PDA

View Full Version : craft thing at epcot

scootch713
09-03-2007, 12:36 PM
ok, have never done world showcase.... do the kids need to buy something to the craft at each country?? Is there a special sign or something showing that this is where you do the craft??? hahah... what exactly is the craft thing called???(can you tell i don't know what I am talking about, lol).....

thanks.

KAJUNKING
09-03-2007, 12:45 PM
they are called kidcot stations and it doesnt cost anything, and there are signs in each country to tell you were they are, they are on the map as well, just go to the first country and they will give them a mask and then in each country they can work on thier mask and the cm will stamp the handle of the mask and some will write your childs name in thier language on the back of the mask, once they get the last stamp the cm will give them a poster, my kids really enjoyed it and it gave us a chance to slow down and take our time walking through the countries and enjoy a :beer: while the kids worked on thier masks :mickey:

McGoofy
09-03-2007, 03:26 PM
:ditto: what the above poster said. Also, some of the Kidcot stops are sort of hidden in the various contries, so it became a great little hide and seek game for DS to find the Kidcot tables.

One more thing...it is not just the World Showcase now. Future World offers a necklace with a tag that the kids can attatch various crafts to from stations throughout Future World.

scootch713
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
thanks much!

RocknRoller94
09-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Kidcot Fun Stops are free and have stations at each country, but the lines can get pretty long and it could take the better part of the day.:shake:

ShelbyAD
09-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Are the crafts just for kids or can adults do them too?

GrmGrninGost
09-07-2007, 11:05 PM
My DW did one once. No one told her no! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Our kids didn't care much for Kidcot...they would rather do rides or something else.....actually, the crafts were kinda "cheesy", maybe if they would have been something better it would have kept their interest.....from what I saw of it, the "crafts" we only paper cut-outs they could color, nothing you could display on a mantle piece....

DANAM
09-10-2007, 08:55 PM
I "assume" that it takes up a good bit of time to do the crafts. I have two small children so we could be stuck in China for a while. I also heard there is a passpost that you can buy and have stamped. This seems like a better option for me with the two little ones. Anyone have any other information about where to buy this passport? and what you do with it? Also do you have to buy the landyard type thing someone else mentioned?
:tink:

tinksmom02
09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
DANAM, the passport can be purchased in many of the gift shops in WS, if not all of Epcot. We got it in the first shop in WS, near Norway and Mexico. It was $10, and comes with stickers for each country, which can keep littles occupied while in the stroller.

SgtTigger
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
The crafts are just markers to color with they have them at every stop. A cast member will stamp the stick and ask your child's name. Then they will attach a symbol from that country to the ring on the mask.... from there they color and move on to the next stop....

Both my nieces love to make the masks.... Last June me and the 5 year old did most of the countries by our self and had a great time. I got to relax while she did her thing and then we walk on to the next stop.....

:cop: :tigger: