PDA

View Full Version : After cruise beach vacation?

LoriR
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
We are cruising March 15-19 with our 2 sons (8 and 5) and want to go to a nice beach for 4 or 5nights afterwards. We'd love to be able to drive or take a direct flight from Orlando to somewhere warm, with a nice hotel with activities for kids. Anyone have any suggestions? We tried Naples (hotel we want is already booked; this is over Easter weekend, unfortunately).

I warn you that I am a Disney Princess when it comes to hotels-- I really want a beautiful place with very clean rooms! Any help is appreciated!

Ed
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Have you considered Disney's Vero Beach resort? It's a great facility, right on the ocean, nice pool, very clean beach, good restaurants. And it's only about an hour's drive from Port Canaveral. You can drive straight south on A1A or swing over to 95 South.

TammiMcMan
09-02-2007, 09:22 PM
If you're interested in Naples, you could look into Sanibel/Captiva. The North Captiva Island Club Resort is very private and they have some beautiful beach front homes that you can rent. If you want Princess luxury, look into the Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa. I checked and both locations have availability for your dates.

Second choice as Tigg mentioned, I would keep it in the Disney family and head to Vero Beach (http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsVeroBeachResortLandingPag e).

LoriR
09-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Thank you! I did want Vero Beach, but I was afraid it might be cold then and that we needed to head either further south or to the gulf coast. I will check out Sanibel!

Thanks again!