PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Room

Tigger70
09-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Is there a charge for using the fitness/exercise room? If so, what are the rates?
:walk:
:bike:

dephenn
09-03-2007, 09:47 AM
All fitness room should be free of charge to all guess staying in the resort that the fitness room is located at. If you have any question about using the fitness room located at a different resort than yours you can call your resort to see if you are allowed to fitness room hop, like pool hopping. Good luck and stay fit!

TammiMcMan
09-03-2007, 11:17 AM
All fitness room should be free of charge to all guess staying in the resort that the fitness room is located at. If you have any question about using the fitness room located at a different resort than yours you can call your resort to see if you are allowed to fitness room hop, like pool hopping. Good luck and stay fit!This is the Cruise Line forum. The poster was asking about the fitness center on the cruise ship, not the resorts.

Tigger, there is no charge for the fitness center, however you must be at least 18 years old. The only charge is if you wanted to schedule a session with a personal trainer. That will run you about $75 per hour.

Tigger70
09-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks!

Has anyone tried the Metabolism Test with Body Composition Analysis? Sounds interesting :scratch:

ElenitaB
09-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Actually I did on our last cruise. It lasted around an hour or so. At the end, you get a print-out and recommendations for exercise, etc. Let me know if you have specific questions about the experience.

BTW, I had booked an early appointment on the day we arrived in Nassau and had an amazing view of our arrival and docking from the room in the spa.

disneygirl17
09-05-2007, 09:34 AM
My mom did the Body Composition analysis and I can say I will never do it and she will never do it again. They just run some numbers and tell you that you have this % of toxins in your body. They then try to sell you pills to help get rid of those toxins and I was to say they cost around $944. I think that is what they told her. Anyways it was kind of a sales thing and that turns me off and is what turned my mom off. I can understand them suggesting stuff but they got a little pushy about it at the end. The spa actually does the same thing, their treatments are good but they are slick with the sales. They told me about using this cream to keep the toxins out of my face and told me to apply it twice a day and asked me if I could do that and I said yes. They put the cream in a bag and handed it to me. I then looked at them and said oh is this free? and the girl said no it is $128 and I said no thank you, she said but you need this and blah blah blah. I just walked out, paid signed for my treatment and left.

I did go to a learning seminar they had at the fitness center and I was turned off by the gentlemen giving it. I can recall him talking about foods and toxins on them and his exact words were "the U.S. government didn't tell you that did they". He was Australian I believe. Anyways at the point I got up and walked out. I think his words were inappropriate.

I wouldn't got the fitness center again seminars or anything else but I would do the spa again because the treatments are nice, just be aware of their selling tactics.

ElenitaB
09-05-2007, 10:39 AM
The spa is well-known for its techniques to sell its product line. If you are not interested in buying anything, you can write that on the form you fill out before receiving your treatment(s).

BTW, I've also talked with the Australian CM mentioned and found him to be quite nice.

disneygirl17
09-05-2007, 01:10 PM
I didn't say he was rude I just didn't think he should be commenting on politics while working on a Disney cruise ship. There is a time and a place and that isn't the time or the place in my opinion. As for the Body Composition results I could figure that up myself online. They didn't tell my Mom anything that I haven't read before or have the formulas for at home. I was expecting them to give her advice on how to shop and suggest maybe some ways to cleanse the body not to spend $944 on 10 weeks worth of supplements.

I didn't see that spot on the spa form I will have to remember that for next time. I just didn't like the way the massage therapist tried to sell it to me. Just tell me you recommend it and tell me how much it is don't just put it in a bag and assume I am going to buy it.