PDA

View Full Version : Whaddya think?

LandFan
09-01-2007, 05:51 PM
I made some changes to our ADR's yesterday as we are able to stay into the following weekend now. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get what I wanted (Brown Derby, Kona, Mama Melrose) with no problems and we are only about 81 days out! I'll probably be dropping the LTT ressie as we may not fly in until Thanksgiving day but I don't want to drop it until I get my plane tix and know for sure.

Only 80 days, I'm getting excited now! Cali Grill, Jiko, Brown Derby and Coral Reef are new for us this time...

11/22 lunch, LTT, 11:20am
11/23 dinner, R&C, 8:40pm (done for illuminations purposes)
11/24 dinner, Brown Derby, 6:10pm (fantasmic or Osborne Lights afterwards)
11/25 lunch, Coral Reef, 11:30am
11/26 dinner, Cali Grill, 7:30pm (for Wishes)
11/27 dinner, Jiko, 6pm (we'll take the dining tour that day at 4pm)
11/28 dinner, Kona, 6:25pm
11/29 lunch, Le Cellier, 11:30am
11/30 lunch, Mama Melrose, 12pm

I'm excited to try the Oyster and Brie soup and grapefruit cake at Brown Derby, the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli at Cali, anything at Jiko, the lobster bisque at Coral Reef, the stewed mushrooms and sticky toffee pudding at R&C and many other things!!

We are still debating adding the dining plan this time because we just don't eat that much anymore. At most places, we'll be happy with appetizers so it's a really tough call! I debate it daily in my head (it would be easier, but will we eat enough to make it worth it??)

So, whaddaythink??

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Your reservations sound great. My husband and I wanted to try Le Cellier but it is completely booked. I just keep calling hoping someone will cancel. Thanks to everyone writing great reviews I want to try. We are trying Rose and Crown and Coral Reef this time. I see that you did the free dining plan last year. Did that have it for the entire month of Sept last year? We were there and didn't have the dining plan. I'm asking because we didn't have ADRs and were able to walk up and get a table and I was wondering if we didn't have an ADR (I can't get some that I want) this time if it would be a problem? In the past we haven't made but 1 ADR prior to arrival.

Natazu
09-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Great job. Looks like an awesome trip. I think for you guys, the DDE card will do you more good than the dining plan.

LandFan
09-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I see that you did the free dining plan last year. Did that have it for the entire month of Sept last year? We were there and didn't have the dining plan. I'm asking because we didn't have ADRs and were able to walk up and get a table and I was wondering if we didn't have an ADR (I can't get some that I want) this time if it would be a problem? In the past we haven't made but 1 ADR prior to arrival.

I'm not really sure. I would get as many ADR's as you can and then just do your best when you get there. I remember they were turning away lots of people at MANY places saying they were full. Did you go earlier in September? If so, it may not have been quite as full and that is how you made out so nicely.

Good luck:thumbsup:

LandFan
09-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Great job. Looks like an awesome trip. I think for you guys, the DDE card will do you more good than the dining plan.

Great idea but we aren't passholders :(

Since I've just started my new job teaching high school and my first good paycheck is next week, I'm not sure if we can swing the passholder thing this year...

Hope you guys are doing well! Tell Rachel we said hi!

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-02-2007, 05:13 PM
We went exactly in the middle of the month. I think it was 12-20th last year. We have reservations for all but 2 of the 10 days. One of the days we are going to WGPC which I was told only takes walk-ups. We have reservations for Biergarten, Chefs de France, Rose and Crown, Ohana's, Coral Reef, Tony's Town Square, Crystal Palace, Spoodles and Raglan Road. We've been to Raglan Road, Biergarten and Ohana's. We picked the others to try something new. Any suggestions of what to eat? We aren't picky eaters. We'll try almost anything at least once.

LandFan
09-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, for R&C, I've heard the Bangers and Mash is very good. DH loved the guiness stew as well.

I would see if you can get a seat at BOMA:thumbsup: if you are even mildly adventurous, it's FABULOUS!! You also get to see the Lodge, which is amazing, and they have a great gift shop too! It's buffet - but QUALITY buffet!!

Spoodles was pretty good. We had an appetizer with pitas and hummus dips that was pretty good. The steaks were good there too.

The other ones that are new for you (Coral Reef, Chefs, etc) are new for me too, so I can't help you there, sorry!

Have a great time though:cloud9:

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey there LandFan, your ADRs look good.... Enjoy your trip...