PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic time change?

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Hello all,

We got a call yesterday from Disney MGM Studios saying that they had changed the time for Fantasmic! on Nov. 19 from 7:00 to 6:30 pm, and because we had the dinner package booked (Brown Derby - I won't give the exact time but it was well before 7 or 6:30 for that matter - an early dinner, let's say), they wanted to know if we wanted to change our dinner time.

This puzzles me...they talked to my husband, so he just told them to change the time (now dinner is after Fantasmic at 7:10 but that seems to cut it pretty close timewise).

I always thought the park closed after Fantasmic, so I was surprised they wanted to book us for dinner AFTER the show. Not having that early dinner will give us more time to enjoy the park, so it's probably a good thing.

Curious about why they asked us if we wanted to change the dinner time...I'm going to call them back just to make sense of it, but I wonder if anyone else got a similar call?

thanks.

jpH/keD
09-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Very interesting! I am subscribing to this thread and also would like any info you get. We are going on Nov 20th and havent received a call. I was wondering if they were changing all the times for that week? Our dinner ressies are very early as well. I am also confused about after Fantasmic we wanted to stay and see the Osbourne Lights. Dont know if they shoo you out of the park or how that works?? Have a great trip!!:mickey:

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Don't want to alarm anyone! But just thought it was curious...

Once I talk with Disney, I'll post with an update.

pixiesmimi
09-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I haven't heard anything about the time change but we had made our Fantasmic dinner reservations on the day of EMH at MGM so we could stay afterwards in the park last week. Then about two weeks ago, they changed the schedule and made the MGM EMH the next night which really made me angry. But even thought the park was supposed to close after the 8:30 show that night, I noticed people going the other direction to other parts of the park afterwards as we were heading out. I don't know if they thought it was still open late or if they just don't shoo people out immediately afterwards. I think the restaurants and some stores are still open afterwards because I have heard people advising having your dinner reservations afterwards so you could avoid the crowds leaving.

nicole48040
09-01-2007, 04:51 PM
They have extended all park hours for that week (we will be there too) and added a second fantasmic. MGM is actually open til 11pm on the 19th (8pm plus extra magic hours). Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
They have extended all park hours for that week (we will be there too) and added a second fantasmic. MGM is actually open til 11pm on the 19th (8pm plus extra magic hours). Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

Oh, that makes sense! Do you know what time the second Fantasmic show is scheduled for?

Thanks so much for the info!

pixiesmimi
09-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Probably 10:00 p.m. The shows are usually 8:30 and 10:00 on the nights of EMH. But we were told that the Fantasmic packages were only for the 8:30 show.

mousetrapper
09-02-2007, 04:22 PM
The night we're going Fantasmic! is at 6:30. It was originally on the calendar for 7 pm.

So I guess they'll have a 6:30 show & an 8 pm show?

Carol
09-02-2007, 04:51 PM
It's at 8PM. :)

apequet
09-06-2007, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=mousetrapper;1405054

Curious about why they asked us if we wanted to change the dinner time...I'm going to call them back just to make sense of it, but I wonder if anyone else got a similar call?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

OK....this just happenned to me too! :angry:
We had fantasmic dinner reservations @ H & V on Thursday, Dec 13 @ 4:50. And I just got a call from MGM asking us if we wanted to change our dinner time, b/c they changed the time of Fantasmic from 6:30 to 6:00! They said that would not give us enough time, b/c we needed to be checked into the show a 1/2 hour ealy, so that would make it 5:30. SO, I had to choose new ADR times @ 3:40 or 7:10 (which would be after the show) I didn't really know what to do! :confused: I thought the 3:40 was a bit too early to eat dinner, so I oppted for the 7:10. So, now instead of getting my fantasmic vouchers at H&V, I have to go to guest relations and get my voucher's there and then go to dinner after the show. HOW CONFUSING!! :confused: I asked the CM why they changed the times and she said that she really didn't know the reason, but that MGM was closing at 6:30 that day!? What's going on? I just checked WDW web site and it say's that they close at 8 that day.:bang:
SO, my question is this...are they really closing early or are they adding another Fantasmic show for the night? I'm really bummed we had to change our ADR's, b/c I wanted to go see the Osbourne lights (which is from 6-8) after Fantasmic, but now we are going to miss it, b/c we'll have to go to dinner. :pout:

pixiesmimi
09-06-2007, 11:45 PM
I would have chosen the 3:10 time. We had to take 3:00 reservations last week for the Fantasmic package at H&V. We just ate an early breakfast and didn't eat lunch. After this meal, we didn't want anything else but a snack that night. I watched people coming in with popcorn, etc. for Fantasmic and really wanted some but they weren't bringing it around for sale and we were afraid to get up and go to the consession stand for some because it was packed that night and people were trying to come across the ropes and sit in the package reserved section. The CMs kept chasing them off but later one CM brought a family down and made some people in front of us scoot down so they could sit there. Later they took the ropes down. I don't know if they had the package and were just late getting there or if they let someone else sit there. But anyway, I would rather have the meal ahead of time and go do something else afterwards. That is strange that they are closing so early. But they did that to us when they were supposed to have EMH that night. I was kind of aggrevated.:(