PDA

View Full Version : Help - annual pass and dde...

LandFan
09-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Do I have to already have the annual pass to apply for the dde? I can't get one when I get down there, can I? Also does the certificate have to be turned into the pass first?

I'm going over thanksgiving and was going to get an annual pass and dde but I didn't want to buy the annual pass until we get there or at least until I get the plane tix but time is getting tight for the 6-8week window...???

Thanks for any advice:thumbsup:

LandFan
09-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I spoke with Disney and got the annual pass rate :thumbsup:

I added an extra night and still saved about $100 off of the AAA rate I had so I'm pretty happy with that.

The lady on the phone said I could get a dde card at the concierge desk when I got my AP when I get there... can anyone confirm this???

DizneyRox
09-02-2007, 09:34 AM
You can't get the AP at the Concierge Desk, APs are obtained through Guest Relations at the parks.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to get DDE right there either. What I would do is:

1. Order an AP online. You'll get a voucher in the mail.
2. When you receive the voucher, quickly call the DDE number and get that. They will send you a card, if it doesn't have enough time to get to you, you can request something at the will call window IN FRONT OF EPCOT that will ge tyou through your vacation.
3. You'll need to ACTIVATE your AP BEFORE YOUCHECK IN. Checking in with a voucher is no longer acceptable. Without an ACTIVE AP, you may lose your AP discounted room rate and revert to rack rate, which is astonishingly high.
4. Enjoy your vacation!

SingingLights
09-02-2007, 09:43 AM
We bought annual pass certificates for our family last Christmas to be redeemed in January 2007. Then I read about the DDE. I contacted Disney for the application and they sent it to me via fax. I filled it out and called Disney once more to make sure the timeline of the DDE would be the same as our annual passes. The lady was very helpful and gave me an exact date, Dec. 5, 2006, to fax it in to get it back just after the first of the year and to have a January, 2008 expliration date. We received the DDE cards the week before we left for WDW, about 4 or 5 weeks after I faxed in the information, and the card expires at the same time our annual passes do, January 2008.

It is a great discount and paid for itself very quickly.

LandFan
09-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys:thumbsup: I knew I could count on you for some quick info!!

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
What is the DDE?? I know it stands for "Disney Dining Experience"... but how does it work? thanks! :mickey:

DizneyRox
09-02-2007, 03:19 PM
What is the DDE?? I know it stands for "Disney Dining Experience"... but how does it work? thanks! :mickey:
AP or Florida resident only.

20% off our bill at most table service restaurants on property. There are exceptions, there are some CS locations included (mostly where a TS location isn't available). Also the 20% applies to the entire bill for up to 10 guests, including drinks, etc.

pooh13
09-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Last year I bought my AP pass at DownTown Disney and then went to Epcot .
When we got to Epcot I ordered the D.D.E. on the phone and picked up a tempory card at Guest Relations ( not the one in the park ) at the gate so we could eat a Norway and get the discount.

Maleficent's Dad
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Slightly new policy in effect re the DDE!!!

When you call to order it, make sure it's at least 2 days before you get to the parks - the "temporary cards" are delivered each day at 5 PM to EPCOT Guest Relations. If you want to pick one up to maximize the "time" you have on the card (12 months from the time you order it now), you'll have to order it, and pick up the temp card at EPCOT Guest Relations.

This is a slight change as they used to be able to get the temp card to you that very same day. I found this out about 2 weeks ago when we got down there. We had to wait an extra day for our new DDE temp card.

LandFan
09-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Maleficent's Dad,
Thanks soooo much for pointing that out:thumbsup: I will be sure to call ahead a couple days for the card and pick it up that evening at epcot!

DizneyRox
09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Maleficent's Dad,
Thanks soooo much for pointing that out:thumbsup: I will be sure to call ahead a couple days for the card and pick it up that evening at epcot!
UNless they've changed things, you pick it up OUTSIDE Epcot out near the bus stops. It's somewhat inconvenient for those staying at the Epcot resorts, since you would need to head through Epcot to pick it up. I just wanted to point that out.

You should/will be asked for the numbers on your AP or voucher when you order it, so have those handy.

TennesseeTink
09-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Also the DDE office is closed on weekends and holidays. So if you're arriving on a Saturday or Sunday, you will not be able to even order your DDE card until they reopen.

We're arriving the Sat. before Columbus Day. I had planned on purchasing my AP just before we left at the Disney Store and then calling when we get there to order the DDE. When I called to confirm my plan with the DDE people, she told me I wouldn't be able to order it until Tuesday since they'd have a 3 day weekend. Needless to say, just to be safe, I went ahead and purchased my AP and ordered my DDE so I will have it before I leave.

Nevergrowup
09-03-2007, 10:48 AM
We had to pick up our DDE at the Guest Relations window, outside Epcot. We tried another guest relations because the one outside was closed. The cast member told us that we could only get it at the outside window because that was the main office for the DDE.