PDA

View Full Version : Omg!

DisneyDudet
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh my!

After getting up at 3pm YESTERDAY to make cookies for people at work, working a 12 hour shift at the hospital where a patient told me to "drop dead", getting ready for church, going to church, eating out after, going shopping, getting a new cell phone, and coming home to play with it....

It is now 7:50 PM, nearly 29 hours after I started my day, and I'm too excited to sleep!!!

I just outfitted my way cool new MotoQ phone with my own Disney music! Fantasmic, PotC, the horn from the Disney Cruise Line... ALL are tones I MADE on my new phone!

I was very upset with Sprint, because when I went to go rebuy my tones I had on my old phone, my new smartphone was not capable to take such simple text tones! So, I search and search to find the tones for free or that you can buy one at a time, and no such luck. Finally started looking at motoQ sites to see if they made their tones, and found a great website on making tones! It was very easy. The hardest part I had was to change the format of the music to mp3 so I could use it. And I'm not very highly skilled in the computer world. I did this all by myself!!

All it needs now is more tones and pictures, which we'll get when we're there in October! I guess I'll have to upload a picture from my computer on it... or take a picture of a picture... I don't know!

I just wanted to share my joy, and my inability to sleep after being up nearly 30 hours straight and on minimal caffiene!!

If anyone wants to know the website, PM me!

Sorry this is ultra random, but thanks for reading! I feel like a little kid again!

cal5755
09-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Don't ya just love new toys?? I am glad you are feeling young at heart and hope ya got some sleep!! BTW...don't ya just love the patients who get all cranky and say mean things!! My dh used to tell me some wild stories about some of his dealings!! Take care!!

McGoofy
09-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Ha! I TOTALLY understand what you are talking about! :) I am an RN that works night shift too. Fortunately, my patients are newborn babies, so they can't tell me to drop dead! :) There are days when I come home from work, and I get busy doing stuff too, and wind up being awake for several hours! And I don't even care much for coffee! My husband just got the same phone as you, and he has been playing with it as well. His ringer is set for the music at Illuminations. So your entire post made me laugh as it just reminded me of me and my husband.:D

Hope you have some better nights!:D

DisneyDudet
09-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Ha! I TOTALLY understand what you are talking about! :) I am an RN that works night shift too. Fortunately, my patients are newborn babies, so they can't tell me to drop dead! :) There are days when I come home from work, and I get busy doing stuff too, and wind up being awake for several hours! And I don't even care much for coffee! My husband just got the same phone as you, and he has been playing with it as well. His ringer is set for the music at Illuminations. So your entire post made me laugh as it just reminded me of me and my husband.:D

Hope you have some better nights!:D

How awesome is that? I added the music from Fantasmic to my ringtone collection as well! I also figured out how to put a picture of the castle that I had taken a few years ago onto my phone! Now I don't have to wait until I go again in Oct to get my picture.

Another thing this patient lady told me... actually kinda funny... She was upset w/ me because she didn't want to take her pills. Well, she has dementia, so she's not fully aware of many things, especially the idea that the pills will keep her from having the problems that brought her in, that are potentially life threatening. I told her that if she didn't take her pills, I would be required to check on her and wake her up every 30 min to make sure her status didn't change. Well, her response to me was, "Witch's Words!" She looked at me with such a glare, that had me thinking she could be a witch!

Anyway.. special story. I just thought people would get a kick out of my Disney-fied phone!

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 04:24 AM
That is so neat - my DH and I are due to upgrade our phones, and I have NO idea what one I want.... besides the service items we need, I just know I want to be able to download Disney tones and pics onto it, which my current Samsung is very limited on what it can accept. :( I'd love to go Disney Mobile, but can't convince my DH until maybe our girls are older and it'd make more sense... but for now, I'll just have to keep looking!! Enjoy your phone!! :D