PDA

View Full Version : Halloween for kids

Karlos
09-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know if there are any halloween events in disney or out of disney for a child aged 9. He feels he is too old for the mickey's not so scary party, and we feel he is too young for the universal one. we are on vacation from Sep28 - Oct 12.:mickey:

princessmom2
09-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi! I'm new to intercot but after I saw your post I just needed to join and say that I think your DS 9 will really enjoy MNSSHP. I have a daughter who is 9 and she LOOOVES the halloween party. The parade is great, the fireworks, trick or treating and of course the whole ambiance of the park is really "not so scary", but very "cool" ( to put in in my daughters words). I would definitley rethink it. Hope this helps!!! Have a great trip.:mickey:

carley
09-02-2007, 03:54 PM
we are going to MNSSHP with our son who is 14 for the first time this month.... he wasnt real keen on it till i pulled up pictures of the parade and fireworks and the characters in costume.... now he cant wait to go... have a great vacation

McGoofy
09-02-2007, 04:23 PM
MNSSHP is for kids of all ages!! We are going with a group of 13 people on 10/31 this year, and my 9 year old is the only kid in the group. That to say there's a bunch of 20 somethings and 30 somethings that are just as excited as my 9 year old is about going! My family has been to 2 MNSSHP's in the past. My 9 year old son loves them and can't wait to go back this year. Most people dress up, so it is fun seeing all of the costumes. There's a special Halloween parade that is kicked off with the Headless Horseman riding a horse down the street. There's special Halloween fireworks that instead of Tinkerbell flying down from the Castle, a witch flies down from the castle. There's way more than you could ever want candy to be had. The list just goes on. Not to mention that you get to ride all of the Magic Kingdom rides. It really is a lot of fun.

However, if you don't attend, there's still stuff to do around the resorts, but I think that may only be a few days before Halloween, if not only Halloween night . Last year we stayed at Pop Century on 10/31, and we did not attend the MNSSHP. The kids and adults still dressed up, there was a costume pardade led by Goofy, candy stations, a Halloween maze, a dance station by the pool, craft stations, etc...This was all free, but I'm pretty sure the resorts only do that on Halloween night.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I am not sure of other events but, my 10 year old son can't wait for MNSSHP on 9/14!!

After looking through all the pics we could find online he thinks it looks really cool.

I hope you can find something he likes.

Mickey91
09-02-2007, 09:55 PM
MNSSHP is for everyone!! A lot of fun!! My DS(13) who thinks he is too big for eveything loves it!! The resorts usually host all kinds of fun events on Halloween itself. Not sure what to tell ya. Good luck!:bat::mpumpkin::bat: