PDA

View Full Version : park attendance

katzctkpt
09-02-2007, 12:37 AM
I would like to plan a trip that isn't as busy as the months of June, July, 1st part of August. We have 3 kids and school is an issue with my oldest. I've looked at their vacation break and it's the 2nd week of April how is the crowds then and is most of the rides operational?

magicofdisney
09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
You can never predict when rides may shut down for refurbishment. Haunted Mansion (a crazy, popular ride) was closed this summer. But I will tell you that April is Spring Break for many families and I think the crowds are still fairly heavy, though maybe not as bad as summer.

#1donaldfan
09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Spring break sounds like a good time to go. The kids and you will probably need a break about that time anyway. All that school and packing lunches, ball games, plus all the tests....you need to go then....you'll have fun.

LoriMistress
09-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Spring break is awful. It's crowded, humid, and surrounded by many teenagers. Read up on everything during that time of year before actually booking anything during that time.

Mousefever
09-03-2007, 12:38 AM
The good news for you is that Easter is on March 23rd next year. Spring break weeks are always busier when they are attached to Easter weekend. In 2005 we were in Disney World from March 29th through April 5th. It was crowded at times, but not terrible. I've seen it just as busy during NJ week in November and the first week of January.

:dory:

huzzah4
09-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Remember that the concerns you have with taking the children out of school are the same ones that every family has to deal with. The times that they are on vacation are the same times as every other American family with children, so anytime your children are not in school, you can pretty much count on it being busy. Check with the school and see if you can work something out, I have heard many stories of children being allowed to take a week off from school as long as they use it as an educational experience and write a report on it afterwards. You might have to spend a little longer than you had planned in EPCOT, but you'll get to go to Disney with fewer people around, and the kids will get to learn something in the process.

World Showcase has become my favorite part of Disney. There is something for everyone there. In addition to the food, shopping, food, and personal interaction with residents of the respective countries, there are also numerous cultural experiences, museums, artworks, and new culinary adventures to experience. Also, did I mention the food?

I would recommend asking the school if you can make the children write a report on the trip. They may say no, but the answer is always no if you don't ask.

TheMartellFamily
09-03-2007, 12:43 PM
For us we have a break in October so this is when we plan our trip. We have been also in June, July. Have not been in Aug but it is in the cards for next summer. June was not that bad. Since many school do not get done until middle or end of June it seemed to be less busy than July. During spring and Easter break I think that is the most busiest times of the year for them. The busier the parks the longer the park hours are open. Out of all the months I would say is probably June for you and your family.

KAJUNKING
09-03-2007, 01:01 PM
i think youll be fine in april jst because as mousefever stated easter is early next year, i say go for it:thumbsup:

martinfamily5
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
We always go in Oct. over fall break. The kids miss a few days of school, but it is well worth it. The crowds are pretty low, the weather is great and it is just a great, much needed family time.:thumbsup:

WDW Dreamer
09-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I usually go in December. It's not so hot, not as crowded and the parks are decorated for the holidays. Just don't go the week of Xmas, when it gets VERY crowded. :candy:

pixiesmimi
09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
We have been in April, including the Easter weekend, and also in June, both early and late. None of them have been really bad. The Easter weekend was pretty crowded but we didn't have any bad problems as far as rides. It was cooler then. This year we went the first week in June and it was not as hot and not that crowded. Last year we went in the latter part of June and it was pretty hot but the crowds weren't that bad then either. We just got back from our trip in August and besides the heat, the crowds were lighter than we thought they would be for free dining. There were two mornings, especially the one at Epcot in World Showcase when there was no one there and it was really nice to walk around like that. Even the people in the shops were commenting about there being no one there. The only time we thought it was really bad with the crowds was after Illuminations when the crowds were exiting. I couldn't believe how many people there were and hadn't seen it that crowded during the day. I guess a lot of people came back over for the fireworks that evening. We like to go in the spring though before the heat and rains start.

cal5755
09-03-2007, 03:55 PM
I love going in September... we talk to the principal for both of our school age children (8,12) and have them approve the days off. We get all work they need and have them work on it during travel times and they write a report on things they learn while on the vacation. There are tons of educational experiences in Disney. The crowds are light because most families and children are back in school. I remember going when I was 13 during April vacation and having to wait in long long lines for the rides. In Sept the lines are none to minimal as far as waiting.

Goofy Texan
09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
My daughter and I went in early June in 2006. It was a great time to go. The late hours at the parks were wonderful. We didn't have to plan what days to see Spectro Magic because there were two showings of it every night! Also, there is a park open for Extra Magic Hours every day (one in the morning and another at night). You don't get that during the slower times of the year.

To avoid the crowds we would get up early and open one of the parks. Then we'd take a break during the hottest most crowded part of the day. We'd return to a park as the sun was setting to enjoy the night time fun. I love the parks the most at night and having so many after dark hours was heaven to me.

1EeyoreFan
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I love to go in May. I would take my son out of school the week before it letting out. I figure if he didn't know it by then what were the chances of him learning it in a week?lol Seriously, the last week or so is pretty lax, so he didn't miss anything important. It isn't crowded then due to school still being in session and the weather is not bad.

This year we are going in Sept. We got special permission to take him and made arrangements for him to take his work with him to complete on the drive. I know these days are numbered as he is getting older.