PDA

View Full Version : Dining Suggestions Please!

jclightchasr
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Will be going in December Between Christmas and New Years...the most crowded time of the year but still great.

Will have 3 kids ages 8,4, and 2.
Looking for kid friendly, great atmosphere, and higher quality food.

Already been to Ohana's and Whispering Canyon. Looking for someplace different.

It will be hard to top Ohana's our current considerations are Boma, and California Grill.
I don't know how kid friendly these places are though.

Could use some suggestions.

JoRy
08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
My family has loved two of the great restaurants...Flying Fish and California Grill. It is probably going to be hard to get into the California Grill, but if you can it is the best. It has the most amazing views of Mk and Wishes, and AMAZING food. Flying Fish is on the Boardwalk and typically easier to get into. The food is amazing...can't get better seafood on property. And the Boardwalk is a lot of fun for the kids.

You really cannot go wrong at either place.

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
If you're thinking possibly a character dinner try Chef Mickeys. I heard the California Grill wasn't really for kids. My kids also liked the Japanese rest. in Epcot they were closed this past June for refurb but, should be opened by Dec. They cook in front of you and the chefs were great with our kids.

BBrinkman
08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
We never miss Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue or Mickey's Yankee Tavern in MK....both are all you can eat and Hoop offers a great show while the Tavern gives you a chance to interact with several characters as they make the rounds. The Brown Derby at Studios is always good too and if you're wanting to go outside the park atmosphere, I'd recommend Chef Mickey's. You can't really go wrong with Disney food!

EmmMOM2
08-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I would recommend Crystal palace for breakfast with the pooh characters. I would also recommend boatwrights at POR. Very good food and not usually OVERLY crowded. :)

mvelez15
08-31-2007, 05:37 PM
My sisters favorite character meal ever was Garden Grill over at Epcot. She loved it at age 11 and still loves it today at 17. Great meal, really great character interaction and she was fascinated by the rotation of the place.:thumbsup: