PDA

View Full Version : September Theme in VMK

chrisb26
08-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Well VMK has finally updated the calender and let us know what the theme of september will be...

September will be Dreams Month!

It's the Year of a Million Dreams! Come share in the magic and fun at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and the Disneyland Resort in California - where dreams come true!
VMK is celebrating this magical time with Dreams Month! That's right, this month we're making dreams come true too!

Throughout the month of September our in-game Host will be roaming the Virtual Magic Kingdom granting the Dreams of VMK players! What's your dream?

This sounds pretty cool. I'm think I might like this months theme. If you look at the calender every event is listed as Dream Squad. I hope I get picked!

WDWfanatic742
08-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Very nice theme (and an actual original one) however, I wish that I could believe that they would make this completely random with some kind of program like the real dream squad...

I see way too many complaints from kids saying that they didn't get anything and maybe even favoritism in picking some people :(

varcity
09-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Ditto, Fan, I think the same. Lots of complaints. However, so long as the staff stick to the public areas, don't follow people on their lists, and pick at random, I believe many infernos will come out :mickey: LOL

My problem: I don't go into the public often and I won't be on much because of school. Anyone for hire? :thedolls:

Jeremy
09-01-2007, 01:32 AM
oh my.
I sent vmk a e-mail at the first of the year about this idea.
a dream team i called it. and to give pins and things out to people. lol

I wonder if they took off with my idea?
that would be cool:cool:

mickeynuts
09-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Yay for Pirate's idea! What a cool theme, this will be fun :)
When they gave out the infernos before they used some sort of random process to choose people, I doubt we need to worry about favoritism. This could be why they took all the leaders off the staff lists a while back, so nobody could point fingers.
Can't wait to see what kind of wishes they grant!
:cool: Laura

varcity
09-01-2007, 11:48 AM
It's been nearly 15 minutes and everyone is going crazy it seems. I have walked all around vmk and EVERY room contains at least 8 people standing there waiting and saying: "dreams"

This could end up being a long month if people continue to try so hard at a random give away :mickey:

chrisb26
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
People are getting prizes and it seems to be new ones.

I know there are people winning a Cinderella Castle suite room. It looks pretty neat. The hosts have some new pins on as well. Looks like people are also winning a green lightcycle couch. People are also winning Dream ears that appear to be blue with silver ears. I'm also hearing that the ears are not tradeable :(

WDWfanatic742
09-01-2007, 12:38 PM
So much for me doing much anything else this month. Looks like we might have a couple closing parties in public rooms if they are still doing events by then.

chrisb26
09-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Well we will be at least sitting in rooms while they are out there.

Also It wont just be the chosen people that win because everybody that is in the room when the staff enters wins!

WDWfanatic742
09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
They seem to be going to all of the public rooms, not just staying in Main Street USA. All I've seen so far is that they have been seen in Main Street, Fantasyland, and Frontierland but I'm sure they have had other people in the other lands.

bigpapiortiz34
09-01-2007, 01:44 PM
I just LOVE this theme! Its original, fun, and really connects with the theme parks as well! Hopefully I get something. When I was at Disney, there were 5 chances for my family and I to win a prize (meaning, most of the time, we saw people winning the prize). I was very disappointed, but I soon learned that you can't be expecting the prize to win, or else it seems you will never get it!

Some prizes given out so far:
Cloud Mickey ears
Castle Room
Dreams Pin
and hopefully others!

On other fan sites they are posting pictures, and hopefully we can get some pictures on here soon for me to gaze at them!

EDIT: How do you win? LOL!

LittleDragonErin
09-01-2007, 02:27 PM
They're also giving out credits, green tron suit, green tron lightcycle and pink tikis.

I forgot it was already the new month and went into my "Dreams." room to put some stuff in it and it filled immediately. It hasn't emptied at all yet. I had my line up to 132 at one point. O_o

Patricia
09-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Send any pictures you get to [email protected] or [email protected]
we'd be happy to post them.

WDWfanatic742
09-01-2007, 03:00 PM
That's if we can ever actually get something :D. Far as I know, nobody from Intercot has gotten anything yet.

Patricia
09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
It doesn't have to be pictures of Icot people. If you see someone wearing anything new or a new room, snap a photo and send it on.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Detective Doll is on the job for pics :spy:

And maybe for some prizes along the way ;)

WDWfanatic742
09-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Here are two pictures of some people we saw on the boat:

Dream Ears 1 (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2313715170075973817PkqXCU)
Dream Ears 2 (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2741106050075973817PMbiCF)

Chescat
09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Items Dream Team gave away today were the following:

Newly Released:

Castle Suite Guest Room (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/Dreams/CastleSuiteGuestRoom.jpg)

Castle Suite Fireplace (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/Dreams/CastleSuiteFireplace.jpg)

Castle Suite Sofa (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/Dreams/CastleSuiteSofa.jpg)

Dreams Logo Pin (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/Dreams/DreamsLogoPin.jpg)

Dreams Fairy Pin (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/Dreams/DreamsFairyPin.jpg)

Dreams Mickey Ears (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/Dreams/DreamsMickeyEars.jpg)

Lightcycle Couch Green (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/Dreams/LightCycleCouchGreen.jpg)

Re-released:

Dreams Captain Hook Chair
Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Idol Pink
Tron Arcade Cabinet

Alligirl
09-02-2007, 01:09 AM
hmmm
I love the princess room, but why do they give you the room but not the furniture? If it's not tradeable how will you ever furnish it?

Jeremy
09-02-2007, 01:12 AM
i love that room its so cool.:cool:

i think that would be my dream to have that room. or ears would be nice, well anything really. lol:)

chrisb26
09-02-2007, 01:18 AM
hmmm
I love the princess room, but why do they give you the room but not the furniture? If it's not tradeable how will you ever furnish it?

I believe you do get the furniture with it. All the pictures I saw had the furniture in the rooms also.

Patricia
09-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Here is a pic of OhGee (AKA poooff) wearing her new dream ears!

chrisb26
09-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I wonder how much they are going to be regretting having this month. We have been getting messages all morning telling us not to stay in one place because that wont make staff come and don't send messages for help asking for staff to come. This is only the second day of this thing I bet by the end of the month they wont be very happy people. :D

Blue Genie
09-03-2007, 03:15 PM
If and that is a BIG IF. I get that room I will move my Inside Aurora castle to that place. My question is. If that's the Cinderella room why does it have Aurora and Prince Phillip on the window?

chrisb26
09-03-2007, 04:52 PM
This dream counter I don't believe is accurate at all. Aside from the fact that it continues to go up even after VMK closes it goes up all the time even when the events are not going on. Right now the counter is at 368. How is this even possible? If you do the math where alot of the rooms get an entire prize. So if there are even only 10 in the room that would only be 37 rooms that the hosts have visited in the past three days. That isn't possible because I doubt there has only been 37 rooms visited. So I am thinking it is 368 seperate dreams so single people that win and groups of people that win are counted as 1 I think that sounds more accurate. But I really dont know. Anybody else have any theories? Maybe this counter is just completely inaccuate and who knows how many dreams have or haven't been given out. :D

WDWfanatic742
09-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I highly doubt that it is accurate. I'm guessing if it was, it would be counting the amount of rooms that it would be picking, not the amount of people.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I Want Those Ears! Rawr! :p

OhGee
09-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Patti thanks for posting the pic. I got the ears through pure luck. I just happen to follow See.low into a room to say hello and Lily was there. Wish I would have sent Ohgee in instead. I actually don't wear the ears because I get jumped with tons of questions everytime I do.
Good luck to everyone.

Chescat
09-04-2007, 01:14 AM
One of our VMK buddies sputnikpotato was awarded the Cinderella Castle tonight by Phinny in the matterhorn. Genie was helping him design the room.

We had party tonight! Congrats Toe! :woohoo::woohoo:

chrisb26
09-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Way to go Toe!

Enjoy the room its awesome!

:muscles:

LittleDragonErin
09-04-2007, 01:21 AM
So I log in and notice my room is closed so I go visit some friends. Then I make my way to another friend's room and at some point we're talking about the green lightcycle and wondering if it's tradeable or not. Later I go help another friend do a Stitch trade. As the boy trades the Stitch to me, I notice a tron cycle in my inventory and it doesn't hit me that it's there (because I usually keep my furniture empty except for a ride start piece). Also notice it's not tradeable, so I'm thinking, oh they made all the lightcycles not tradeable. Then I notice a tron cabinet and think, I haven't traded for a tron cabinet in a while...how'd that get there. Then I looked closer at the lightcycle and notice it's not yellow as I originally thought but green! Hahaha!!!

Anyway, if you're wondering...I've heard this from other players but apparently if a Host visits your room and you're not there and gives everybody in the room prizes, you as the room owner get the prizes as well even if you're not there. Guess that one's true. :P Oh and they close off your room once they visit so nobody new can come in while they're giving prizes. I'm guessing that's what emptied the queue and shut down my room tonight. Also the cycle is NOT tradeable. -_-'

I forgot to take a pic, but I'll try to remember tomorrow and post it.

chrisb26
09-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Ah well congrats Little that must be why your room got empty maybe the hosts where mad because your room had a longer line then theirs have had for months :D

Congrats again!

LittleDragonErin
09-04-2007, 01:30 AM
maybe the hosts where mad because your room had a longer line then theirs have had for months :D

ROTFL! Never thought of it that way, but now that I do, that's FUNNY because it's almost true! LOL!

PinkJJ
09-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Throughout the month of September our in-game Host will be roaming the Virtual Magic Kingdom granting the Dreams of VMK players! What's your dream?

Is it just me? Or does anyone else find this announcement a little misleading? As far as I know, the hosts have been the ones deciding what they give the players. This, to me, sounded like the players would get to choose what their dream is.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea, just thought it was confusing how they worded it.

chrisb26
09-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Is it just me? Or does anyone else find this announcement a little misleading? As far as I know, the hosts have been the ones deciding what they give the players. This, to me, sounded like the players would get to choose what their dream is.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea, just thought it was confusing how they worded it.

I do agree with you when I first read that I took at as them letting you pick what you wanted they should have worded it differently but it is VMK we are talking about of course ;)

jjramsey
09-04-2007, 12:46 PM

That is the way I initially read it...green flips and infernos dancing in my head (POP - there goes that thought :blush:).

chrisb26
09-04-2007, 11:12 PM
We just won the pink tiki!!!

Congrats Genie, Rocks, Ty, Cat, Nachocat, and Hockey!

Jk did you win also? Hula came in right after you said Good Night to everybody.

A dream did come true!

Thanks Hula :)

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Congrats to everyone who has got a prize! OhGee, if you really don't like your cloud ears, you can always trade it to me ;)

Oh wait.. that was dumbo. They're not tradeable! RAWR!

DisneyMomma23
09-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Tonight I was at Fantasyland Courtyard and Host_Hula showed up, not once, not twice but three times, however all she ever said was hi and didn't award any prizes. Is this common? I thought it was whatever room they went into the people there got a prize? Is there certain criteria to qualify for a dream prize?

chrisb26
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Tonight I was at Fantasyland Courtyard and Host_Hula showed up, not once, not twice but three times, however all she ever said was hi and didn't award any prizes. Is this common? I thought it was whatever room they went into the people there got a prize? Is there certain criteria to qualify for a dream prize?

Wow that stinks big time sorry that happened. Not sure why she would go three times and not give a prize. I dont think anybody knows how this really works. I think I have an idea of how the Castle Suite is chosen. It appears that they are looking for somebody wearing something specific. Since only one person wins that. Maybe she was looking for somebody and she didn't give anything to room. But I do have to say if she came three times I would be mad.

varcity
09-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Our dreams have come true: The answer to "How does this dream program work!"

VMK Dreams Month Details

Only VMK Hosts (Host_Hula, Host_Phinny, and Host_Lily) are awarding VMK Dreams prizes. Please do not ask other VMK staff members or send a Call For Help asking staff to visit you.
(Remember, using Call For Help for anything other than an emergency situation could result in your account being banned permanently from VMK. If you have a question or comment use Contact Us, not Call For Help.)

Our program randomly selects public rooms for the Host to visit, so filling up public rooms like Main Street USA or Tiki Tiki Tiki Island won't get Hosts to visit that room.

When visiting players guest rooms, Hosts are assigned a certain type of room to visit, so creating a "Host Come Visit!" or "Please Give Me Dreams Stuff!" rooms won't get Hosts to visit your room.

If a Host visits one public room, such as the Frontierland Hub, chances are they won't be visiting that room again on the same day.

When you see a Host walking around the Kingdom, please do not surround them asking for specific VMK Dreams items.

Our program randomly places Host in certain places at certain times, in addition the VMK Dream item they give is generated by our system – so specific requests cannot be accommodated.
Host do not know their Dream Squad assignments in advance - so please don't ask them where they will be or what prizes they are awarding, as even they do not know until it's time to award that Dream.

What's the best way to win a Dreams prize? Just be yourself! Play your favorite VMK games, hang out in your favorite public areas, and create fun and fantastic rooms. Just be you and maybe your VMK dreams will come true!
Finally, please understand our Host have many VMK Dreams to grant so they may not have time to chat or answer your questions.

Watch the VMK Dreams Counter on the VMK homepage to see how many VMK Dreams we've made come true!

varcity
09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, not really the most informative, but it does give the insite into how the program is working that we wanted.

I would have preferred requested dreams to be accepted. But then again I don't walk around the park searching for cast members (Don't walk around VMK either) and when I find the dreams squad I don't ask them for the cinderella suit.

Speaking of, I just got news they are turning the Disney Gallery in DLR into a hotel suit much like Cinderella's suit in WDW. Insteresting and sad at the same time, I love that place! Met Maggie Parr there!

WDWfanatic742
09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
About Hula coming in and not giving dream items. Lately, half of the time the hosts have been going into crowded rooms and just shutting it down because they realize that some people are waiting and wasting time in queue for the room when they could be doing better things.

chrisb26
09-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Our program randomly selects public rooms for the Host to visit, so filling up public rooms like Main Street USA or Tiki Tiki Tiki Island won't get Hosts to visit that room.

I think this "program" might be them just clicking the room to enter not a certain type specifically. Just the random room.

When visiting players guest rooms, Hosts are assigned a certain type of room to visit, so creating a "Host Come Visit!" or "Please Give Me Dreams Stuff!" rooms won't get Hosts to visit your room.

I do wonder if this is true or not. We figured that since Hula was all about Tiki she would like that we where in a Tiki room and it worked! I am not sure they told her she had to visit only tiki rooms she can probably choose.

Host do not know their Dream Squad assignments in advance - so please don't ask them where they will be or what prizes they are awarding, as even they do not know until it's time to award that Dream.

Im not so sure how true this is either. I dont know how much of a concidence it was that we got the Pink Tiki in my Tiki Room :) Not that I'm complaining it is a great addition ;)

I am glad however that they put this up it did answer some questions that where probably needed to be answered. I still think they have some outstanding questions they have not answered yet.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
About Hula coming in and not giving dream items. Lately, half of the time the hosts have been going into crowded rooms and just shutting it down because they realize that some people are waiting and wasting time in queue for the room when they could be doing better things.

Not like it's going to stop them though. :D