PDA

View Full Version : best time & seating for Candlelight Processional

lgeandme
09-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Going in mid Dec. Group of 11 with kids:1,3,6,6,and 8. Any suggestions on time (5,6:45,8:15p.m) and seating for Candlelight Processional?:mickey:

Pirate Granny
09-01-2007, 11:49 PM
It's a great show, but I don't know if the little one's will be able to sit still that long...I would vote for the first show...and get tickets for the dinner package...that way you have a good lunch (cheaper too) and then the show...and early enough if you have to leave before Illuminations...If you don't want a dinner package...then try for a week night...and the first show...I would just sit across the road at the tables outside of the American Pavilion and that way the youngsters could move around during the show, but you can still hear the narrator and music...they cannot move around (stand or wander) during the show if you are in the regular seats. We were there last year and the regular lines (without the dinner package) were huge...even on a week night...I personally won't wait 90 minutes in line to see the show...

:pirate:

Mandykay
09-02-2007, 12:58 PM
If you are going to try to do the dinner package you're going to want to make ressies ASAP. It was a challenge trying to get what we wanted for a group of 3. I think Pirate Granny's idea about watching/listening to it from outside the theater is a great idea because of all the little kids you'll have with you.

LoriMistress
09-03-2007, 12:25 AM
I would not recommend CP for a one or three year old. The six year old would be able to handle it just fine, I believe--if they're able to be quiet and not be disruptive through the entire show.

Here we go again...
09-03-2007, 01:05 AM
The Candlelight Processional is a wonderful show and you should go and enjoy it.

It sounds like you have 2 small children (1 and 3). With the 6 adults you have going I would think someone could help if they got a little restless. I would not skip entering the CP just because I have kids...

There were lots of small children when we went... it is Disney after all.

I do agree that the earlier show might be better. We did the early show and booked a 7pm dinner reservation. It worked out perfect.

Book early though, the dining goes fast!!

DDuck66
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
I would definatly go for the early show. That way you have time for other things afterwards. We are going on December 15th for the early show and then heading to MGM for the Osborne Lights.

mudpuppysmom
09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I took DS last year (he was four) and we did the dinner package, which I HIGHLY recommend. I'd pick the middle show though......since it does not impact "regular" dinner time and it's before bed, so the kids will be fed and hopefully a tad bit tired so they will sit still for a little while.

The hardest part I will say though is waiting in the line to enter the theater.....we got in line about an hour before the show just so we could get what I thought was a decent seat. The older couple in line behind me turned out to be from our hometown so we talked it up and they were great with my DS.....they were grandparents, so they spoiled him a little....the grandpap went and bought us all ice cream treats (how cool was that!), and this all kept DS busy for the hour we waited.

The show actually held my 4 y/o's interest, which surprised me quite a bit!!

As someone else said, I would not let the fact that you have smaller kids stop you from entering the theater.