PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL Team Do like to win it all ?

gueli
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
The Other thread only had 4 choices (all NFC)...
I have set this one at 10, soo some others will be left out (truth is I would like to be able to have all teams in this post)
:mickey:
PS Lets go JETS
Sorry about any teams I have left out who were in the playoffs or are just likly to be good ?
(sorry cincy fans (lots of flash), Denver fans(always a well coached team), Dolphin fans (then again...), Tampa fans (tough nosed football), Raven Fans (they do look to be tough), Packer Fans (bret Favre still hanging on), and anyone else who I missed...Please note your choice if its not here, I will try to narrow down the field again after the 1st few games).
Love the NFL
:Mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
LETS GO PATRIOTS!!

kakn7294
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
I ain't voting for none of those teams - GO STEELERS!!!

Gottaluvgoof
09-01-2007, 10:16 PM
It's the beginning of the season. If I can't say my team is going to win before the season starts, than what hope is there? Aren't we all supposed to think our teams are going to the Super Bowl in the beginning of the season? GEEEEZE :D That being said, THE ST. LOUIS RAMS are going all the way! :number1:

p.s. My answer to the poll is, none of the above!

5fromabove
09-01-2007, 10:39 PM
:party:

Wrigley
09-01-2007, 11:11 PM
GO BEARS! :number1:

gueli
09-01-2007, 11:33 PM
kakn7294- I am sorry, forgot to include one of the perennial playoff teams.
Good luck under the new coach. Plus big ben is healthy again.
mike

battlefield2freak
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
patriots of course! there was 2 threads: a fav. NFC and a fav. AFC each had 4 teams for each separate division.

Ian
09-02-2007, 05:40 PM
As far as I'm concerned the defending champ gets my vote until they prove otherwise.

We've seen time and time again that going out and buying a bunch of talent rarely results in a Super Bowl win (ask Redskins' fans), so I'm not at all sold on the Patriots bandwagon yet.

Mandykay
09-02-2007, 09:53 PM
You don't have to apologize for not including the Lions :( I understand. Really. I'll just be sitting quietly in the corner cheering them on. By myself. Probably drinking lots of :marg: & :beer: to help deal with the pain of being a Lions fan:D Thank goodness I've got a good fantasy team:thumbsup:

gueli
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Mandykay spoken like a true fan.
Win Lose die or tie (and boy have my Jets died on me more than once...) You Gotta keep rooting :number1:
Ian- couldn't agree more - it takes talent & chemistry to do it - However Bill Billacheck (i know I spelt that wrong (sorry pat fans)) has a nack of getting everyone to work together. I had heard a tasty rumor that its his last year & he wanted to put his stamp on this team.
Sorry battlefield2freak, I did not look hard enough(even if we root for different teams who have a 'special relationship'). Maybe together we can come up with a comprehensive poll...
None the less - cheers - here is to the end of the preseason- now lets go win some real games
:beer:

Melanie
09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
You don't have to apologize for not including the Lions :( I understand. Really. I'll just be sitting quietly in the corner cheering them on. By myself. Probably drinking lots of :marg: & :beer: to help deal with the pain of being a Lions fan:D Thank goodness I've got a good fantasy team:thumbsup:

I'm in your boat as well, Mandykay. Better to be true blue fans than bandwagons jumpers! Ugh, that really gets my goat.

RAIDER
09-03-2007, 07:18 AM
I think the Patriots have a very strong team this year and as usual will certainly be in the running :thumbsup:

battlefield2freak
09-03-2007, 10:41 AM
by the way the lions have been so far i think they could be alot better then they have been in the previous years they really should have picked brady quinn but they need a WR also. as for the colts they will make the playoffs but wont return to the bowl unless they can fill in the gaps from the big players lost to free agency and retirement. and the falcons, maybe now they can have a winning season since they dont have a RB as a QB. the patriots really get most of there talent from free agency thats how they won there first bowl. they also have good chemistry which without that they wouldnt make it to the playoffs every year.

BluewaterBrad
09-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Steelers

mttafire
09-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Bengals....Not a choice. They're MY choice though!:thumbsup:

grumpycajun
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Two years ago I couldn't have even imagined the boys in black in gold being on this list. Man, this is a dream

GO SAINTS!!! We LOVE y'all!!!

martinfamily5
09-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Colts. I am not a huge football fan, but being from 30 miles south of Indianapolis, lasts years win was very exciting. Also, love that coach Dungy. What a fantastic guy.

DisneyCouture
09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Go Giants!!!:number1:

BRJARE3
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S.....Eagles!!!!

krorx
09-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Redskins! :joy:

goofysbabe
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasper
09-07-2007, 02:50 PM
So anyone who did not vote for the Colts want to change your vote after last night's game? There are many pundits who said that last night was suppose to be a foreshadowing of this year's Super Bowl. As a Colt's fan I just hope that we see the same thing come next February!!

Who da thunk it, Colts 41 Saints 10? Even a long time Colts fan like myself found it hard to believe last night's game, especially the defense. I know it is a long season and many things can happen but it sure was a great way for Indy to start the season.

bleukarma
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Colts. I am not a huge football fan, but being from 30 miles south of Indianapolis, lasts years win was very exciting. Also, love that coach Dungy. What a fantastic guy.

Gotta love Tony! He’s a good guy! However the Colts are my #2 pic (even after last nights game). I am a Tampa Bay Bucs fan all the way!!!!!!!! Always have been, always will be…even when they are losing. I miss the Tony Dungy days of the Bucs, it was a fun team back then. I’m a little scared for this years season but I will be rooting for them till the end!

About a month ago Tony Dungy was here signing copies of his book and the thing sold out before he even got there!! I had to park next door to the Borders!

battlefield2freak
09-07-2007, 03:35 PM
who can really call that a superbowl last year. i mean really ( not to upset any bears fans ) the bears are just now starting to turn into a playoff team so really what competition did the colts have, and really look at there schedule for this season. the only teams that have a chance to beat them would be the patriots, ravens and san diego ( dont you love how they do schedules nowadays? i mean look at the NCAA and NFL ). the saints in my opinion wont be near as succesful as last year unless something changes. unfortuantly i couldnt watch the game bc i was at UofL's game what a joke the first half really.

Donald A
09-07-2007, 04:34 PM
The Cleveland Browns :D

WonderlandsMostWanted
09-07-2007, 05:36 PM

I live in Vikings Territory. Belive me, I understand. They almost blacked out our first game of the season due to low ticket sales. We only skated by because a local TV station swooped in and bought out the remaining tickets at the 11th hour! Being a Vikings fan is very painful. I think we're waiting for our Defense to carry us through!

And, I think I've got a good fantasy team, but then again I have Drew Brees, and last night's game was... well... not what I was expecting.

I'm thinking the Colts, but I have a feeling that it's going to be someone I'm not expecting who makes it.

battlefield2freak
09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I Being a Vikings fan is very painful. I think we're waiting for our Defense to carry us through!

haha yea i know your pain. if your waiting for your defense to carry you through then im just going to say your going to wait a while. you need both good defense and offense to have a winning season at the minimum.

gueli
09-08-2007, 12:39 AM
haha yea i know your pain. if your waiting for your defense to carry you through then im just going to say your going to wait a while. you need both good defense and offense to have a winning season at the minimum.

Slightly have to disagree with your basic statement. Countless teams (last year da bears(had an effective winning season primarily based on their defense), prior teams include the Ravens (super bowl winner), Tampa Bay (also Super bowl winner, even the Steelers, Giants,etc etc) have won the big one with great defenses and OK Offenses.
Your Pats have seemed to be one of the few that have managed to balance, having enough firepower and smart tough defense. The colts tend to buck the trend, but their defense played well at the beginning, tapered off in the middle, and came back on again for the playoff run.

Winning games (and sometimes seasons) can come down to luck (example: not having injuries, or having your oppents have them at bad times) BECAUSE most teams in the NFL have a decent amount of talent & coaching. There are some coaches who are bettor than others, especially during crunch time (when the game is on the line), but the talent in the NFL is reasonably well matched. Sometimes the way the ball bounces can mean the difference in winning & loosing.
with that said,
Lets Go (insert your team here)

Go Jets

battlefield2freak
09-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Slightly have to disagree with your basic statement. Countless teams (last year da bears(had an effective winning season primarily based on their defense), prior teams include the Ravens (super bowl winner), Tampa Bay (also Super bowl winner, even the Steelers, Giants,etc etc) have won the big one with great defenses and OK Offenses.
Your Pats have seemed to be one of the few that have managed to balance, having enough firepower and smart tough defense. The colts tend to buck the trend, but their defense played well at the beginning, tapered off in the middle, and came back on again for the playoff run.

Winning games (and sometimes seasons) can come down to luck (example: not having injuries, or having your oppents have them at bad times) BECAUSE most teams in the NFL have a decent amount of talent & coaching. There are some coaches who are bettor than others, especially during crunch time (when the game is on the line), but the talent in the NFL is reasonably well matched. Sometimes the way the ball bounces can mean the difference in winning & loosing.
with that said,
Lets Go (insert your team here)

Go Jets

well yeah that to but it also comes down to their schedule to. it seems like every team thats good gets the easy schedule like the colts as i mentioned above and my patriots which i will admit. we will only play a few teams that could have a chance to beat us, those being chargers, colts, ravens, cowboys, eagles. the rest are teams that had a season that didnt even make the playoffs except jets. what im getting at is it sems like they fix the schedule, the good teams get 3-5 good teams that could beat them and the rest are teams that would hardly stand a chance or not as much of a chance to win if compared against the other teams. didnt mean to make anyone mad

DisneyLuvRSince76
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I ain't voting for none of those teams - GO STEELERS!!!

Seriously, how can you have a poll and not include the Steelers ?

WonderlandsMostWanted
09-08-2007, 01:22 PM

hehe, yeah, I know! It was pretty much tongue in cheek. We have the distinction of having a defense that sometimes scores more than our offense does. :blush::shake:

I'm still a fan, so win or lose, I'll be sporting my purple pride, and hoping for the best. I just don't get to walk into the season expecting any kind of shot at the playoffs! :D

gueli
09-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Seriously, how can you have a poll and not include the Steelers ?

seriously as i posted after her- my bad.
I will not do it again...

dolphinmickey9170
09-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Lets Go Pats!!

My DH would vote for the Steelers if they were there.

battlefield2freak
09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
hehe, yeah, I know! It was pretty much tongue in cheek. We have the distinction of having a defense that sometimes scores more than our offense does. :blush::shake:

lol yea that and when your QB has over a thousand rushing yards ( vick maybe you should take notes from harrington these next few years ).

Mandykay
09-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Yippee!!!!! The LIONS are tied for FIRST place! Hey, I've got to enjoy it while I can:D

09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Love the post that said Cleveland Browns. That was :funny:

GO STEELERS!!!!:

Marker
09-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, I didn't vote. I'd LIKE for the Chiefs to win it all....... but after yesterday's performance, I don't think that's going to be happening this year.

#1donaldfan
09-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I think you left out the only one destined to win....I know it was a simple oversight and in no way was it intended to "poke fun" at or belittle the one true Superbowl Champion Team...I know your all wondering who might this be and to no suprise to anyone.....it's the STEELERS....Black and Gold......and if I'm correct in assuming....all the current players on the roster are being fitted this week for the 6th ring........:thumbsup:

jsdt
09-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Go BEARS (but we just took a big hit losing Brown and Dvorcek in the same game for the entire season - ouch!!)