PDA

View Full Version : Would you change HM for Christmas?

jclightchasr
08-31-2007, 01:25 PM
I have not been on the ride at DL when they change the Haunted Mansion for Christmas by adding in Jack Skellington and Crew from Nightmare Before Christmas but the makeover looks pretty cool to me. I have also found some audio for their version which is quite impressive. Would you like to have it changed or remain the same? I realize this question doesn't take in consideration the current refurb and enhancements they doing now so just base you decision on what you already know of the ride.

Mandykay
08-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I haven't been on HM since the refurb(I'll have to wait for Dec.), but I think it'd be really neat to have it done up like DL. Neat twist on an old favorite:thumbsup:

krose78
08-31-2007, 01:57 PM
If it was done like that in December i think my husband would make us ride that ride like 100 times.

atruman
08-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Since I am fortunate enough to be able to ride it quite often, I would love to see it get the DL treatment. I was over there one year around Thanksgiving, and rode it with the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, and really liked it. But then Jack Skellington is one of my favorites.

bleukarma
08-31-2007, 02:15 PM
I think I would really like the Nightmare Before Christmas theme!

Eeyore's Pal
08-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I guess I'm the only one so far, but I would not like it changed.

SBETigg
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't change it. Too many people only get that one big Disney trip experience and it would be such a disappointment for those visitors to miss out on the original that I don't think it's worth making the change.

Carol
08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Since it is only a seasonal overlay, and having experienced the Disneyland version, I would welcome that change.

It is beyond words to describe the holiday version!

Polynesian Dweller
08-31-2007, 02:40 PM
This is one I'd have to see to be able to make up my mind. I'm not sure I can understand how Jack Skellington can be overlaid on HM without impacting on the themeing of the original ride. For those who have seen it at DL, does it overwhelm the original ride?

Carol
08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
For those who have seen it at DL, does it overwhelm the original ride?Yes. The theme is totally changed.

Donna has some fantastic photos in her album here (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2321471820075013401qwJJdz).

January-2007
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
No! I've seen the overlay at DisneyLand. I do not like it.

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
I think our family may like it because we've made multiple trips to WDW, and we plan on visiting in the future, so we have seen HM in the original state and plan to see it that way again.

It's like Cinderella's Castle -- we've seen it without the overlays and with, and it's kind of nice to be able to say we saw it decorated for a special time or celebration.

I think it depends too on how much of a "purist" you are!

FatherForce
09-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Those of you who would not wish it changed to the Nightmare Before Xmas theme have not seen the DL makeover.
If you had, you would surely want to see the change for the holidays.

We went to DL in 05, and I was NOT very happy about seeing a changed HM, but I was completely blown away with the makeover!

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention....we also LOVE Nightmare Before Christmas!!

That's another big consideration too...if you don't like the movie (or anything Tim Burton-esque) I don't think you'd appreciate the HM redone in that theme.

Just like the Enchanted Tiki Room...we don't prefer it "under new management!"

;)

newcarsmell
09-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I saw the DL makeover several years ago and think is one of the most imaginative things Disney has ever come up with. But not all change is good - like the previous poster, I think the old Tiki was better than the present screamfest. (wish IT were temporary)

MushuGrl
09-03-2007, 01:10 AM
We went to DL for the first time last October, and I was originally bummed that we would be getting the Nighmare overlay and I wouldn't get to see the new additions to HM. After riding it....I LOVED IT! You HAVE to see the singing pumpkins..I rode it twice for them ALONE.

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2007, 08:55 AM
I am not even a big fan of the Nightmare Before Christmas movie, but I absolutley loved the overlay at the Disneyland Haunted Mansion. It was beyond cool and made my jaw drop several times. I think it would be very cool if they also added it to the WDW mansion.

c&d
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't like it changed. The first time we went to DL I couldn't wait to ride it and it was all done up for Christmas. Nice, but I really wanted to ride the original.

Having said that, the holiday decorations in A Small World were wonderful at DL.

SignguyTom
09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
IMHO, the Christmas overlay at DLR is one of the coolest attractions at any Disney park. Even the queue line music is great. It is a collection of "Scarols" which are halloween versions of Christmas carols written by Danny Elfman. The ONLY part I don't like is the HM closing every fall to do the overlay. Otherwise, I think it is absolutely amazing.

If I were only going to do Disney one time, I would consider it a bonus to see the Christmas version. :twocents:

MinnieMommie
09-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Since it is only a seasonal overlay, and having experienced the Disneyland version, I would welcome that change.

Totally agree!

(and thanks for the pics) :mickey:

heart4princephillip
09-06-2007, 09:57 PM
IMHO, the Christmas overlay at DLR is one of the coolest attractions at any Disney park. Even the queue line music is great. It is a collection of "Scarols" which are halloween versions of Christmas carols written by Danny Elfman. The ONLY part I don't like is the HM closing every fall to do the overlay. Otherwise, I think it is absolutely amazing.

If I were only going to do Disney one time, I would consider it a bonus to see the Christmas version. :twocents:

Well said...I agree. I love this overlay!

GrmGrninGost
09-07-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure I would like the HM to have to be closed each year to put up and take down the overlay. That would make a lot of people who were there for perhaps their only time miss out on a classic attraction. As an added note, I sadly miss the original Tiki Room and also wish they would make the Under New Management temporary!

Carol
09-08-2007, 07:14 AM
It's only down for a few weeks.

MickeysEars
09-08-2007, 12:17 PM
I would love to see HM changed for Christmas!

jclightchasr
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Now that the HM has undergone its updates I will pose this question again and revive the post. I am curious to see you responses from this point on.

SurferStitch
11-12-2007, 12:57 PM
DH and I don't like Nightmare Before Christmas, so we wouldn't want to see the overlay. We love HM just the way it is.

teamblackwell
11-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I thought I was alone in not liking the HM overlay (nightmare b4 Christmas) at DL. I posted on Intercot West that I thought it was dissapointing and I got slammed by almost everyone. They're a little too over-protective of their park at Intercot West.
Anyway, You can ride the original version of HM and notice different elements with every ride. The overlay is so stripped down in ride content, you ride it once and you've seen it all.

Goofy Pluto
11-13-2007, 09:18 AM
I can't type "Yes" a million times, so let me just say...

A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!

I LOVE NMBC and amy DYING to see this attraction. Unfortunately it's 3000 miles away from me and my current budget doesn't see a trip to DL anytime in the near future. I wish it was going to be in WDW when we go next week (10 DAYS!), but I'm also very excited about seeing the updated HM as well. But I'd do ANYTHING to see this NMBC overlay.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-13-2007, 04:31 PM
They should definately do this at MK! It is, together with Splash Mountain, my favorite ride in all the Disney Parks! Amazingly themed after the movie and when I was at Disneyland Anaheim on Christmas Day it had a waittime of 180 minutes!

To put this in contrast, Splash Mountain next door only had 60 minutes so it's extremely popular