PDA

View Full Version : Can 11month old ride any rides with me?

ilovejoeyR
08-31-2007, 11:38 PM
:mickey:me and my husband are planning a trip to magic kingdom,epcot,and animal kingdom,we are taking 3 kids(6yrs-3yrs-11months) was just wondering if there are any rides we can all ride together(slow moving rides of course),i have read all the guides and have never found an answer can someone please help me,thanks!!!

Madame Leona
08-31-2007, 11:55 PM
I took ds when he was 10 months old and there were a lot of rides for him to go on. In the Magic Kingdom, he went on almost all of the rides. The only things he didn't go on were space mountain, splash mountain, and thunder mountain and we didn't do any shows. He just wasn't able to sit through them. The same pretty much goes for all the rest of the parks. He even went on the safari at Animal Kingdom and loved it. I say take a look at a ride and use your best judgement but there aren't a lot of restrictions.

katzctkpt
09-01-2007, 12:15 AM
There should be plenty to ride with the baby. Use your own judgement on the ones that don't have a height restriction. Also, be sure to take advantage of child swap that way both adults can have a chance to ride and possibly the 6 & 3 yr old could ride twice. Once with each parent. Off the top of my head MK rides that couldn't be riden by the 11 mo old is space mountain, splash mountain, thunder mountain, stitch, & goofy's coaster in toon town. Look under theme parks on intercot and see if they list the height restrictions for the rides at each park.

Hog Wild
09-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Yes there should be lots. We took DS when he was 4 months old. He did a lot of our favorites... HM, PoC, Jungle Ride, Snow White, Peter Pan, It's a small world at Magic Kingdom. At Epcot he did Spaceship earth, living with the land, Ellen's energy adventure at Epcot. At the animal kingdom he did the safari ride. I don't think that there were any other rides there that he could do.

Also there is a baby swap for rides that he couldn't go on. DD got to go twice... once with mommy and once with daddy. She thought that was cool.

Speedy1998
09-01-2007, 12:54 AM
You can take him on anything that does not have a height restriction. Which is the majority of attractions MK, and Epcot. The true rides in Disney Studios and AK almost all have height requirements, but there are more shows at these parks.

EmmMOM2
09-01-2007, 07:55 AM
I brought my 16 month old on practically everything (aside from coasters) we went on small world, pooh, peter pan, haunted house, pirates of the carribean, mexico ride, dumbo, kilimanjaro safari etc....also the great movie ride, though your 3 yr old may be scared of that because of the alien scene. The 11 month old probably wouldn't though, they dont really know what scared is yet at that age.

You can put them on your lap for just about any ride. Their is a drop in pirates but i took him anyway and he didnt make a peep about it.

It wil be a blast and almost all the rides he can join you on.

mickey&missy
09-01-2007, 08:04 AM
First, :welcome: to Intercot!!

There should lots you can go with the little one. Like everyone said just not the coasters or anything with a height restriction. Our littlest will be 9 months in March for our next trip, I can't wait!! Enjoy your trip!

wdw_bound
09-01-2007, 09:27 AM
We used a Baby Bjorn carrier for DS when he was 10 mos. It worked wonderfully on the rides (DH does not do many rides, so it was me, DS and DD7) I felt more secure with my little wriggle worm in the carrier. Using it, we enjoyed all of the Fantasyland rides (except Snow White - I'm not even sure why that's considered a good rides for kids - gives me the creeps). We also did Alladin, POTC, Buzz and probably a few others. Don't recall riding anything in the Studios or Epcot, but did enjoy a few things at AK. Even without the rides, he still enjoyed the other parks - watching the characters, checking out all the lights and fountains, you name it. It was a great trip!

#1donaldfan
09-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Sure......any of the slow moving rides would be just fine.....eg....snow white, peter pan, dumbo, pooh......great movie ride, backlot tour.....most of the rides at the world pavilions, spaceship earth....and many more I just can't seem to remember......

teambricker04
09-01-2007, 03:18 PM
We used a Baby Bjorn carrier for DS when he was 10 mos. It worked wonderfully on the rides (DH does not do many rides, so it was me, DS and DD7) I felt more secure with my little wriggle worm in the carrier.

Gosh! You are lucky! I just had my 3mo in his and he is already almost too long for it! I guess I will have to get something else for our next trip.

I agree... the baby bjorn is a great option (if your child fits in one!) for on rides. We took our first when he was 10 mo and our next trip is when our little one is 5 mo. I say the first was harder once he started walking a lot. He went on every ride except the coasters, of course. He loved it all!