PDA

View Full Version : Need info about Little Ones Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom

Alpha Jeanie
09-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Do you need a special ticket or package to get into the Magic Kingdom for the Little Ones Magic hours in the morning? My husband & I will be at the park on a day that they open early for Little Ones hours and are wondering if we will be able to get in early, we will have no children with us, or if it is a special ticked event. The actual EMH hours for that particular day are at night.

Thanks for any info.
:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-01-2007, 04:54 PM
As long as you're a resort guest you can get in. It's just like the regular EMH except only Fantasyland is open, which makes sense seeing as how it's geared towards the little ones. You don't need anything other than your resort room key/ticket.

DisneyDudet
09-01-2007, 06:06 PM
They call it Little Ones Extra Magic Hour, because only Fantasyland is open, plus there are some characters out spending time with the kids, riding rides and doing games.

We plan on going, and the youngest one in our group is me. I'm 23. We will not attempt to take up characters' time or run over families trying to ride rides. We would just like to take advantage of some extra time at that part of the park, so that we can do the rest of the park later.

They will not stop you from coming in if you don't have children, and all you have to show is your resort key!

disneyfan328
09-01-2007, 09:56 PM
The above posts surprise me!!! I thought that the little ones emh are only for children( or families with children I should say) under the age of 5. We were told that someone in the family has to be that age in order to get in??? Is that not the case? We were under the impression that this is specificially geared towards families with little ones so that they can get some time without the long lines that they have a hard time waiting in.

I also believe that the characters really don't "Pose" for pictures during this time or sign autographs. You are welcome to take pictures ect and they ride on the rides with the kids, but that there are no actual lines or individual time with the characters.

Do I have this all wrong? If they are going to let in all resort guests no matter the age, then how can it be "Little ones Extra Magic Hours"??? I can imagine that since Fantasyland is all that is open that it will be get quite crowded if that is the case.

Strmchsr
09-01-2007, 10:42 PM
The above posts surprise me!!! I thought that the little ones emh are only for children( or families with children I should say) under the age of 5. We were told that someone in the family has to be that age in order to get in??? Is that not the case?

No, that is not the case. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/magicalbeginnings/default.asp) to go to Info Central and you can read all about it. Yes, it's geared towards children, but there is no age limit. Personally, I wish adults without young children would stay away during this time, but that's not required. Anyone with a valid resort id can attend.

disneynarula
09-02-2007, 07:38 AM
How are the crowds during this? I wanted to take advantage of this so we could take our DSs on most of the Fantasyland stuff before the crowds hit but now I am thinking it might not be worth it.

DisneyDudet
09-02-2007, 09:00 AM
How are the crowds during this? I wanted to take advantage of this so we could take our DSs on most of the Fantasyland stuff before the crowds hit but now I am thinking it might not be worth it.

Seeing as how the dates for the Little Ones EMH aren't listed under the main EMH dates on disneyworld.com, not many people may be aware of this time, nor would they think that adults only groups are allowed to attend. I would think that the chances of a huge crowd during this time would be slim, but always a possibility.

This is from the Disney site, after having to search for Little Ones Travel Time.

Little Ones Magic Hour
Add extra magic to your Little Ones Travel Time visit by being one of the first in the park during Little Ones Magic Hour. Guests staying at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel can visit Fantasyland® an hour early on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from August 26-October 28. Many of your favorite rides will be open, and you may even get the chance to play "Peter Says" with Peter Pan or ride with Stitch on Dumbo the Flying Elephant.

Please do not bash those of us who do not have little ones in our party that plan on going to these things. By all means, we aren't going to ruin a child's time or cause them to wait longer than they should. We are not out to beat anyone to a line or anything. We would just like to have the same chance as anyone else. My parents are at "grandparent age" and are always giving the "when you have kids... " spiel to me. We love kids and this is also a chance to see the characters interact with the kids and watch the interaction. Trust me, even if all we do is watch the kids play with characters, we will have fun.

Please don't make this a debate over right and wrong, as Disney said guests of the resorts can do it, and nothing in regards to age.

Now if there are adults who try to beat the kids to Winnie the Pooh, then there's a problem...

#1donaldfan
09-02-2007, 09:07 AM
This is very interesting...I have never heard of this. Wish I had known, our kids would have enjoyed this special time just for them.....is this all the time, every year....was is just implemented.....wow, I never knew......you learn something new on Intercot every day....thank you Intercot for teaching me something new......your the best.....

DisneyDudet
09-02-2007, 09:20 AM
This is very interesting...I have never heard of this. Wish I had known, our kids would have enjoyed this special time just for them.....is this all the time, every year....was is just implemented.....wow, I never knew......you learn something new on Intercot every day....thank you Intercot for teaching me something new......your the best.....

The dates for this year is August 26-October 28 or something like that. I believe they did this last year as well.

Alpha Jeanie
09-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded to my thread. I hope I did not start a contravercy. My only intent was for me and my DH to get into the park early and hopefully shop if any of the shops are open during the Little Ones Hours. This is a RARE adults only trip and we will be back in May with the kiddos in tow. We are mostly going for the Food & Wine Festival, but couldn't leave the World without a visit to the Magic Kingdom. I thought it would be nice to get some shopping done while the park wasn't so crowded.

I think the Little Ones Hours are a great idea for families with small children who can only wait so long in a line before the kids get tired. :mickey::mickey:

Only 34 more days!!:cloud9:

Nicki'sMom
09-02-2007, 12:53 PM
I can't wait for this, especially because I heard Peter Pan, Hook and Wendy could be out and about. You never see them around or at character dining and my daughter is obsessed with Peter Pan right now.

germanhc
09-02-2007, 04:15 PM
This is intended to be the "little one's" magic hour. If everyone staying on property feels they just want to be there to "see" they will ruin it for everyone else. The shops are NOT open during that time so that reasoning fails. Fantasy land is a small place, if the people staying on site that don't have little ones start showing up it won't be worth going to. The regular magic hours is available for those who want extra time in the park. I graduated high school 22 years ago and I don't intend to go to grad night just because it gives me extra time in the park!

MrPeetrie
09-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I have our day already planned for our upcoming trip. I'm so excited for our 4-year-old daughter.

That day, we're going to Magic Ones Extra Hour, having breakfast at Chrystal Palace later, have reservations at the Bibbity Boppity Boutique at 2:30, then are heading over to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop De Doo Review. It's going to be a great, albeit full, day. (We're taking it easy the next day to catch our breath.) But I can't wait to take advantage of this!!!
:number1:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-02-2007, 05:58 PM
We didn't do this last year, I know my 3 year old daughter would love it.
We will definately be going during our trip the 13-22nd!

Lucyrella
09-02-2007, 08:48 PM
We just arrived home today, and we my girls 2 and 4 went to the LOMH on Friday the 31st. It is one of the best things we did. Lucy got to play hide and seek with Peter Pan, Wendy and Capt. Hook. It was priceless. She also got to play hop hop mouse with Mickey and Pluto. We met Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland, and Stich was riding Dumbo with the kids. Definitely something you do not want to miss if you have young children. It was not overly crowded either. After this was over, we hopped right over to Ariel's Grotto which opened at 9am. We did not have to wait to see her, so that was a nice bonus.

teambricker04
09-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Sooo sad... We'll miss it by a week! Have any of you ever had to skip out on Pooh because the line is out to kingdom come??? We have NEVER been on it with out 2.5 yo because he couldn't stand in the line if we bribed him!

Oh well... this year we are going to run there and wait and try to get on first thing in the morning.

DisneyDudet
09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
One thing with Pooh, is that is breaks down often, so that is a probable cause for the long lines. We don't usually attempt Fantasyland in the midday. We may walk through it for eating or cutting through, but not to ride because of the amount of people. We've caught it with short lines around dinner time.

Hopefully this event gets parents to come out early for their kiddos, and give them extra time mid day for nap time.

Like I said before. We aren't going to go and take up space for families. If there's a short queue, we'll get in. If not, we'll watch the kids! There's always Main Street that should be fairly empty... some nice pictures could be taken!