PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Country Bears?

FalconeNJ
09-01-2007, 01:10 PM
This may have been answered in past posts. Is the Country Bear Jamboree gonna be made up for its Christmas season show in December or like last year is it gonna be the regular season show?

Figment!
09-01-2007, 02:00 PM
There have been several reports that Magic Kingdom Guest Services is informing Guests that it is returning for the 2007 Season; however, an official announcement has yet to be made either way.

scootch713
09-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I hope so. I complained last year and actually got a phone call from disney about it. Hopefully enough of us complained.

WDWizard
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I was upset before when Disney decided to be cheap and not do the holiday version of Country Bears to save money (as if they dont have enough of that already).

Thanks to guest complaints, hopefully it will come back!:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
09-01-2007, 03:35 PM
I was upset before when Disney decided to be cheap and not do the holiday version of Country Bears to save money (as if they dont have enough of that already).

Thanks to guest complaints, hopefully it will come back!:thumbsup:

Actually, it had nothing to do with cutting back on money. They didn't get the license to the songs for the Christmas show on time for the CGJ. That's why there wasn't one last year.

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Actually, it had nothing to do with cutting back on money. They didn't get the license to the songs for the Christmas show on time for the CGJ. That's why there wasn't one last year.

1) Might be true, but it is not how I understand it.
2) I was told it was not in the budget for last year.
3) The licensing story makes sense, but sounds unlikely.
4) We have run musical shows and the licensing is remarkably simple.
5) There are three organizations that license music.
6) They are ASCAP, SESAC and BMI.
7) You simply get a license from whoever handles the artist/music.
8) This can be done VERY quickly and even via email.
9) Now, keep track of the plays and pay the fees.

Sweezy
09-03-2007, 12:04 AM
i have no idea what exactly caused the omission last year, but heres to hoping its back for 2007~

LoriMistress
09-03-2007, 12:04 AM
1) Might be true, but it is not how I understand it.
2) I was told it was not in the budget for last year.
3) The licensing story makes sense, but sounds unlikely.
4) We have run musical shows and the licensing is remarkably simple.
5) There are three organizations that license music.
6) They are ASCAP, SESAC and BMI.
7) You simply get a license from whoever handles the artist/music.
8) This can be done VERY quickly and even via email.
9) Now, keep track of the plays and pay the fees.

I understand the licensing process as well, since I took use to work in theater. Also, there's no reason for you to "list" every sentence with your "reason." Getting license for a small theater production and what WDW does is a huge difference.

I'm really not in the mood to argue with you. If you don't believe me that's fine. I'm just telling you what was released from Disney and their reason.

Have a magical day.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 02:48 AM
I like CBJ and would love to see the Christmas version. I was a little disappointed with the condition of the CBJ this yr.and if the Christmas sounds anything like the original did in JUne then I'd rather them close it and refurbish it because it definately needs a major overhaul. The sound and interior condition needs something done.

DISNEYFIX
09-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Bear Stew................
I don't know where I would run the dynamite to first CBJ or Stich ride.
Both terrible.

WDWizard
09-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Magic Kingdom management has decided not to run the Christmas version of the Country Bears for the second year in a row!

Although some wanted to bring it back due to guest complaints last holiday season, apparently there weren’t enough written complaints. (I think it really comes down to the fact that it was given the budget ax because they didn’t want to spend the money...as if they don’t have enough of that already)

After two years of no Christmas Country Bears, who knows if we'll ever get it back?

Send all complaints to:
Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

or [email protected] ([email protected])

:thumbsup:

*This has not been made official, but cast members and management have spread the word out.

CaptSmee
09-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Just e-mailed...can't imagine the reason being cost...it seems like a simple change over and all the costumes are existing. Same with the soundtrack...whatever reason I think it's silly for WDW to not want to do it when they are probably going to have a record breaking attendance year!

Grumpys Crew
10-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I just e-mailed as well----I really hope they reconsider and put it on this year-----lets see what or if they reply.. See-YAAA

Boomerbilia
10-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I am totally on your side and letters should be written. HOWEVER, if you have been following postings over the past year, you would have found out that you are off base with the reasons.

The problem is licensing of the songs for the show with some owners DEMANDING significant increases from Disney.

Disney has been negotiating in good faith, but has also been working on a revised show with music that they own so that guests won't be held at ransom by third party thieves in the future.

Don't think this one is Disney. It's not. Take my word, I know.