PDA

View Full Version : Pressed pennies

brianlw71
09-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Does anyone know if they have pressed pennies for each of the countries throughout EPCOT? I dont think they had them for China a few years ago.

snifflesmcg
09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty sure they do have the countries.....or at least most of them. I know last year we got a Japan and a America one.

jkj1224
09-02-2007, 01:12 AM
they do have pennies for all the countries, although the last time I looked the one for china was actually in the gift shop at the international gateway entrance...

DisneyAndRedSox
09-02-2007, 06:57 AM
If you Google Disney Pressed Pennies, you will see there is a bunch of websites with pressed pennies info. Here is a checklist I found on-line and it was last updated June 30, 2007.

http://www.presscoins.com/Listings/WDWChecklist.pdf The website is pretty comprehensive!

Looks like a lot of them for Epcot! I do have a question- when you look at the form there is a (V) or a (H) in front of the location, not sure what this means.

mermaidmarian
09-02-2007, 08:16 AM
We love collecting pressed pennies! Intercot Info Central has an inventory of the pennies and their locations. http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/coins/default.asp

Altair
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM
I do have a question- when you look at the form there is a (V) or a (H) in front of the location, not sure what this means.

(H) is a horizontal image on the coin, (V) is a vertical image.:mickey:

brianlw71
09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
awesome, thanks for all the info.

pixiesmimi
09-02-2007, 08:49 PM
I was able to get at least one penny at every country except China and Japan. We asked a CM at Japan and he said it was at the gift shop at the International Gateway. We also discovered that there was not one at China either. So we headed to the International Gateway and both were there. We couldn't figure out why those two countries wouldn't have them in their shops when all the others did. The sites with the listings of where the pennies are, are pretty good. I used two different ones for my hunt and one even told which ones were discontinued. Some of the machines were broken though. There are also some at DTD but are hard to find.