PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order photopass?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
09-02-2007, 03:33 PM
We are leaving in 11 days for WDW. We know we want to use the photopass this year. However, I am still trying to decide whether or not to pre-order the CD. What are the benefits as well as the downfalls to pre-ordering? We would still want to be able to edit our pictures (add borders, etc) before we leave Disney.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
I've heard that the CD is $125. Is this correct and does anyone know how much individual pictures cost at WDW?

DisneyDudet
09-02-2007, 06:05 PM
If you get a handful of pictures, you will easily rack up a hefty amount. The picture cd seems well worth it, and we're doing it our next trip in Oct. This way, we can make any size in any amount we want anytime we want.

When you preorder, you get it at 20% off or something, so the benefit is there. We will probably preorder it, since we already know we're doing the cd this time.

Here we go again...
09-02-2007, 06:18 PM
When you say Pre-Order, do you mean purchase at Disney instead of waiting until you get home?

This is what I found...
When you purchase at Disney you can buy all of the the photos for one price. The line was so long with people waiting to view their photos that we did not have time to view, edit or put borders on the photos.
Borders do NOT come with the CD purchased at Disney.

When you view at home you can edit and ad borders to any or all of your photos and save them to the CD you will purchase. I also heard that you get some extra park pictures on the CD from Photo Pass (although I have not seen them since I purchased mine at Disney).

Here we go again...
09-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I've heard that the CD is $125. Is this correct and does anyone know how much individual pictures cost at WDW?

The individual photos are about $14. The problem I have is that the smallest they offer is 5x7. I like 4x6 photos to put in Christmas cards or for my albums. You do not have to purchase many photos to make the CD well worth the money!

dephenn
09-02-2007, 06:29 PM
I've heard it might be better to get your pictures in a scrapbook and cheaper.

jrpersinger
09-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't know if you really want to pre-order it or not. I don't know if we just had really bad luck or what, but we hardly seen a photopass person while we were there. We were really disappointed! We even missed getting one for our castle pic, they didn't seem to be out like usual or else we couldn't see them. But I think we had maybe 15pics total on photopass. And several were from CRT and one from Test Track. :cool:

TheSorcererofFantasia
09-02-2007, 07:28 PM
You may now pre-order a Photopass CD prior to your trip for $99.95 compared to waiting til at parks to purchase or after your trip which is $125.95. They will email you a receipt and also, in a seperate email, send you a special code to use when ordering once your trip is complete.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

I've already pre-ordered one for our October trip.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the info! It sounds like a great deal to pre-order the photopass cd. I have one question that I couldn't find on their website about it....it says that satisfaction is guaranteed.

Does that mean if I pre-order the cd and view the pictures when I get home and if I don't like them that I don't have to order the cd and they will refund my money?

The reason I'm asking is because when my husband and I went in Sept last yr we liked the pics but when I went with my family in Jan....a lot of really bad pics. Some of the photographers did a really bad job. There were 4 of us and a lot of them weren't centered or part of someone was cut out of the pic.

Thanks for the help!

pixiesmimi
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
We just got back Friday night from our trip. My DD told me about the Photopass CD before going. She said a friend had over 250 pictures on their CD. We had always just done one or two pictures with Photopass and ordered them at home. They were $12 for a 5X7. This seemed expensive to me. So when she said you could purchase a CD for $125 with as many pictures you wanted on it, I decided to do this. After reading threads on this site, I found out that if you preorder the CD, it is $99.95 and is refundable if you change your mind. I figured at $12 each, I just had to do at least 9 photos to pay for it. Disney actually sent me the info for it when we got close to the time for our trip. I debated over it and my DH said go for it. We just set out to get every picture we could. We had no problem finding photographers in MK and got plenty at different angles of the castle. You can print off a map of the locations on this site. (Problem is I forgot to take my map with me.) :blush: Some we had to search out. But at Epcot we didn't see any photographers until the afternoon of the first day. She told us they should be by the ball and at every country. They weren't. Sometimes we would come upon one and sometimes there wouldn't be anyone at that same spot. So we started doing character photos because that seemed to be where they all were. There were only a couple at MGM. My DD's friend said they found them everywhere and at a lot of out of way places. The last day at MK we went early and there seemed to be a lot more out. ( At least four on Main Street). I went on line last night to check all of our photos (196) and some were good and some bad. Some didn't have good lighting. But at least with that many, we should be able to get a good amount out of them. You can take the CD anywhere to get them printed or do them yourself and when you edit and put borders on them, you can save the edited ones and the originals will be on there too. So I am satisfied with it and think it is well worth the money. We tried to get them to take different backdrops for us. They all were pretty willing to do that except one who said that he could only take the castle as a back drop and they would delete the ones with Casey's in the background we had him take. But they didn't. It was on there. They take several shots of the same thing to make sure you get a good one most of the time. I had a problem with taking my sun glasses off though, as someone suggested, and ended up squinting into the sun. That was the biggest problem, always facing the sun. Hope this helps you make a decision.:thumbsup:

Lucyrella
09-02-2007, 08:44 PM
We just got home from WDW today, and our photopass photo's are terrible for the most part. The ones from the BBB are good, the rest are underexposed, overexposed, or just poor shots in general. Many of our photo's are of my girls' backs and if I were going to complain about anything on this trip, that would be it. I am glad we had our camera with us. So preview before you buy anything, that is the best advice I can give. You have to remember that these photographers in the most part are not professional photographers, they are trained by Disney to use the equipment. So just look before you buy and take your camera with you.

wdwnomad
09-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Does that mean if I pre-order the cd and view the pictures when I get home and if I don't like them that I don't have to order the cd and they will refund my money?

Yes, that is correct. You have two weeks after the end of your trip to request a refund.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks!

tinksmom02
09-02-2007, 10:58 PM
I pre-ordered the CD a couple days ago. Last trip we only had about 60 pics on the photopass, and only 3 of them were pics I didn't have on my camera.

But, I'm hoping to see more photographers this time around, so we'll get more pics. Would love to get one to use for Christmas cards!

I figure it's really a can't lose situation--either I get the CD at 20% off, rather than full price, or I request a refund when we get home!

MickeysEars
09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
the prepay cost is $99 and we just did it today!
you go to the park, you take all you pictures and you come home and do it the same way you would if you bought it at full price. You can crop and edit then you order the CD the same way. You recieve a cupon code when you prepay and that is what you enter when you order your CD! it is a great way to save some money

Texas Tinkerbell Too
09-03-2007, 09:49 AM
When you say Pre-Order, do you mean purchase at Disney instead of waiting until you get home? No, I mean order the CD at the $99.95 price before going to Disney versus buying at Disney for $125.

This is what I found...
When you purchase at Disney you can buy all of the the photos for one price. The line was so long with people waiting to view their photos that we did not have time to view, edit or put borders on the photos.
Borders do NOT come with the CD purchased at Disney.
This is the real question I have about the pre-ordering of the photopass CD... we did do alterations at Epcot photopass center before we left last March. We were able to add borders, add the year, add special Mickey icons, etc. They explained to us that if we did our alterations there at Disney then there was no additional fee. However, if we did our "alterations" at home on-line, then we would have to pay additional. So, does anyone know are they still doing the alterations while you are there? Is it still extra $$ to do it at home? Is it expensive to do it at home?
When you view at home you can edit and ad borders to any or all of your photos and save them to the CD you will purchase. I also heard that you get some extra park pictures on the CD from Photo Pass (although I have not seen them since I purchased mine at Disney). This is what creates the "extra" pictures you've heard of. You have the original picture and then you have your "fixed up" picture with a border and a date.

scootch713
09-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Another option is to buy the photobook?? it is $70 and you can use all the pictures. I am thinking this year just to hand my camera to the photographers..... not sure, $99 and then you have to pay more to print them..... my camera takes such great pics, maybe will save the expense..... interesting.....

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
It seems like a really good deal to go ahead and purchase the CD. That way if you find out that the photographer took great pictures you don't have to pay an extra $26. And if you find out they took terrible pictures you can cancel the request for the CD and get the $99 refunded. I think we're going to pre-order the CD and see how they turn out.

cal5755
09-03-2007, 04:13 PM
We just ordered the pre-order 2 days ago for our trip (only 11 days WOOHOOO). I thought it sounded like a good deal. We are going with a group of 17 people and I would love to get some group shots of all of us in front of the castle and the spaceship earth!! No loss if you dont like them because you can get a refund!!