PDA

View Full Version : Oh crud! Now I'm regretting my ADR decision

Samtastic
08-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Everyone keeps talking of how great Ohana is. Even when I made the ADR for Kona, the CM was like "Oh, not going for Ohana?"

Now I'm even more conflicted than before. This is such a hard choice!!!

pox24
08-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Eat breakfast at Kona and dinner at O'Hana's.

grego77
08-31-2007, 04:59 PM
I agree 100% with the above post! :mickey:

Samtastic
08-31-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm not really a big bf person, although my DBF is. The dinner menu at Kona just sounds so up my alley (and his), but everyone raves about Ohana! I could do one for lunch, for the menu isn't the same at Kona and 'Ohana isn't open for lunch! Poop.:(

Septbride2002
08-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Kona is fabulous! We realy enjoyed eating there - so I say - don't sweat it!
~Amanda

Kairi_7378
08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Don't sweat it. Many people on Intercot love Kona Cafe. You never know, the CM may have just been swamped with calls from people demanding ADR's for O'hana.

disneynarula
08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
I actually prefer Kona. Check out the menus here on Icot. Kona has such a bigger variety.

SurferStitch
08-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Our dinner at Kona was very good, but we loved 'Ohana so much that we are repeating dinner there again this year.

The menus are so different, so you can't really compare the two. We just loved the food, service, atmosphere and all around great feeling we had at 'Ohana. Kona was just another nice restaurant....not fun like 'Ohana.

DH and I don't have kids yet, but we participated in a special dance to Blue Hawaii that the host sang, and then I participated in the hula lesson. DH and I had a huge table all to ourselves away from all of the action next to the windows...it was actually quite romantic....quiet, relaxed, and we weren't rushed at all.

You still like (or love) Kona, but I would highly recommend trying to do a dinner at 'Ohana.

#1donaldfan
08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Ohana is OK....your not missing that much, you have a very good choice so don't sweat it. We've tried Ohana once and I don't think we'll try it again anytime soon. The interaction and atmosphere was great, however the food was....well I hate to complain.....so I won't....I'll just say it was OK.....

mainemajor
08-31-2007, 09:38 PM
We had dinner at Kona's last week and LOVED it. When we first viewed Konas we thought, is this going to be any good? The food was great. I had the duck pot stickers and DW had the lump crab cakes and both were out of this world:cloud9:. The prime rib was cooked and seasoned perfectly and the Mahi-Mahi was a nice light fare on a very warm evening.
The service here was top notch and the atmosphere is inside Kona's was so relaxing. I would go there again in a heartbeat and would encourage others to do the same.

Crow
08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
i ate at Kona in May & it was good.
Ohanas i have ADR for in 3 wks. never ate there and i am a little hesitant since i will b solo....and its basically like a buffet since they bring u all u want im guessing.
from the sounds of it it sounds like WC which ive eaten at and thought it was only ok.
im even thinking about not doing Ohana....

sillyolbear
09-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Stick with Kona. That is not to say O'Hana isn't good, but Kona has a great menu with really nice variety.

jpH/keD
09-02-2007, 02:45 PM
We have ressies for O'hanas and I was bummed we werent going to try Konas. But we have 3 little kids and are going for the character breakfast! If and when I get to go adults only we will try Kona's!! Enjoy your trip and eat happy! :mickey:

mousetrapper
09-02-2007, 04:44 PM
'Ohana's is OK to me...it's funny that so many people just love it! It's not bad by any means, the atmosphere and location is great (hey, it IS the Poly after all!), but I feel a little rushed there, the food isn't spectacular, IMHO, and it's pretty noisy.

Our DDs have loved 'Ohana's ever since they were little. I thought it was something they would grow out of, but they haven't.

I wonder if it's more of a restaurant for families with kids? Kids just seem to love it. The coconut races, etc.

We have only had breakfast at Kona Cafe but we love it. I've also heard great things about dinner there. It just doesn't have the entertainment value of 'Ohana's.

Natazu
09-03-2007, 04:26 AM
We love both places. Kona has amazing food and excellent service, plus the best bread in the world. 'Ohana is fun and the food is awesome. It's very entertaining for the kids and an excellent value. We go to Kona about twice as often as we go to 'Ohana though.

Keep the Kona ADR. You won't be disappointed. Did I spell disappointed right? I always think it has two Ss. I'm pretty sure about the Ps. Oh well, anyway. Keep the Kona.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-03-2007, 10:44 AM
We are going to WDW in October (yahoo!) and of course we just can't fit in everything we would like to do in one trip. There are only so many TS credits to go around and only so many meals we can eat during the visit. So I laugh at myself when I realize I'm already mentally planning things to do on the next trip. It's never too soon to start planning the next trip! That's part of the magic of WDW- you just can't possibly do everything in one trip, so you've always got a reason to go back!

Jared
09-03-2007, 10:53 AM
'Ohana is great, but Kona Cafe might be better! We always try to eat at both.

Because many of my family's favorite restaurants are either buffets or family style meals, we value the opportunity for a traditional table service meal at Kona Cafe. The food is delicious, especially the appetizers and desserts, and the setting is casual.

If you want a raucous atmosphere and fun entertainment, try 'Ohana. Otherwise, I say stick with Kona Cafe. After the meal, you won't be disappointed in your decision.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I never ate at Kona for anything but breakfast.... I love the place... Tonga Toast is awesome.... I used to love Ohana... I heard they changed their menu a while back... I haven't tried the new menu out yet.... I can't think it was a drastic change though....

My suggestion: Kona for breakfast and Ohana for dinner....

glenpreece
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I am in love Kona now. I went last year with the free dining plan and I am hooked. I know have to go every trip atleast once to Kona. The mahi mahi is so good and the wings are to die for!! And the desserts are outstanding!!! I am sure you won't regret it.