PDA

View Full Version : Summer on the Savannah

Maleficent's Dad
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Whew, :whew: I just returned from 11 days split between OKW and VWL. Prior to heading down, I posted about the "Summer on the Savannah" mixer-thing that DVC hosted this summer season. Since no one responded, I thought I'd give a quick review.

I attended the last of these mixers - on August 23. I was pretty impressed! It was worth our effort to get over there (since we weren't staying at an EPCOT resort, it wasn't overly convenient to get to).

After spending most of the day at Typhoon Lagoon, we changed and headed to MGM. We took the boat to the YC/BC and headed to the International Gateway to the Summer on the Savannah Mixer. (Could've gone to EPCOT, but MGM bus from OKW came first.)

The Mixer thing is quite cool! As you walk in, they hand each member of the party a booklet. Inside the booklet, you'll find several pages of "coupons" and giveaways.

They provided everyone with drinks - some red punch from the AKL - as well as ice water. There were 2 coupons for snacks - ice cream (the same novelties as in the parks), animal crackers, or chips were your choices.

There was South African Wine for sale.

There was free face painting. Kids loved that! :thumbsup:

They also had a DJ type of guy having all kinds of contests - hula, dancing, etc... Mostly for the kids. They played Disney Radio type of music.

There were characters there as well for photo ops. We saw Rafiki, Timon, Pluto, Goofy, and the DeVine lady (from the AK). We took pics with all we wanted.

The place was moderately crowded, but not a mob scene.

Amazingly enough, it was all for free! :faint:
DVC did a really good job with the party. I would have gone to more if they had continued past the 23rd.

dlpmikki
09-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Sounds like fun Frank - thanks for sharing :)