PDA

View Full Version : Entering the Parks Late?

SandmanGStefani24
09-02-2007, 07:44 PM
what's the latest you can enter one of the parks? i am planning to get in around 4, so i'm thinking i could maybe get to a park around 6:30. The parks that day close at 8, but one has extra magic evening hours. Thanks...

magicofdisney
09-02-2007, 08:02 PM
I believe you can enter up to closing. The shops remain open for a little while after the official closing time. I rushed into MGM one evening around 7:30 (looking to buy something for my son) and it closed at 8:00. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
You can enter an Extra Magic Hour park and get your wristband up to an hour before the end of the extra magic hours (so long as you are staying on-site of course).

carley
09-03-2007, 10:50 AM
You can enter an Extra Magic Hour park and get your wristband up to an hour before the end of the extra magic hours (so long as you are staying on-site of course).

if we are going threw magic kingdom to get to hoop dee doo ( i hope im right on this) can we get our wrist bands around four pm before the hoop dee doo for the extra magic hours that night at magic kingdom? sorry if it sounds confuseing its our first trip to disney and WE ARE CONFUSED :( about everything

mousetrapper
09-03-2007, 11:17 AM
if we are going threw magic kingdom to get to hoop dee doo ( i hope im right on this) can we get our wrist bands around four pm before the hoop dee doo for the extra magic hours that night at magic kingdom? sorry if it sounds confuseing its our first trip to disney and WE ARE CONFUSED :( about everything

Carley: Sorry I can't help with the wristband question but just to reassure you...if you're confused, you've come to the right place! ;)

This is the place to ask all the questions you want and get great advice. We will make our sixth trip to WDW this year and I still have questions! There are even things I may have knew before but forgot, so I just ask here.

Nekochan
09-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Hoop de doo has nothing to do with the magic kingdom. Hoop de doo is at Ft. Wilderness. The easiest way to get to the hoop de doo is from a boat in front of the magic kingdom, but you don't have to go inside the magic kingdom. In front of the magic kingdom (about a 2 minute walk from the turnstiles to get into the magic kingdom) are stops for the monorail, buses and boats to various places. Take the boat to Ft Wilderness from magic kingdom and walk to Pioneer Hall.

Once you are done with the Hoop de doo, if you wish to return to magic kingdom for the extra magic hours, take the boat back and then you can go into the magic kingdom. They'll give you a wristband for the extra magic hours. The wristband is only available to guests who are staying at a Disney Hotel. Even if you are going only for the extra magic hours, it still counts as an admission from your parks ticket, so you might want to consider spending a few hours at magic kingdom before the hoop de doo, then go to the show, then return. Plan on about 45 minutes from MK to the hoop de doo.

CleveRocks
09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Wristband distribution starts 2 hours before public closing time. So if a park is closing to the general public at 8:00 p.m. but has evening Extra Magic Hours, then wristband distribution will start at 6:00 p.m. You wouldn't be able to get a wristband at 4:00 p.m. on that day, for example.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 11:54 AM
As long as there is Extra Magic Hours, enter the gates, get a wrist band, and stay for the night... :)

carley
09-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Hoop de doo has nothing to do with the magic kingdom. Hoop de doo is at Ft. Wilderness. The easiest way to get to the hoop de doo is from a boat in front of the magic kingdom, but you don't have to go inside the magic kingdom. In front of the magic kingdom (about a 2 minute walk from the turnstiles to get into the magic kingdom) are stops for the monorail, buses and boats to various places. Take the boat to Ft Wilderness from magic kingdom and walk to Pioneer Hall.

Once you are done with the Hoop de doo, if you wish to return to magic kingdom for the extra magic hours, take the boat back and then you can go into the magic kingdom. They'll give you a wristband for the extra magic hours. The wristband is only available to guests who are staying at a Disney Hotel. Even if you are going only for the extra magic hours, it still counts as an admission from your parks ticket, so you might want to consider spending a few hours at magic kingdom before the hoop de doo, then go to the show, then return. Plan on about 45 minutes from MK to the hoop de doo.

ok that makes better sense to me... i thought we had to go threw the magic kingdom to get to the boat..confused state of mind we are in has us backwards...thanks for the info i appreciate it

RocknRoller94
09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
As long as the park is open, Go for it. Throw on a wristband and stay for EMH, or just stay the hour and a half.

Rayadragon
09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
The other thing you could concider doing is skipping a park altoghether that day. If you have the extra day and aren't planning to save it with the non-expiring option, then use it. If not, you could always go to downtown disney afterwards and look around, or head back to your hotel to hang out at the pool and relax.