PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Inn Garden Suites

LisRich
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Anyone stayed in a garden suite at BWI?? How big are they? Is a garden suite considered conceirge and if so, is it a long walk to the conceirge lounge?? Any opinions and info on these would be appreciated. Thanks!

TammiMcMan
09-02-2007, 08:42 PM
The garden suites are just that, sweet. There are 14 units in total and they're all located overlooking the center garden area. Most of them have little white picket fences that open up to a small front yard and pathway into the 2 story units. The first floor has a living room with a pull out sofa and upstairs is the king bed and jacuzzi tub. They do come with club level service, but you have to walk outside, then back into the main building and go up to the club level floor. It's not too bad, other than having to go outside. They're approximately 1100 square feet.

If you want to see some pictures, you can head over to KarenP's section (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Karen/suitedisney/BWIGar/BWI_GARDEN.htm)of Magical Journeys.

threeh
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I looked into these for a trip, but they only sleep 4 and we are 5. They look really nice however. I know you still get concierge service and acess to the lounge and I read you get a pretty decent view of the high fireworks from Illumiations. I can PM you a link to another website where they have a lot of info about the garden suites. Have a great trip!!!!:mickey:

LisRich
09-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info on the garden suites! It is a bit of a hunt to find information about them. Threeh, if you could PM me that link, that would be great. We've done Contemporary suites for last two trips which was awesome, but I wanted to be closer to Epcot since our DS will be older (and also wanted to cut back on the expense of our "annual pilgrimage" to WDW but still be in a suite). Thanks again.

P.S. Slytherin common room????? Yikes!

spoiledraf
09-15-2007, 06:58 AM
We are staying in a Garden Suite next week. In fact I plan on checking in about this time in 8 days. It's my wife and I and my Disney loving cousin (All 50 plus but still kids at heart). We didn't want to share a regular room, but all of the suites are two stories and some overlook the downstairs and some are practically two seperated rooms. We requested one of the more seperated rooms for more privacy. We did the same with our daughter and her husband two years ago. It's much cheaper than two deluxe rooms and you get consierge service with it. The down stairs living room area was nice but nothing real impressive. The upstairs was great. Huge jacuzzi tub and large bathroom with a really comfy king size bed. There is also a half bath downstairs along with a wet bar and I think microwave, table and chairs, couch (pulls out to a queen size bed that my daughter said was quite comfortable). There is a quite pool and hot tub about 150 feet away with a pool house with towels and such.

The consierge room is, I believe, on the third floor and you do have to go outside. You can take the long way through the lobby but a CM showed us a short cut up some side steps just a few feet from our front door. The door and stairs are somewhat out of site down a little side walkway. It's just to the right of the main steps going back to the lobby.

The consierge room has been rated one of the best at the world. DW loved the chocolate covered strawberrys. Different items changeing all day from about 7 AM til about 10 in the evening. You can also get a fair view of Illuminations from the balcony while you have a glass of wine! It's a bit pricey but we only stay for three nights when we go so we pretend we are rich for four days, then off to Atlanta to visit our daughter for the rest of our vacation.

And don't underestimate the location of being on the Boardwald with so much entertainmant and dining opportunities available along with the convienience of being in walking distance of two theme parks.

8 more days and already I can't sleep. Hope I have some energy left when we get there!