PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon fun atmosphere??

brianlw71
09-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Staying at WL in Dec. I remember something about asking for ketchup while there...what is that all about. I am o.k. with spoilers. What else may I expect??

Maleficent's Dad
09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
It really depends on who your server is...

Some of the CM's working at WCC go overboard with the theme of the restaurant. Others merely go through the motions. We had both in the past 2 weeks - b'fast and dinner several times, mind you.

Some great things to do:
1. Ask for ketchup
2. Ask for a large drink of water, soda, etc.. (non-alcoholic) and specify the large size
3. Wear a Universal Studios shirt
4. Ask where you might be able to purchase chewing gum in WDW
5. Ask for extra straws or napkins

There are more, but that's all I can come up with at the moment...;)

#1donaldfan
09-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Please don't be on your cell phone while your server is near the table....my sister was talking to our mom on the phone and the server asked her very loudly..."do you want me to have everyone be quiet so you can talk?"...that just about made her crawl underneath the table. they have the men get up and do a dance and sing to eat.....that was sorta weird, but fun.....to answer your question, the atmosphere was great, sorta loud, but fun....the food was fair.....the fun made up for it though......

courtney2006
09-03-2007, 09:14 PM
We loved WCC. When we first got there they gave my DD (5) a children's menu with a coloring sheet but no crayons. When we asked for crayons the waiter came back with a big grocery bag full of crayons and dropped it on the table. This is the restaurant that my kids talk about the most. They enjoyed everything about it. I also thought the food was good. If you want to have fun and don't mind a lot of noise, definately try it.:thumbsup:

chefmickey3
09-03-2007, 09:50 PM
My family loved it as well. The ketchup made us laugh so hard! My DH loves ketchup. We found it to be a lot of fun and plan to go back at least once next summer. Enjoy!

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 01:31 AM
The fun depends on your server. The one we had was ok but, didn't do half the stuff that the server did at the table next to ours. My kids ordered the bottomless milkshakes well, after 2 down they decided they needed some water we asked for water and they got a regular cup of water. No huge mason jar like we'd read on prior post. So it was a little bit of a let down. And for future reference the fun at 50's primetime is also based on your server. We tried to get him to get onto us and he did nothing. My DD drew a face with ketchup on a plate then poured sugar onto the plate and nothing but, are you done with your plate?

DDuck66
09-04-2007, 10:20 AM
The fun depends on your server. The one we had was ok but, didn't do half the stuff that the server did at the table next to ours. My kids ordered the bottomless milkshakes well, after 2 down they decided they needed some water we asked for water and they got a regular cup of water. No huge mason jar like we'd read on prior post. So it was a little bit of a let down. And for future reference the fun at 50's primetime is also based on your server. We tried to get him to get onto us and he did nothing. My DD drew a face with ketchup on a plate then poured sugar onto the plate and nothing but, are you done with your plate?
Make sure that when you check in, you let the CM know that you want a server that will "play along". We have had the same experiences and have learned to ask. In fact we have a regular server at the PT Cafe that we always ask for...Sister Jamie.

garymacd
09-04-2007, 11:00 AM
My family loved it as well. The ketchup made us laugh so hard! My DH loves ketchup. We found it to be a lot of fun and plan to go back at least once next summer. Enjoy!

I saw one lady almost crawl under the table and she did begin to cry after asking for ketchup. I tried to help her out by asking for ketchup for my pancakes. I don't think it worked too well. She was just so embarrassed.