PDA

View Full Version : Rude Soarin' CM

DisFan01
09-03-2007, 12:23 PM
My family and I were at Soarin' on Saturday. Because we don't like to see people's feet in front of us, we always request row #1. We asked the Soarin' CM if we could sit in row 1. These are her exact words: "We no longer take any requests. You get what you get. You have row #2." I thought she could at least apologize or something. :( I am sure this is a rare experience... :confused:

KAJUNKING
09-03-2007, 12:32 PM
im sure the rude cm is the exception not the rule, ive never encountered a rude cm, some are not as nice as others but never rude, you probably should have reported it and saved someone else from being treated badly

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Rude CMs seem to be the norm lately.... My friend just got back and he told me he encounted several rude CMs.... Also, I am dealing with major issues regarding my DVC purchase, and everyone I speak too has done nothing to help make sure the process goes smooth.. In fact, they continue to screw up, but then, when called and questioned, they give an attitude and basically tell me I am the one who is messing up... Yet, they continue to lose my paper work, or forget to give me the proper documents to sign...

I am sorry you encountered a rude CM... Always complain about it... Because rudeness is not the Disney way....

SBETigg
09-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I just got back and didn't encounter any rude CMs thank goodness. But I have to say that while the rudeness is inexcusable, the CMs must get barraged with the same requests all day long and it could be hard to stay cheerful. Everyone wants the best seats and that ride still has consistently long lines. Too bad the CM couldn't have been more pleasant about it, though.

LudwigVonDrake
09-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I had a rude CM loading Everest in July. She didn't like the fact I didn't answer her question right away because I repeated to her what the initial CM told me. I told her to lighten up and went to my row. Most CMs were nice and easy to talk to.

TinkerbellFan16
09-03-2007, 02:08 PM
on BTMR, i always request the back and sometimes i have to wait an extra cycle but they let me. i think its the heat that has the made the CMs cranky lately.

MinnieMommie
09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm sorry the CM seemed rude to you. Sometimes when it is hard for people to say no they can be blunt. Sounds as if you were able to get beyond the CM's language and not being able to sit in your favorite row. I hope you were comfortable where you were seated. :mickey:

mttafire
09-03-2007, 02:39 PM
My family and I were at Soarin' on Saturday. Because we don't like to see people's feet in front of us, we always request row #1. We asked the Soarin' CM if we could sit in row 1. These are her exact words: "We no longer take any requests. You get what you get. You have row #2." I thought she could at least apologize or something. :( I am sure this is a rare experience... :confused:
Hmm, I dont find this rude. :confused:

pwdebbie
09-03-2007, 02:46 PM
I hope that this isn't true (not being able to request a particular row) because I've been told to ask for Row 3 to lessen the possibility that my dh will have equilibrium problems.

Deb
(leaving here, 4 weeks from yesterday,
arriving there, 4 weeks from tomorrow
POFQ, first time to Disney for dh, and
I haven't been there since the year it
opened.)

Jared
09-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I agree. Was the Cast Member's tone a problem? What she said seems completely appropriate if the content is correct. I didn't know guests could no longer make requests on Soarin'.

disneymom2000
09-03-2007, 03:14 PM

I didn't see anything rude about this either. No one likes to look at an obstruction during a ride and everyone tries to get the best seat. The could cut the seats down to one row and have exceedingly large lines and no obstructions but I am sure they would have more irritated people than they do now complaining due to the long lines. I have ridden this ride 5 times and have never gotten seated in the first row, and I haven't found dangling feet a problem at all. I just enjoy the ride.
:spoiler:

pixiesmimi
09-03-2007, 03:23 PM
We were pretty lucky on our trip this time and didn't really run into any rude CMs except maybe some of the photographers. Maybe the sun and heat were getting to them. But I did run into a lot of CMs that I couldn't understand and they couldn't understand me. At DTD I had a problem with a CM at Team Mickey (are they called CMs at DTD?). There was a guy with a problem that was holding up the check out line and after waiting quiet a while, a lady came over and opened another check out line. The guy in front of me moved over and I moved over after him. After the CM waited on him, I walked up and someone walked up who had not been waiting in line and I made sure to put my purchases down on the counter so she would know I was next. She turned to me very rudely and said that I would have to go wait in line for my turn. Then she directed the other people to the first line. I told her that I was next after the guy in front of me and she said "Are you sure?" I told her, of course I was sure. I didn't get testy with her but was very offended with her attitude just because others were trying to break in line around me. On top of that she was very hard to understand and I had to ask her several times what she said (which I'm sure didn't make her any happier). I told my DH as we walked out and said it loud enough that she could hear me about her rudeness.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I do... We don't know the tone of the CMs voice.... The CM could have simply said "we no longer take requests.. Row 2 please..." and be done... Instead they add "you get what you get" in other words... TOUGH TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT... That is not the way CMs should be answering people... I am telling you, rudeness is starting to run rampant in Disney....

Mandykay
09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I didn't find the CM's comment rude, either (now depending on the tone I might change my mind). With there not being much room in the waiting areas at Soarin' I'm not surprised that they're not taking requests anymore.

Altair
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
The common denominator in most of these rude CM threads seems to be: Guest does not get what he/she wants so CM was rude. Welcome to the real world.:drill:

mttafire
09-03-2007, 03:47 PM
The common denominator in most of these rude CM threads seems to be: Guest does not get what he/she wants so CM was rude. Welcome to the real world.:drill:
Holy cow....Agreed 110%!!:thumbsup:

Stu29573
09-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Nope, I don't see the rudeness here...but I wasn't there, so I really can't judge. Quite a bit can be communicated through tone and/or body language.....:mickey:

Darbylew
09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
We had a rude CM at Soarin as well and for the
same reason. She told us there was no front
row as they were all the same. I will try again
the next time I am there for the front row and
see what happens this time.

A Big Kid
09-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Just because someone tells you what you did not want to hear does not make them "rude."

mrsgaribaldi
09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I do... We don't know the tone of the CMs voice.... The CM could have simply said "we no longer take requests.. Row 2 please..." and be done... Instead they add "you get what you get" in other words... TOUGH TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT... That is not the way CMs should be answering people... I am telling you, rudeness is starting to run rampant in Disney....

It definitely depends on how it was said to the OP. I could say it and be rude or nice. Sorry that you had this experience.
As for "rudeness is starting to run rampant in Disney..." I disagree 100%, thankfully. We go 3-4 times a year and have been there 4 times since Nov, with out 5th trip next Sat. I have never encountered a rude CM. I think they do an excellent job:thumbsup::mickey:

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
I believe that most of CM rudeness comes from being asked the same questions a million times a day...(which i can only imagine is very frustrating...) However, what the CMs need to remember is that I was not the one who personally asked you all of those times, and even if I am the millionth person that has asked, I deserve the same respect and polite answer that the first person got...

I do not believe this has anything to do with getting the answer you would like, there is a right way and a wrong way to answer any question, and rude is never this right way.

DisFan01
09-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I do not believe this has anything to do with getting the answer you would like, there is a right way and a wrong way to answer any question, and rude is never this right way.

Exactly my point... I am not saying the CM was rude because I didn't get my way, but because of her mean attitude about it also. (I guess I should have mentioned that before.) :oops:

Polynesian Dweller
09-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Exactly my point... I am not saying the CM was rude because I didn't get my way, but because of her mean attitude about it also. (I guess I should have mentioned that before.) :oops:

Must have been the way it was said because just by the words I don't see a mean attitude. The words just seem to be saying the situation and are by themselves not at all rude but actually factual.

Nekochan
09-03-2007, 07:04 PM
We went on Soarin' 3 times this trip. First time, we got row 3. Second and third times we asked and were given rows 1 and 2 - no problems.

#1donaldfan
09-03-2007, 09:42 PM
So far so good for us.......no attitude from a CM.....lucky I guess considering the amount of hot days and 1,000's of people passing their way....better luck next time....

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I do agree that its all in the tone from the CM that would make that statement rude. While some of the CM's word choices weren't exactly nice, the tone would be what makes it rude.

We usually ask for B-1 only once, and that would be when we get in line for the first ride of the day at park opening when there's not a huge line yet. The rest of our times we take what we're handed. We will continue to ask unless others come back and tell us its not possible anymore. There isn't much room, and I'm pretty sure they get a little annoyed that half of the people ask for B-1.

Rude CM's should always be reported to. They can't fix anything that they are not aware of.

rnin02
09-04-2007, 07:16 AM
I have to disagree with some of you, there is definitely rudeness there...did the CM really need to say, "you get what you get"? The CM could have left it at "we don't take requests anymore" and possibly added a "sorry about that, we just don't have the room" or something. But the "you get what you get", that seems way out of place.

Spaceship Tigger
09-04-2007, 07:28 AM
I have to disagree with some of you, there is definitely rudeness there...did the CM really need to say, "you get what you get"? The CM could have left it at "we don't take requests anymore" and possibly added a "sorry about that, we just don't have the room" or something. But the "you get what you get", that seems way out of place.

I completely agree. I find it odd that so many people here think that "you get what you get" instead of some sort of "I'm sorry, but..." is not rude.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I just got back and didn't encounter any rude CMs thank goodness. But I have to say that while the rudeness is inexcusable, the CMs must get barraged with the same requests all day long and it could be hard to stay cheerful. Everyone wants the best seats and that ride still has consistently long lines. Too bad the CM couldn't have been more pleasant about it, though.

We've not experienced a bad CM they have always tried to honor our request. But, I could understand that a ride that is as popular as Soaring and after hours of the same requests and possibly a rude vacationer where a CM had had all she could and snapped an answer back not meaning to.

Jenemmy
09-04-2007, 07:42 AM
We've not experienced a bad CM they have always tried to honor our request. But, I could understand that a ride that is as popular as Soaring and after hours of the same requests and possibly a rude vacationer where a CM had had all she could and snapped an answer back not meaning to.

Yep -- CM's are only human. I have been known to --- on occassion -- snap rudely at my darling husband after the kids have had an exceptionally mischievious day!! Of course the OP didn't deserve a rude response -- who among us doesn't ask for a ride on the front of the monorail or some such Disney perk. You'll never know if ya don't ask --- but at the same time, a day of working with the public can probably be frazzling to even the mickey-ist of CM's. Hope the rest of your trip was magical :mickey:

goofysbabe
09-04-2007, 08:27 AM
With all this being said - why couldn't you have been nicer to the CM, sometimes it just takes us stepping up and being the bigger person - maybe they were having a bad day and needed someone just to be nice to them, you know pass your smile along and maybe they would do the same. Just a thought!! Not saying I agree with a rude CM by any means.

MNNHFLTX
09-04-2007, 08:48 AM
The cast member's response does seem unneccessarily blunt, if nothing else. Certainly a brief apology for being unable to accommodate the request would have gone over better. I agree with the previous poster that said everyone deserves the same polite response, whether it's at the beginning of the work day, or the last. Many jobs offer a frazzled work environment (my own included), but it would be totally unacceptable, customer service wise, to respond to questions and requests with anything but respect and courtesy. I would never tell anyone "you take what you get".

On a side note, I highly doubt that this is a new general policy for Soarin. Perhaps it is practiced during the busy times to increase efficiency, but I think it's possible that it just depends on who is loading the ride that day.

RBrooksC
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Honestly, I don't think that is rude. I could see it being slightly if the tone was cold. When the CM is trying to load a ride that has VERY long waits and people start to come up and start asking for requests because they don't want something that somebody else will end up getting, I can see the CM getting short. The idea is to speed things along and get people seated.

What would happen if, out of the group of people entering the ride, half of them asked the CM for special seating and the CM was cheerful and tried to be nice and soften the blow of "NO" each time? The ride would take forever to load. Be thankful these CMs know how to load a ride as fast as they can and to avoid bottlenecks of people asking for their perferred spot.

mcjaco
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM

Oh good lord. Apologize? Why because you weren't given preferential treatment? How many people behind you in line, where this may have been their first Soarin' experience? Why you should you bump their opportunity at the first row, just because you don't like to see feet? I've rode Soarin' six times. I've never had the front row. Maybe I should go complain, because I've had feet in my way everytime.

DisFan01
09-04-2007, 10:44 AM
:exactly: You are just about the only person that understands my point. The CM could have said something like "I'm sorry, but we can no longer take requests...". Instead she said "You get what you get", which I find rude.

mttafire
09-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I have already responed to this thread but after reading some responses and using MY real world experience i thought id add this; I've been a Firefighter/Medic for 13 years now. It seems more and more folks want to complain about how they "think" they're being treated badly. In reality they are being treated professionally. It seems the folks that LOOK for something to complain about FIND it. In reality there was NOTHING to complain about. Looking back at this thread i still see absolutely nothing wrong with what the CM did or said(how they said it). It just seems that in society lately there is more complaining going on. Why? Who knows. It does get a bit old though. Obviously there ARE times to complain. However those times are few and far between IMHO. :twocents:

rnin02
09-04-2007, 10:57 AM
I have already responed to this thread but after reading some responses and using MY real world experience i thoght id add this; I've been a Firefighter/Medic for 13 years now. It seems more and more folks want to complain about how they "think" they're being treated badly. In reality they are being treated professionally. It seems the folks that LOOK for something to complain about FIND it. In reality there was NOTHING to complain about. Looking back at this thread i still se absolutely nothing wrong with what the CM did or said. It just seems that in society lately there is more complaining going on. Why? Who knows. It does get a bit old though. Obviously there ARE times to complain. However those times a few and far between IMHO. :twocents:

Still gotta disagree. Overall, I think you are correct, many people find things to complain about. I encounter that all the time at my work, as a nurse, and in my former life, retail management. There are some people who are always ready and eager for conflict. I have no idea why. However, there was nothing professional about the phrase "you get what you get". That's what you say to your kids when they are complaining about dinner. That's not what you say to a customer request. The CM in question could have simply left it at "no, sorry, we can not fulfill requests". That's all the CM had to say...the rest was uncalled for.

TheRustyScupper
09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I hope that this isn't true (not being able to request a particular row) because I've been told to ask for Row 3 to lessen the possibility that my dh will have equilibrium problems.

1) I think this is a fair reason for a request.
2) I see no reason for it not to be honored.
3) But, "give me a row so I don't see feet" ???
4) I might have said it differently.
5) But, I'd have said the same thing in denying the request.

NOTE: To me, it is like people stopping in the middle of a row at a show (like Muppet's) instead of walking to the end. Just inconsiderate. You take what is offered. Someone has to sit there, so why not you? So, I think the CM was not rude at all.

mcjaco
09-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Let's not forget that this ride easily has the longest line of any attraction at EPCOT. To go in and to request a row is pretty presumtuious. You've got a two hour line behind you, it's requests like this that can make the line even longer. Sorry, but you should expect to "get what you get."

DisneyDudet
09-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh good lord. Apologize? Why because you weren't given preferential treatment? How many people behind you in line, where this may have been their first Soarin' experience? Why you should you bump their opportunity at the first row, just because you don't like to see feet? I've rode Soarin' six times. I've never had the front row. Maybe I should go complain, because I've had feet in my way everytime.

I don't see how asking for a certain row is getting preferential treatment, or even a bad thing. We've never had a problem for any ride when asking for certain seats. We usually get the, "You'll have to wait for the next car/train/elevator" deal. We don't mind, because we would like to have that experience. I don't find it overly rude or selfish of us for wanting that. We had a time at Soarin where we asked, and it was in the same month it opened. The problem was, this CM had never had anyone ask for a certain row, and didn't exactly know where to put us, so he came off a little iffy, but was nice enough to let us line up before the next group in the row we asked for.

The CM should have used a different word choice, but I do not see fault in the OP. I highly doubt the OP was complaining about not getting what they want, it was what the CM said to them they felt was overly rude and uncalled for.

We will continue to ask for certain places in certain rides. We've done it for 12 trips. I do not think that those who want a special experience are overly rude or expect preferential treatment. Just asking for something doesn't make it preferential treatment. I would still ride the ride and not throw a fit if I didn't get first row on ToT, even though that's where I want to ride. Now, that would be demanding special treatment.

Altogether, the CM should have used different words and probably not had a rude tone (if they did).

Let's not forget that this ride easily has the longest line of any attraction at EPCOT. To go in and to request a row is pretty presumtuious. You've got a two hour line behind you, it's requests like this that can make the line even longer. Sorry, but you should expect to "get what you get."

Actually, it should only make the wait longer for the people with the request, as they usually say, "Step to the side for the next trip". I don't see how it would make it longer for people, as people behind me can ride before I do because I choose to wait for a certain place on some rides.

tinkerbelle75
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I just don't see the rudeness in what this CM said to the OP. I also think Disney has spoiled its patrons beyond belief. They bend over backwards to honor this request and that, but that one time that they can't or won't, they are rude and mean. We're all paying customers and I don't think anybody should be held up just because the person in front of us wants a special seat. When there aren't 100 people behind you, by all means ask for the front or top or whatever, but when there's a line a mile long, "you get what you get"! I want to have fun on my vacation, too, but certainly not at the expense of someone else. I have no idea what's happened to common courtesy.

DisFan01
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
This has nothing to do with common courtesy. When you politely ask to have the 1st row, the way Soarin' is set up, it does not slow the line down. They simply tell you to go to the next section and wait (either B or C).

bleukarma
09-04-2007, 01:15 PM
I’ve learned something working part time jobs in the customer service field…they say that the level of customer service in this country has greatly declined but I also think that the integrity of the customer has declined too. Bitter customer’s make bitter customer service representatives.

While I agree that there is no excuse for a CM to be rude (and I can see how the CM’s tone could’ve made this remark rude) I also think that people are human (whether at Disney or elsewhere) and there are going to be bad days. Don’t let it ruin your vacation and move on. For someone to be outright disrespectful is one thing (I’m thinking of the poster that got pushed by a CM) but for someone to say something to hurt your feelings…move on and enjoy the rest of your day. If I let every little rude comment that got flown at me get to me then I would always be in a bad mood. Disney is a workplace, just like any other workplace. The people that work there are humans, not animatronics. I don’t see the need to report a CM with a bad attitude unless it’s a REAL bad attitude to everyone. While I do agree that being rude IS uncalled for, I would never let it ruin my vacation or still be steaming from it on my return trip. Life is too short to hold grudges.

Disney Doll
09-04-2007, 01:27 PM
It is possible to be the bearer of bad news and still stay polite. In fact when you are the bearer of bad news it is even more important to stay polite because you already know the customer will be disappointed. An "I'm sorry, but we no longer accept row requests" would have been more appropriate. Same message, just a little nicer.

magicman
09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
It is possible to be the bearer of bad news and still stay polite. In fact when you are the bearer of bad news it is even more important to stay polite because you already know the customer will be disappointed. An "I'm sorry, but we no longer accept row requests" would have been more appropriate. Same message, just a little nicer.

I agree 100% with Disney Doll's statement.

Sometimes the answer to a request must be "No"; however, EVERYONE dealing with the public should be taught how to gracefully, tactfully, and politely say, "I'm so sorry, but we can't do that because...."

A Big Kid
09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
I have already responed to this thread but after reading some responses and using MY real world experience i thought id add this; I've been a Firefighter/Medic for 13 years now. It seems more and more folks want to complain about how they "think" they're being treated badly. In reality they are being treated professionally. It seems the folks that LOOK for something to complain about FIND it. In reality there was NOTHING to complain about. Looking back at this thread i still see absolutely nothing wrong with what the CM did or said(how they said it). It just seems that in society lately there is more complaining going on. Why? Who knows. It does get a bit old though. Obviously there ARE times to complain. However those times are few and far between IMHO. :twocents:

That is where I am coming from. Being a police supervisor, I have heard from numerous citizens who claimed that an officer was "rude" to them.

Invariably it boils down to the fact that the citizen got a ticket, tried to talk his/her way out of it, and when the officer didnt stick around for the rest of the afternoon to debate, "he became rude." Usually a replay of the taped conversation halps the citizen to see it my way.

one more point:

Everyone wanting to beat up the CM, remember, you are only hearing one side of the story. The CM's story might be totally different.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I didn't feel it was rude either.
As for requested, they may have been instructed to discontinue the practise and are doing the best they can in the face of unaccepting public. Just because they used to doesn't mean that it will always be that way. I think it's like the lotto, just because ya buy a ticket doesn't mean you win. And I don't recall anything saying because it's your vacation - you get anything you want.
Imagine if Everyone that walked thru those gates felt that way. . . .:(

Rayadragon
09-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't particulalry think it's rude either. I'll agree with other posters that it could've been said better, but it could've been said much worse as well. It all boils down to the "You get what you get" comment. If you take out that phrase I doubt most people here would think it was rude.

As for the requests slowing down the line, I can see why especially during the busy season this could be a problem. Even though you can bring a different group forward while the group making the request waits, what if you have 10 such requests in a row? Even if you have just more than one group standing off waiting for the row, you could imagine that it might become a fire hazard if too many people are crammed into the final queue space.

If this is a new policy, they should probably just put signs up in the queue itself, and to make it part of the CM speil when people are getting closer to loading. It would probably help to minimize the requests (although you know there'd still be some...).

PirateLover
09-04-2007, 10:42 PM
I had this whole multi-quote response going on but I decided to shorten it to this:
Intercotees in the past have often encouraged each other to request B1. So I am utterly shocked at the number of responses that are calling this request selfish or any variety of the term. I am sure the OP made the request nicely. All the CM had to say was "Sorry, but we can't honor your request at this time" and I'm sure the OP would've understood. They aren't upset because they didn't get what they wanted, they are upset because of the attitude in which the response was given (and the fact that the CM possibly lied- this request is often honored.)
Everyone who is saying we shouldn't make judgments on the CM... what gives you the right to make a judgment on the OP and people in general? I think everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.

DisneyDudet
09-04-2007, 10:50 PM
I had this whole multi-quote response going on but I decided to shorten it to this:
Intercotees in the past have often encouraged each other to request B1. So I am utterly shocked at the number of responses that are calling this request selfish or any variety of the term. I am sure the OP made the request nicely. All the CM had to say was "Sorry, but we can't honor your request at this time" and I'm sure the OP would've understood. They aren't upset because they didn't get what they wanted, they are upset because of the attitude in which the response was given (and the fact that the CM possibly lied- this request is often honored.)
Everyone who is saying we shouldn't make judgments on the CM... what gives you the right to make a judgment on the OP and people in general? I think everyone needs to take a step back and chill out.

You just summed up my post quite a few back, but with better words! I totally agree with you. :number1:

WEDTOPIA
09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
1. There is nothing wrong with requesting row 1 on Soarin'. It doesn't hold up the line.

2. The C.M. is wrong about a so called " new policy " on this . It totally depends on who is loading.

3. The C.M. could have used a better phrase than " you get what you get ".

4.However , this particular incident is not worthy of a post. There are much bigger things to get twisted about. Enjoy the 99.9 % good things that happen at WDW !

5. There is no epidemic of rude CM's sweeping through WDW. It's posts such as this one that keep that fairytale alive. Let's hear about all the CM's who didn't spoil 10 seconds of your day.

6. Carry on if you must .........

:mickey:

Raye3201
09-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I've never experienced a rude CM yet but we all have good days and bad days. That being said, I agree 100% with DisneyDoll that one can say very nicely, "I'm sorry that's no longer available." The OP wouldn't be complaining about rudeness if it didn't happen and should be taken at her word.

No CM is infallible - they are all human. Let's just be thankful that most are excellent in supporting Disney's original vision of a place to enjoy with our families!:mickey:

Melanie
09-05-2007, 02:08 AM
I think we probably all need to take a minute to remember that none of us but the OP were actually there, and to not judge anyone involved. The OP was simply doing what thousands have done before her, and she quite possibly caught the CM at a bad time. It happens.

BigRedDad
09-05-2007, 05:17 AM
I am going to chime in with my :twocents:

The context of the message was not rude. You did state that it was in the tone. I agree that the CM could have a different tone, but dealing with the Summer crowds and hearing the same exact request from most every guest wears on you.

*Not directed at anyone in particular*
Put yourself in their shoes. Imagine your child asking you every 30 seconds for a Mickey Mouse ice cream. Imagine them doing this every day for an entire Summer. I bet you would want to muzzle your own child after about 10 minutes, let alone a day, week, month, season.

WDW is supposed to be the most magical place on Earth. However, this is the real world still. People have emotions and feelings. It is difficult to stay excited and happy all the time. Try it, it is not something 99.9% of the population can do for an entire day. Brush it off, enjoy the rest of the trip, and count that one up to an off moment for that CM.

mrsgaribaldi
09-05-2007, 05:31 AM
I requested the front row along time ago and it was denied. Also, frequent requests will delay the ride, it makes it longer to fill it up for each cycle.

Mickie the Pooh
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
The first part was not rude, though of course tone of voice would matter here, the you get what you get part was not necessary, and could be thought rude perhaps.
I kind of wonder if when the CMs were told this new policy the supervisor or whoever told them didn't just put it that way, "we no longer take requests, they just get what they get" I could see that happening in explanation and the CM then added it to the explanation when she said it.

A Big Kid
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM

Judging who is making judgements makes you a judger, doesnt it?

MNNHFLTX
09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Moderator Warning--

The discussion here is starting to go around in circles. For those who have already had their say, it's time to move on. And let's all please remember to state opinions in a manner that will not be construed as a personal attack or bickering.

smartinez1
09-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I think the cm could have left out the line about you get what you get, AND, I also know how hard and trying it can be to deal with the public. I can totally understand both view points and that of the cm. How about we talk about the rude people who work at the DMV, now there are some ruudddeee people! You would think I was going in there to pull out all their teeth, HELLO, I am just here to renew my drivers license! Off topic, sorry for the rant, you may talk amongst yourselves.;)

sainter
09-05-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't see how requesting makes the line go slower or take longer to fill --except making it a longer wait for the "requestors" who have to wait until next cycle. In fact an extra set of people get on a bit sooner than they would have by the requesting group moving out of line.

PirateLover
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Judging who is making judgements makes you a judger, doesnt it?

:huh::scratch::shrug:;)

2GOO-FEE
09-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I wanted to say my :twocents:

I don't think that the CM was rude but like everyone has said the CM could have said it better. I do think it depends on the time of day that you request these things. If the CM has heard these requests all day then more then likely the CM would get tired of hearing the same requests. I sure that the CM did not mean to come off as rude. The CM was not trying to ruin your vacation.

My DH & I have requested certain seats on rides and most of the time the CM tries to accommodate your requests and they say "you must wait for the next ride". We do not mind waiting just so we can experience that particular seat, however we do not request it every time we ride.

I am not sure if this would have any effect but I just wanted to say my :twocents: