PDA

View Full Version : All Star Resort Stories?

SandmanGStefani24
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
with the next trip being a quick, solo trip I have decided that I want to save that extra $1000 or so and go with a value room. (since I don't plan to be there very much anyway.) The Mrs and I stayed at POP last time and loved it, but I wouldn't mind checking out one of the other value hotels if they are worth staying at. So, if you have been there, what was it like, and what did you think? Good and bad. Also, are there bars at these resorts like at pop? (poolside or not.) Thanks Intercot friends! :marg:

Pirate Granny
09-02-2007, 08:51 PM
We've stayed at the All Star Music twice and All Star Sports once...both were good, i find the food courts too small...Music was a bit more spread out (we stayed in preferred rooms both times); but the Sports we stayed in Bldg 10 which is closest to the food court and bus stop and not a preferred building...we overlooked the football field and I was afraid there would be much noise (2nd floor), however they did patrol the area and it was QUIET after 10pm. I can't say the same for the Music as a couple of nights there were LOUD people (kids) in the pool until 1am...and no supervision...and I mean 8 to 11 year olds, not teens...I don't like the bus service as they all share buses...but didn't find it too inconvenient...we actually waited over 90 minutes once for a PoP bus and never came close to that with any of the All Star Buses...

I'm with you, we're rarely in the rooms, so we've been staying at the value resorts lately...Can't beat the AAA rate of $74 (which includes tax)...although I do miss the hot tubs of the moderates and deluxe...

ENJOY your stay...and if you want quiet ask for a room on the top floor away from the elevators...less noice and kids running around.

SMILE :pirate:

Pirate Granny
09-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I forgot...they all have bars that are both outside by the main pool and inside by the food courts..

:pirate:

pixiesmimi
09-02-2007, 09:18 PM
We stayed at the All Star Movies last year. We had two families there. The rooms are just normal hotel rooms. They were very quiet most of the time but we were only there at night except for one day we spent at the pool. The food court is within walking distance of all of the buildings and I didn't find it that small. There is a bar next to the main pool by the food court. We didn't have problems with the noise at the pool at night because it was "quiet swimming only" after 10:00 and we hardly ever saw anyone there that late. The buses ran pretty regularly but we had to wait a couple of times for the bus because one filled up and there were still people in line. The lines are out in the sun though and not covered like the ones at CBR are. It was a pretty long bus ride to any of the parks. They have a very good gift shop and arcade. We enjoyed staying there and were going to try it again this time until we found out about free dining and decided to upgrade to the CBR with the money we were saving.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 12:22 PM
If you are choosing to stay at a value, I would suggest Pop Century.... The rssort is newer, cleaner, and in my opinion, nicer.... I stayed at All Star Music in 1996 and vowed never to stay at another All Star resort again.... Then I stayed at Pop Century in 2004 and loved it.... I actually stayed there again this year, for 1 week....

BluewaterBrad
09-03-2007, 03:09 PM
We are very fortunate to be able to visit many times a year. We usually always stay in a value resort except for our mid-summer lengthy visit. There really is not too much difference in any of the values. All Star Music is my last choice because a certain CM that works at the pool bar there ( wont mention names ) is always annoying and rude.:mickey:

princessM0m
09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
We have stayed at both ASMovies and Pop and thinkthat both are comparable. We didn't use the bus system as ASM so I can't comment on that, but the buildings, pool, and main building are about the same. I think if you are happy at Pop but just want to try something new you will be happy at ASM as well.