ask, "Want to be in your own photo?" and do it for you. I've always enjoyed doing that, as do lots of others. I'm sure there must have been some cameras stolen that way, but I think that risk is pretty low- esp with a disposable. :D

On at least one occasion I've asked that question, the photographer has said, "No, I'm not with them, I'm just taking their picture." :)

mickey&missy
09-03-2007, 08:54 PM
We actually had the experience of a photopass photographer, at Character Connection in Epcot, asking if we wanted him to take pics with our camera too!

#1donaldfan
09-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Sure they will.......that's what they are there for...to help you in many ways....so .. :):):)

Tigger70
09-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I was thinking about PhotoPass but now I am not so sure.

If we have our own camera, will CMs take pictures for us? Since it is only the two of us going, the only way we can both be in a shot is for someone else to take the picture.

DW and I always ask CM's to take our picture. Most of them turn out great. PhotoPass is great as well. Some of the more seasoned photographers are very creative and do a great job of including things like Cinderella's castle, Spaceship Earth or Mickey's hat at MGM. You aren't obligated to purchase anything but you may like what you see and decide to buy some memories. The other nice feature is that they can add borders and other graphics/icons to the picture as well as the park and year.

:photo:

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 10:29 PM
We've always asked a Photopass CM to take our picture with our camera as well as their's. If there was a long line, we'd trust the CM's ability to take the picture.

Often people have come up to us asking if we wanted all of us in the picture. CM's have asked as well. I am famous for taking my own picture of myself and something, and when people see me look so silly doing it, they ask if they can take my picture, but I always say no thanks because its a tradition!!

Lacy
09-03-2007, 11:55 PM
That was probably the question that I got asked most often when I worked at the Studios on the college program. I never minded taking pictures for guests and would often ask people if they wanted me to take their picture when I saw them taking pictures of each other. So yes, most CMs are more than happy to take your picture.

Have a great trip.

TheRustyScupper
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
1) Hardly ever will a CM refuse to take your picture.
2) Most are happy they can help.
3) Just show them the shutter button.
4) Since cameras are so different these days.
5) But, you can now go an extra mile.
6) Take one of them!
7) It is a nice touch, that takes little time.
8) It really does make the CM's day!

Figgyluv03
09-04-2007, 12:33 PM
All CM are suppose to take your picture if you ask. The only ones that aren't allowed to are the lifeguards on duty and the characters themselves, unless of course they take your camera from them like some of them like to do.

pixiesmimi
09-04-2007, 06:19 PM
A lot of the CMs took pictures of us with their camera and ours and we were never refused. Actually, some on my camera were better than theirs. We had so many other people stop and asked if we both wanted to be in the picture when they saw there was just two of us and we were wearing our anniversary buttons. :) This was nice since I am the photographer in the family and am hardly ever in any of the family pictures.

pwdebbie
09-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Once again, thanks to all you wonderful people who are helping me get prepared for my trip. I am definitely going to skip the PhotoPass (I can see dh getting antsy because I'm searching for a PhotoPass person) and just go with a couple of disposable cameras for our trip.

Deb

McGoofy
09-05-2007, 12:33 AM
On all of our many trips we have gotten the CM's to take our picture at the same time that they are taking pics for the photopass. We have some of the best pictures on our personal camera that they have taken. Back in May was the first and only time that we have ever been told "no." We were taking pics in front of Spaceship Earth at the entrance to EPCOT. There were very few people around so no line to speak of. We gave him our photopass and also asked if he minded taking a shot on our personal camera. He responded with "no, I am not allowed." I highly doubt this is true since every other CM that we have ever asked has said "yes." I'm guessing that he just didn't want to.:(

pixiesmimi
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
We came across a couple like that too that didn't want to do something that everyone else was doing.

I would go for the photopass anyway, if I were you. They are free and just go for one when you see one without hunting for them. Then if you decide not to get them, you aren't out anything and you can also see if they will take your picture with your camera so you will have one anyway in that spot.

RocknRoller94
09-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes. The CMs do take Pictures. I would let them do it anyway because sometimes, your picture may turn out online with a special guest with you.(Once, when the CM told us to hold a hat for the picture and look surprised, man, were we surprised when we later got on the internet. Stitch had popped out of the hat.)

Stan
09-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I am the photographer in the family and am hardly ever in any of the family pictures.

Believe me I know how that goes. 100 trays of slides from 1979-1995 and I'm in maybe 10 pictures. :sad: :sob: :cry: