PDA

View Full Version : Interval International Questions

Nicola Ross
09-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi

I am looking to book an interval international trip next year to Las Vegas, but have a couple of questions that I wondered if anyone could help me with?

On the member website it states

'Reserved Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations can be exchanged for Interval International® accommodations. Exchange weeks become available when owners at a resort in the Interval International program give up their week for exchange.'

Does this mean I have to book at a DVC resort using points (as it states reserved Disney Vacation clud resort) then use points to book through interval international? For example, one week at OKW in Sep in a studio is 80 points, then booking interval international, lets say 270 points, total points used 350, is this right? Or have a completely misunderstood (very possible!!!)

Does anyone know what is dates are classed a low and high season for interval international?

Is the points chart for 2008 out for interval international?

Thanks very much for your help and I would be grateful for any advice

Thanks!!

Nicola

dlpmikki
09-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I haven't actually done this myself and was hoping someone who had would pop by. My understanding is that you don't book a week per se (your 80 points at OKW example) but that the number of points you need depends on whether where you are going is in high or low season. Probably be a good idea to talk it through with Member Services.

tinkerbell04
09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
We just booked a week at Tahiti Village in Vegas through Interval International. It was very easy to do, the member service employees are great, extrememly helpful, able to answer all of our questions. They gave us reviews of each of the available resorts and were very knowledgable. They took care of transferring the points and booked the room for us. They also processed the 75 dollar exchange rate. We booked a one bedroom from October 20-27 and it was 140 points. We did not have to book at a DVC resort in order to book at the Vegas resort. I don't know about the point charts for 2008, or the seasons. If I were you, I would call member services and get further clarification on the point cost at the time that you are interested in going.:mickey:

Tinkermom
09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
We just booked a week at Tahiti Village in Vegas through Interval International. It was very easy to do, the member service employees are great, extrememly helpful, able to answer all of our questions. They gave us reviews of each of the available resorts and were very knowledgable. They took care of transferring the points and booked the room for us. They also processed the 75 dollar exchange rate. We booked a one bedroom from October 20-27 and it was 140 points. We did not have to book at a DVC resort in order to book at the Vegas resort. I don't know about the point charts for 2008, or the seasons. If I were you, I would call member services and get further clarification on the point cost at the time that you are interested in going.:mickey:

Thanks for this info! I too was watching this thread to see if anyone could tell us how it works. We are looking into going to Cabo San Lucas using our II exchange through DVC. We booked with II once before using a different timeshare. The problem we had was that we had to transfer our points to them BEFORE they would tell us if there was availability at the resort we chose. We took a chance and it turned out that there was NO availability. Now, we could leave those points in II and have up to 2 years to use them or we would lose them. Luckily, our timeshare pulled some strings and got us our points back. I do not like this way of booking. We are usually only able to take vacations at a certain time and need a larger room type as we are a family of 5. This makes it a bit more difficult to find what we need/want.

So, does it work this way with DVC also. Were you able to check availbility BEFORE you transferred your DVC poinst to II?

The other concern I have is not knowing what type of resort you are really getting. With Disney resorts I KNOW what I am getting. There is a level of excellence that is expected. I am hoping that since Disney has chosen these resorts that they are of Disney quality.

tinkerbell04
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
We didn't have to transfer our point first, the CM told us what was available. What she did say was that if something wasn't available, you could pay the 75 dollar fee and send out a search, but she didn't say anything about holding our points first. I was also concerned about the quality issue and each resort is Disney rated, and they share the ratings with you. There were 2 available in Vegas right off the bat for the time we were looking for, but the one we choose had a higher rating, so we choose that one. Does this help any?:mickey:

Tinkermom
09-08-2007, 06:54 PM
We didn't have to transfer our point first, the CM told us what was available. What she did say was that if something wasn't available, you could pay the 75 dollar fee and send out a search, but she didn't say anything about holding our points first. I was also concerned about the quality issue and each resort is Disney rated, and they share the ratings with you. There were 2 available in Vegas right off the bat for the time we were looking for, but the one we choose had a higher rating, so we choose that one. Does this help any?:mickey:

Yes! Thanks so much!

tinkerbell04
09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Good luck!:mickey: