PDA

View Full Version : What's next?!

Disney Crazy
09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
My DH,DD and I were at WDW in July and are very interested in the DVC. When we went through the presentation, we were told that Saratoga would no longer be sold after the end of 2007 and in 2008 only AKL would be available. Does anyone know if Saratoga is still available? Also, any ideas on what resort is next after AKL?:confused:

SBETigg
09-03-2007, 01:07 PM
The speculation is that they're building new DVC at the Contemporary Resort but I don't think that has been officially confirmed. Building is going on there now.

DVC Mike
09-03-2007, 03:22 PM
The next DVC resort is likely to be in California at the Disneyland resort (GCV?), followed by another WDW resort (CRV?).

Once SSR "sells out", DVC still has points they can sell you for resorts other than AKV. You can buy in OKW, BWV, etc., assuming they have the points available. Disney picks up these points when they exercise their right of first refusal (ROFR) on resales.

Of course, a BWV contract expires well before an AKV contract.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I recently bought into SSR..... In WDW, I believe Contemporary will be next, but nothing will be announced for a while... Or until AKL is finished getting converted over.... I hear Hawaii is going to get a DVC resort as well....

mook3y
09-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I recently bought into SSR..... In WDW, I believe Contemporary will be next, but nothing will be announced for a while... Or until AKL is finished getting converted over.... I hear Hawaii is going to get a DVC resort as well....

I would love to see one in Hawaii!!! :cloud9:

Tinkermom
09-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, as you can see everyone has their own idea of where the next DVC resort will be. Right now there are only rumors. We will just have to wait and see what is to come after Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas.

My hope is for the Contemporary rumor.;)

Horizon93
09-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Reports are that permits have been filed for the GCV and CRV that DVCMike refers to. There is definitely construction going on at the former site of the North Garden Wing of the Contemporary. The early construction seems to be in line with speculation that the building will be a semi-circular tower.

JMTStone
09-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I'd happily trade my SSR points for AKL. I love that resort!!!! 2 months after I bought SSR, I got a notice about AKL and boy was I a bit sore!!!! If I waited, I would have been an AKL home resort. I've never even been to SSR. Silly me!

Ian
09-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Hmmm ... a DVC in Hawaii? I could go for that!